265. "And Hashem Elohim commanded..." (Beresheet 2:16). THIS VERSE ALLUDES TO THE PROHIBITION OF IDOL WORSHIPPING, WHICH IS INCLUDED WITHIN THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL, as it has been said that the word "To command (Heb. tzav)" is but idolatry, from where, REFERRING TO THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL, other Elohim originate. THERE ARE THREE TRANSGRESSIONS PERTAINING TO THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE, WHICH ARE IDOL WORSHIPPING, INCEST AND BLOODSHED. And this, NAMELY THE KLIPAH OF IDOLATRY, DWELLS in the liver (Heb. kaved; lit. 'heavy'). Hence, "Let more work be laid (lit. 'heavy')" (Shemot 5:9) of idol worship. Because OF IDOLATRY, the liver becomes angry. BY BECOMING ANGRY, THE LIVER IS PASSED ON AS A DWELLING FOR THE KLIPAH OF IDOL WORSHIPPING. It has been said that 'Whoever is angry acts as if he worships idols,' and IT IS WRITTEN: "And...command" TO TEACH US ABOUT THE TRANSGRESSION OF IDOL WORSHIPPING, WHICH IS INCLUDED WITHIN THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL.
266. "The man" (Beresheet 2:16) mentioned in this phrase alludes to the prohibition of bloodshed, WHICH IS INCLUDED IN THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL, as it is written: "Who so sheds man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed" (Beresheet 9:6). FROM HERE, WE NEED TO DRAW AN ANALOGY. HERE IT IS SAID, "THE MAN" IN CONNECTION WITH BLOODSHED, JUST AS THERE THE WORD "MAN" IS CONNECTED WITH BLOODSHED (BERESHEET 2:16THEREFORE, BOTH ISSUES DEAL WITH BLOODSHED. THE KLIPAH OF BLOODSHED RESIDES WITHIN the gall (Heb. marah); it is the sword of the Angel of Death BY WHICH HE KILLS HUMAN BEINGS, AS IT SAYS THAT A DROP OF BITTERNESS (HEB. MARAH) HANGS FROM THE SWORD OF THE ANGEL OF DEATH, BY WHICH ONE DIES. The verse also says, "But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a two-edged sword" (Mishlei 5:4). THE WORD "saying" (Beresheet 2:16) IN THIS VERSE alludes to THE PROHIBITION OF incest (SEXUAL IMMORALITY), WHICH IS PART OF "THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL." THE KLIPAH OF INCEST RESIDES IN the spleen, about which it is written: "She eats, and wipes her mouth..." (Mishlei 30:20), because the spleen has neither mouth nor arteries THROUGH WHICH IT CAN SUCK BLOOD. Therefore, it sucks black blood from the liver, even though it has no mouth. This IS WHY IT IS WRITTEN: "She eats, and wipes her mouth." All those who shed blood come from THE KLIPAH THAT RESIDES IN the gall, and so the arteries in the heart avoid the bile and IMMEDIATELY flee from it.
267. Those who commit incest hide in the dark, AS IT IS WRITTEN: "THE EYE ALSO OF THE ADULTERER WAITS FOR THE TWILIGHT, SAYING, NO EYE SHALL SEE ME..." (IYOV 24:15). THIS IS AN ALLUSION TO the black blood of the spleen, WHERE THE KLIPAH OF INCEST RESIDES, AS BLACK BLOOD IS SIMILAR TO DARKNESS. The soul of whoever commits bloodshed, idolatry or incest shall be reincarnated inside THE THREE FORMS OF KLIPAH: the liver, the gall and the spleen. And it is sentenced in Gehenom by three evil rulers CALLED the destroyer, anger and wrath.
291. There are many evil kinds AMONG THE CHILDREN OF YISRAEL THAT ARE CALLED cattle and beasts. One is a mixture from the side of the Serpent and another from the side of the idolatrous nations, who are like animals and wild beasts. There is also a mixed multitude from the side of the evil spirits, which are the souls of the wicked. These are the actual evildoers in the world and there is a mixture of demons, spirits and nightspirits as well. These are all mixed among Yisrael, but none of them is as cursed as Amalek, who is the evil Serpent, a Strange El: The one who uncovers all nakedness in the world. THIS MEANS THAT IT IS THE ROOT OF THE KLIPAH, WHICH CAUSES INCEST (SEXUAL MISCONDUCT) IN THE WORLD. It is the murderer. FROM IT, ALL MURDERS IN THE WORLD ORIGINATE, and its spouse is the potion of death of idol-worship. SO THE THREE TRANSGRESSIONS OF IDOL WORSHIP, INCEST AND BLOODSHED DERIVE FROM THE KLIPAH OF AMALEK, WHO IS THE SERPENT AND ANOTHER EL. They are all RELATED TO THE ASPECT OF Samael, who has many different aspects, but they are not the same. SAMAEL, who is from the side of the Serpent, is the most cursed of them all.
445. Because all these precepts are connected to it, whoever takes THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL - NAMELY THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE - on its own WITHOUT HER HUSBAND ZEIR ANPIN, causes a separation BETWEEN ZEIR ANPIN AND THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE. Thus, he takes her down TO BESTOW PLENTY to the masses below IN THE WORLDS OF BRIYAH, YETZIRAH AND ASIYAH OF SEPARATION, WHERE THE KLIPOT ARE. AND THEY CLEAVE TO THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL. SO HE TAKES UPON HIMSELF THE SINS OF IDOLATRY, BLOODSHED AND INCEST. HE IS GUILTY OF idolatry, BECAUSE HE DREW THE ABUNDANCE OF THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL DOWN to those ministers. IN DOING SO, HE WORSHIPPED THEM, WHICH IS IDOLATRY. HE COMMITTED bloodshed BECAUSE THE POWERS OF SHEDDING BLOOD ARE related to this tree, as it is the side of Gvurah, WHICH IS THE LEFT SIDE. Samael, WHO IS THE MINISTER OF ESAU, is appointed over this. HE IS GUILTY OF incest, because THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL is a woman and she is called the wife, NAMELY THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE OF ZEIR ANPIN. A man is not permitted to invite a wife on her own. She must be accompanied by her husband so there can be no suspicion of incest. AND THE SIN OF THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL IS THAT HE INVITED THE FEMALE ALONE, WITHOUT HER HUSBAND. Because of this, all SEVEN PRECEPTS relate to this tree and, because Adam ate from it, he transgressed them all and they all cleave to him.