44. "And Elohim said, 'Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters'" (Beresheet 1:6). THIS PHRASE alludes to a detailed reform of the separation of the upper from the lower waters according to the secret of the left. Here, the dispute according to the secret of the left occurred. Until this point, REFERRING TO THE FIRST DAY, reference is made to the right. But ON THE SECOND DAY, REFERENCE is to the secret of THE GOVERNING OF the left. Because of this, a great dispute broke out ON THE SECOND DAY between the two sides. THE LEFT WANTED TO CANCEL THE GOVERNING POWER OF THE RIGHT ENTIRELY, WHILE THE RIGHT WANTED TO CANCEL THE GOVERNING POWER OF THE LEFT ENTIRELY. The right, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF CHESED AND THE FIRST DAY, is the perfection of all. Because of this, everything was written in the right ON THE FIRST DAY. THIS MEANS THAT ALL THE SEVEN DAYS, WHICH ARE THE SEVEN SFIROT, EMERGED FROM IT AND ARE HINTED IN IT, BECAUSE EVERY PERFECTION DEPENDS ON THE RIGHT SIDE. When the rule of the left was aroused, its dispute with the right began and the fire of anger in that dispute became fierce. From this dispute, Gehenom was created. So Gehenom was awakened, and created by the left, and cleaved to it, WHICH MEANS THAT WHOEVER WANTS TO STRENGTHEN THE LEFT SHALL FALL INTO GEHENOM, WHICH ORIGINATES FROM IT.
47. MOSES said: Assuredly, because of the power of the disagreement of the left, Gehenom should cling to it, JUST AS IT WAS IN THE WORKS OF CREATION. KORAH did not wish to be attached above, NAMELY TO THE STRUCTURE OF HOLINESS, and join the right, LIKE THE LEFT ON HIGH. So assuredly, he shall descend below, DOWN INTO GEHENOM, because of the fierceness of his anger. AS HAPPENED IN THE WORKS OF CREATION, GEHENOM CAME OUT AND CLEAVED TO THE LEFT. MOSES KNEW THAT WITH THE STRENGTH OF KORAH'S ANGER, KORAH WOULD DESCEND TO GEHENOM AND BE ATTACHED TO IT.
51. This secret appears in the Book of Adam. When darkness was aroused to take control, it emerged in all its might and created Gehenom within it, and GEHENOM cleaved to it in that dispute. As the anger and the might OF THE GVUROT were calmed down, the dispute was aroused in a different manner, as a dispute of love.
52. There were two kinds of disputes: One at the beginning and one at the end. This is the path of the righteous, which is hard in the beginning, because it is full of suffering, but ends in peace. Korah, BEING THE LEFT, was the beginning of the dispute BETWEEN THE RIGHT AND THE LEFT, which was full of anger and fierceness. EACH WANTED TO DIMINISH THE ILLUMINATION OF ITS NEIGHBOR. FROM THIS, GEHENOM EMERGED and Korah cleaved to Gehenom. Shammai was ALSO THE ASPECT OF THE LEFT, BUT at the end of the dispute BETWEEN THE RIGHT AND THE LEFT, when anger was forgotten and the dispute of love was set in motion so as to receive approval from the heavens, WHICH IS THE COLUMN THAT SETTLES THE DISPUTE. DOESN'T MAKE GRAMMATICAL SENSE
53. This is the secret of the verse: "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide..." (Beresheet 1:6) This is the first dispute, aroused by anger and force, IN WHICH EACH WANTED TO OVERCOME AND ANNUL ITS NEIGHBOR. THE HOLY ONE, BLESSED BE HE, wished to nullify the dispute and Gehenom was aroused until the anger and aggressiveness cooled down. Then IT IS WRITTEN: "And Elohim made the firmament AND DIVIDED..." (IBID. 7). THIS DIVISION IS the dispute, carried with love and friendship, which supports the world. According to this secret, (NAMELY THROUGH THE DISPUTE OF LOVE) is carried the dispute between Shammai and Hillel - NAMELY THE DIVIDING OF "AND ELOHIM MADE THE FIRMAMENT..." AT THE END OF THE DISPUTE. ON THE OTHER HAND, THE DISPUTE OF KORAH WAS ONE OF ANGER - WHICH IS THE DIVIDING OF "LET THERE BE A FIRMAMENT IN THE MIDST OF THE WATERS..." AT THE BEGINNING OF THE DISPUTE. SO THE DISPUTE OF SHAMMAI AND HILLEL WAS FOR THE SAKE OF HEAVEN, in which the Oral Torah, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE, entered with love into the Written Torah, WHICH IS ZEIR ANPIN AND CALLED HEAVEN. And they were in perfect union.
