549. When sentence is pronounced on his children who committed no crime, NAMELY, small children, a chief under KAF'TZIEL, called 'Iriel', comes out and cries to the left side until a spirit is awakened, a flawed spirit, created when the moon was waning, called 'Askara'. He stands on the fourth grade of the third chamber of the side of defilement, in charge over babies death. He is seen before them in the guise of a woman raising children, but, seizes and kills them.
553. Under thirteen years of age, he is judged for his father's sins, and delivered to the said Askara. Each chamber OF HOLINESS has a parallel chamber ON THE OTHER SIDE. One is opposite to the other, as we said. This is the gate to the north.
596. The four chambers within this chamber, are one inside the other, all included within one another, and are one chamber, merit. All the four chambers have gates. A high chieftain stands outside the first gate of this chamber, Sansaniya by name. By the same name there is another chieftain, on another side of the left, who takes the Judgments FROM SANSANIYA, to his chamber, with which to arouse and execute judgment upon the world. Since he takes from him, he too is named Sansaniya. He is in charge over Askara of the babies.
604. In each of the gates in these chambers, there is one chieftain. At the first gate, there is a chieftain named Gazriel. His duty is to make known the sentences and verdicts of the Judgments to the first chieftain STANDING OUT OF THE DOOR, whose name is Sansaniya, from whom receives another chieftain in charge over the chamber of the Other Side, in charge over the croup (Aramic askara) sickness in babies.
871. In the fourth opening there is a spirit born when the moon was in diminution. He is called 'Askara', in charge over the death of children. He comes before CHILDREN, laughs with them until eventually he kills them. He is seen before them in the guise of a woman, like the child's mother, suckles them, laughs at them, grabs them and kills them.
920. Then, when men are drawn TO LOOK at this vision called 'mirror', they become haughty. The spirit Asirta bestirs another spirit chief under him, who enters the lowest of the holes to raise another spirit from there, who shares his duties with the spirit Askara, whom we spoken of, who is Lilit, the mother of demons. When man arouses the other spirit, Asirta, BY LOOKING AT THE MIRROR, man is united with him and connected with him always. Then, on each new moon, this evil spirit of the mirror is awakened together with Lilit, WHO IS ASKARA. Sometimes the man is hurt by them and falls to the ground, not able to rise, or he dies. This is caused by looking at the mirror he looked at, for as the haughtiness in his heart is seen, when he looks at the mirror, so he draws more the evil spirit to him. For that reason everything depends on the awakening down below.