33. Even though the fathers instituted prayers in place of sacrifices, this was to bring Nefeshot, Ruchot, and Neshamot, which are mental, near to the Holy One, blessed be He, and His Shechinah, like limbs to a body, AS MENTIONED ABOVE. But from the standpoint of the Throne, DEPICTING BRIYAH, and the angels, BEING YETZIRAH, that are bodies and limbs outside of the King and Queen, there is no sacrifice. For this reason, it is said regarding the Throne, "Because Yah has sworn by His Throne (Heb. kes)" (Shemot 17:16), MEANING 'KES' SPELLED WITHOUT THE ALEPH. BUT IN REGARDS TO THE TEMPLE, "THRONE" IS SPELLED WITH THE ALEPH, AS IT SAYS: "A glorious Throne (Heb. kise) exalted from the beginning is the place of our Sanctuary" (Yirmeyah 17:12). THE ALEPH WAS MISSING FROM THE THRONE BECAUSE the limbs, WHICH ARE THE ANGELS AND THE THRONE IN BRIYAH, ARE apart from the body, since He, THE HOLY ONE, BLESSED BE HE, is inside, IN ATZILUT, and they are outside, as the verse says, "Behold, the mighty ones shall cry outside" (Yeshayah 33:7); literally outside, MEANING OUTSIDE OF THE HOLY ONE, BLESSED BE HE.
34. 'May it please You to return us to the Temple to fulfill the prayer composed by the ancient ones. May it please You, Hashem our Elohim, and the Elohim of our fathers, to bring us up in joy to our land, and to plant us within its borders. There we offer to You our obligatory sacrifices, the daily burnt offerings according to their order,' each one to its order, THE ONE IN THE MORNING AND THE OTHER IN THE AFTERNOON, '...and the Musaf offerings according to their rule...' Now in the exile there are no sacrifices such as bodies of Briyah, WHICH ARE THE THRONE, AND YETZIRAH, WHICH ARE THE ANGELS, AS MENTIONED - TO WHICH SACRIFICES AND UNION DO NOT PERTAIN. As for the Holy One, blessed be He, and His Shechinah, from His aspect of Atzilut, there is no separation or division, as the Shechinah is His unity, His blessing, and His Holiness. She is called 'body,' only when THE SHECHINAH CLOTHES HERSELF AND manifests Herself in a throne and in the angels of Briyah, she is to them like a soul clothed in a LOWLY humble body. And therefore, when the Shechinah is outside of the chamber of the Temple and outside of Her Thrones, MEANING OUTSIDE OF ATZILUT, MEANING WHEN SHE IS CLOTHED IN A THRONE, AND IN THE ANGELS OF BRIYAH AND YETZIRAH, She is, so to speak, as if She is not One with Him.
35. From the aspect of the supernal Throne OF BRIYAH - THE SECRET OF TIFERET OF BRIYAH, which is a body AND RAIMENT to the Holy One blessed be He, TIFERET OF ATZILUT - the angels OF YETZIRAH that come down from it are the limbs that protrude from the body, TIFERET OF BRIYAH, which are masculine, and the souls that are formed from it, TIFERET OF BRIYAH, are masculine. The other Throne, MALCHUT OF BRIYAH, is the body of the Shechinah, MALCHUT OF ATZILUT. All the souls that come from Her are females, and the angels OF YETZIRAH that come from the SECOND Throne are females. Their union, THAT IS, THE JOINING OF THESE MALES AND FEMALES, depends upon the Holy One, blessed be He, and His Shechinah; THAT IS, WHEN THE HOLY ONE, BLESSED BE HE, IS UNITED WITH HIS SHECHINAH, THEY ARE UNITED AS WELL.
37. It is You who joins AND UNITES the Holy One, blessed be He, and His Shechinah, TIFERET AND MALCHUT, in each and every Sfirah WITHIN THEM, in all the branches of lights that hang from them like bones and sinews, skin and flesh, THE SECRET OF CHOCHMAH AND BINAH, TIFERET AND MALCHUT that come from the body, TIFERET. But You have no body, no limbs, WHICH ARE SFIROT; You have no female, but are one without a second. May it please You to draw the Shechinah near the Holy One, blessed be He, in all the grades that are Her Atzilut, the souls of the virtuous, NAMELY MEN WHO CONCEIVED THE GRADES OF THE TEN SFIROT: the rulers of Yisrael, KETER; the sages, CHOCHMAH; the intelligent, BINAH; the pious, CHESED; the mighty, GVURAH; men of truth, TIFERET; prophets, NETZACH AND HOD; righteous, YESOD; kings, MALCHUT. They all pertain to THE TEN SFIROT OF Atzilut, and there are others OF THE TEN SFIROT of Briyah.
42. Some PROPHETS are superior IN THEIR PROPHECIES, which are from the limbs of the King's body, NAMELY OF THE GRADES OF THE WORLD OF BRIYAH CALLED 'BODY.' Of them it says, "and I saw," SINCE THEY PROPHECY through eye sight, WHICH IS CHOCHMAH. ALSO, "Hashem, I have heard the report of You, and I was afraid" (Chavakuk 3:2) pertains to hearing, NAMELY BINAH. Ezekiel saw and prophesied from the eyes, and Habakkuk from ears by hearing. Ezekiel therefore saw all the sights of the Divine Chariot in the vision of his mind's eye; Habakkuk by hearing, AS HE SAID, "HASHEM, I HAVE HEARD THE REPORT OF YOU, AND I WAS AFRAID." There is a prophecy coming from the mouth, WHICH IS IN MALCHUT, as it is written: "and he laid it upon my mouth" (Yeshayah 6:7). Another prophecy comes from the breath of the nose, TIFERET, as it says, "And a spirit (also: 'breath') entered into me" (Yechezkel 2:2). There is he who prophecies from the hand, GVURAH, as it is written: "and used similes by the hands of the prophets" (Hoshea 12:11). ALL THESE GRADES PERTAIN TO THE WORLD OF BRIYAH. There are some inside the King's life, NAMELY IN THE WORLD OF ATZILUT, and others in the innermost, NAMELY BINAH OF ATZILUT.
43. It is so with the Torah THAT THERE ARE SEVERAL GRADES, plain meanings; THE SECRET OF ASIYAH, evidences; THE SECRET OF YETZIRAH, homiletics; THE SECRET OF BRIYAH, secrets of the mysteries of the Torah; THE SECRET OF ATZILUT, and above ATZILUT are the mysteries of mysteries of Hashem. It is the same with sacrifices. Though all the sacrifices are to Hashem, He receives them and distributes the sacrifices among His legions. Some He gives to the dogs - the unfit offerings which He gives to Samael CALLED 'a dog' - and to his legions. A FIRE then descended UPON THE ALTAR in the shape of a dog. Some He gives to the demons, some of which are like beasts, while others are like the ministering angels, and some yet are like men. For those who act like demons, He deals their offerings to the demons.