58. So the separation (Heb. Havdalah) is always on the second day, which is the Left COLUMN. THIS REFERS TO WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN EXPLAINED, THAT EVEN THE HAVDALAH AT THE ENDING OF SHABBAT IS INTENDED TO SEPARATE THE OTHER SIDE THAT EXTENDS FROM THE LEFT COLUMN. It was at the beginning of the dispute, which was aroused by the aggressiveness and anger of the left before it was calmed down and quieted, that Gehenom was created. Then were created all these angels that denounce before THE HOLY ONE, BLESSED BE HE, their Master above, THE SECRET OF THE CENTRAL COLUMN. THEY DISAGREE WITH HIS RECONCILIATION AND DEVIATE TO THE LEFT. Therefore, fire burns them up and they are consumed. And the other ANGELS, all those who are annulled and have no support, are burned in the fire. ALL THESE HAVE COME FROM THE POWER OF THE FIRE OF THE DISPUTE IN THE BEGINNING, ON THE SECOND DAY. Similarly, Korah FELL down INTO GEHENOM AND BURNED, JUST LIKE THOSE ANGELS WHO BURNED IN THE FIRE OF NAHAR DINUR (ENG. 'RIVER OF FIRE'). And everything follows the same manner, EXTENDING FROM THE BEGINNING OF THIS DISPUTE WITH THE FIRE OF ANGER.
118. The fourth day, WHICH IS THE KINGDOM OF DAVID, was rejected by the builders, as it is written: "The stone which the builders rejected..." (Tehilim 118:22) and also "my mother's children were angry with me" (Shir Hashirim 1:6). For this light, REFERRING TO MALCHUT, lowered itself and diminished its own radiance while the Klipot were established in their places. THIS GAVE PLACE TO THE EMERGING OF THE KLIPOT AND THEIR RULE. THUS SHE SEEMED LOATHSOME IN THE EYES OF THE RIGHTEOUS THAT BUILT IT. ONLY LATER, WHEN SHE WAS COMPLETED AND READY FOR UNION WITH ZEIR ANPIN, WAS IT SAID SHE "HAS BECOME THE HEAD STONE OF THE CORNER" (TEHILIM 118:22). All those lights that shone DURING THE 6000-YEAR PERIOD were suspended in this firmament of heaven to establish with them the throne of David - NAMELY, THE KINGDOM (MALCHUT) OF DAVID.
184. If the prayer is not complete, many demons pursue it, as it is written: "All her prosecutors overtook her within the straits" (Eichah 1:3). This is why people pray, "But He was full of compassion, forgiving iniquity... (Heb. vehu rachum...)" (Tehilim 78:38) AGAINST THE FOUR KLIPOT. "INIQUITY" REFERS TO Samael, who is the Serpent; "and He did not destroy" alludes to the Angel of Destruction; "often He turned away His anger" refers to THE KLIPAH CALLED anger; and "not stirring up all His wrath" refers to THE KLIPAH CALLED wrath. AND WE PRAY that these FOUR KLIPOT do not pursue the prayer, as many demons are attached to these KLIPOT. There are seven ministers, who have seventy more attached to them. Those seventy bring allegations in each and every firmament through which the prayer passes and 700 million demons are attached to them.
265. "And Hashem Elohim commanded..." (Beresheet 2:16). THIS VERSE ALLUDES TO THE PROHIBITION OF IDOL WORSHIPPING, WHICH IS INCLUDED WITHIN THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL, as it has been said that the word "To command (Heb. tzav)" is but idolatry, from where, REFERRING TO THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL, other Elohim originate. THERE ARE THREE TRANSGRESSIONS PERTAINING TO THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE, WHICH ARE IDOL WORSHIPPING, INCEST AND BLOODSHED. And this, NAMELY THE KLIPAH OF IDOLATRY, DWELLS in the liver (Heb. kaved; lit. 'heavy'). Hence, "Let more work be laid (lit. 'heavy')" (Shemot 5:9) of idol worship. Because OF IDOLATRY, the liver becomes angry. BY BECOMING ANGRY, THE LIVER IS PASSED ON AS A DWELLING FOR THE KLIPAH OF IDOL WORSHIPPING. It has been said that 'Whoever is angry acts as if he worships idols,' and IT IS WRITTEN: "And...command" TO TEACH US ABOUT THE TRANSGRESSION OF IDOL WORSHIPPING, WHICH IS INCLUDED WITHIN THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL.
267. Those who commit incest hide in the dark, AS IT IS WRITTEN: "THE EYE ALSO OF THE ADULTERER WAITS FOR THE TWILIGHT, SAYING, NO EYE SHALL SEE ME..." (IYOV 24:15). THIS IS AN ALLUSION TO the black blood of the spleen, WHERE THE KLIPAH OF INCEST RESIDES, AS BLACK BLOOD IS SIMILAR TO DARKNESS. The soul of whoever commits bloodshed, idolatry or incest shall be reincarnated inside THE THREE FORMS OF KLIPAH: the liver, the gall and the spleen. And it is sentenced in Gehenom by three evil rulers CALLED the destroyer, anger and wrath.
441. "And he said to the woman, 'Is it true" (Beresheet 3:1). Rabbi Yosi said, THE SERPENT started with wrath (Heb. af) WHEN IT SAID, "'IS IT TRUE (HEB. AF), HAS ELOHIM SAID...?" Thus, it brought wrath and anger upon the world. He said to the woman, 'By this tree, the Holy One, blessed be He, created the world,' BECAUSE THE WORLD WAS CREATED BY THE FEMALE. Therefore, eat of it "and you shall be as Elohim, knowing good and evil" (Ibid. 5), WHICH MEANS THAT YOU SHALL ALSO BE ABLE TO CREATE WORLDS WITH THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE, because he - NAMELY ZEIR ANPIN - is indeed Elohim. his name, 'THE FEMININE PRINCIPLE,' is the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Therefore, IF YOU EAT FROM THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL, WHICH IS HIS NAME, IF YOU CLEAVE TO THE FEMALE AND DRAW UPON HER ABUNDANCE, "you shall be as Elohim, knowing..." - YOU SHALL BE AS ZEIR ANPIN, AND WILL BE ABLE TO CREATE WORLDS AS HE DOES.
458. "And Hashem set a mark upon Cain lest anyone finding him should smite him" (Beresheet 4:15). This is one of the twenty-two letters of the Torah, WHICH IS THE LETTER VAV that he placed upon him for his protection. THE LETTER VAV IS RELATED TO YESOD, WHICH IS RELATED TO THE SIGN OF THE COVENANT. THIS HE MERITED WHEN HE REPENTED AND AGREED TO KEEP THE COVENANT. Rabbi Yehuda said: Why is it written, "And it came to pass, when they were in the field"? HE ANSWERS: A field signifies a woman. Thus, BECAUSE OF A WOMAN, he rose and killed ABEL. For it is from the side of woman, WHO IS THE LEFT SIDE, that he inherited his murderous tendency, which is the aspect of Samael that brought death to the whole world WHEN HE SEDUCED ADAM AND EVE WITH THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL. Similarly, Cain was jealous of Abel because of his wife, AS ABEL HAD A SECOND WIFE. Rabbi Chiya RAISED AN OBJECTION BEFORE RABBI YEHUDA. HE said: The reason CAIN KILLED ABEL was as it is written that "Cain was very angry, and his face fell" (Ibid. 5). It was because his offering was not accepted AND NOT BECAUSE OF A WOMAN. RABBI YEHUDA said THAT CAIN WAS ANGRY THAT HIS OFFERING WAS NOT ACCEPTED, and all the reasons were before him WHEN HE KILLED ABEL, INCLUDING JEALOUSY BECAUSE OF THE EXTRA WIFE.