5. In the variety of witchcraft of ancient Kasdiel, we first found that this bird was produced at specific times from silver mixed with gold. SILVER IS THE SECRET OF THE RIGHT COLUMN, CHASSADIM, AND GOLD IS THE LEFT COLUMN, CHOCHMAH, AND THEY USED IT TO PRODUCE AND PUT TOGETHER THAT BIRD TO BE LIKENED TO HOLINESS, AS A MONKEY TO PEOPLE. JUST LIKE IN HOLINESS CHOCHMAH OF THE LEFT IS BLENDED WITH CHASSADIM OF THE RIGHT, THEY WANTED TO DRAW IT THAT WAY. HOWEVER, SINCE THEY DID NOT HAVE THE POWER OF UNIFICATION OF THE CENTRAL COLUMN, EVERYTHING RESULTS IN THE ASPECT OF REFUSE. The head, THE FIRST THREE SFIROT OF THE BIRD, is made of gold, MEANING THE REFUSE OF GOLD. Her mouth is made of silver, MEANING FROM SILVER REFUSE, and her wings, CHESED AND GVURAH, from light copper, THAT IS LEFT, blended with silver, THAT IS RIGHT, SINCE EACH ONE IS COMPRISED OF RIGHT AND LEFT. The body is of gold with round points of silver in her feathers. Her legs, NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD, are from gold and they place in her mouth the tongue of that bird Yadua, SINCE THE TONGUE IS DA'AT. AND SINCE THE KLIPOT HAVE NO DA'AT, THEY HAVE INSTEAD KNOWN (HEB. YADUA).
43. He opened the discussion with the verse: "The wise man's eyes are in his head" (Kohelet 2:14). HE INQUIRES: IT SAYS, "in his head:" are the eyes of a man in any other place, are they in his body, or in his arm, that the wisest of men is letting us know!? But the meaning in the scripture is surely this, that we were taught a person should not walk more than four cubits with an uncovered head. Why is this? It is because the Shechinah dwells upon his head, and any wise man's eyes and thoughts are in his head, that is, upon that which dwells and remains over his head, WHICH IS THE SHECHINAH.
44. When his eyes are there on the head, WHICH IS THE SHECHINAH, he should be aware that the light that is lit over his head needs oil, since the person's body is the wick and the light is lit on the top, IN THE WICK. King Solomon cried out and said, "Let your head lack no oil" (Kohelet 9:8), since the light in his head requires oil, and that is good deeds. About this, HE SAYS, "The wise man's eyes are in the head" and in no other place.
53. Therefore, MALCHUT reduced herself towards Moses, WHO WAS ALWAYS ON THE LEVEL OF ZEIR ANPIN, as it is written: "The angel of Hashem" AND NOT HER OWN NAME, SINCE MALCHUT RECEIVES FROM ZEIR ANPIN. Jacob called MALCHUT at the time he departed from the world, by the name of angel, LIKE MOSES. What is the reason? At that time, he was inheriting her to rule, AS MOSES DID, SINCE Moses JOINED WITH MALCHUT during his lifetime, but Jacob WAS JOINED WITH HER ONLY after departing from the world. Moses WAS WITH MALCHUT WHILE STILL in his body, Jacob ONLY in spirit AFTER IT LEFT THE BODY. Praised is the lot of Moses.
54. "Who redeemed me from all evil" (Beresheet 48:16), MEANING that he never came close to the side of evil and evil had no domination over him. "Bless the lads" (Ibid.): PRIOR TO HIS DEPARTURE, Jacob established his household, MEANING MALCHUT, like a person who moves to a new house, who makes his own arrangements and decorates it. "Bless the lads:" That means the known LADS, who were appointed over the world so as to draw blessings from them. These are the two Cherubs, METATRON AND SANDALPHON. "And let my name be named on them" (Ibid.), MEANING TIFERET, THE QUALITY OF JACOB. Now that he constructed his abode, WHICH IS MALCHUT, and he rose to his own level, WHICH IS TIFERET, since MALCHUT is connected with Jacob, WHO IS TIFERET. The body, WHICH IS TIFERET, is joined where it should, MEANING IN MALCHUT, with the two arms with it. THAT IS "THE NAMES OF MY FATHERS" (IBID.) WHICH ARE CHESED AND GVURAH.
159. Another explanation of: "For You have done wonderful things (Heb. pele):" NAMELY, You have made Aleph, SINCE PELE IS SPELLED WITH THE SAME LETTERS OF ALEPH. What is the meaning of Aleph? We learned that Aleph Bet MEANS Aleph Binah, (lit. 'teach to understand'). Yet the form of the Aleph is three side, RIGHT, LEFT AND CENTER, that is the start of the higher secret of the primordial man. THAT IS THE THREE COLUMNS IN BINAH, THE SOURCE OF THE IMAGE OF MAN, WHO IS MOCHIN OF ZEIR ANPIN. For in the form of the Aleph there are two arms, one from each side, THAT ARE THE TWO COLUMNS OF CHESED AND GVURAH THAT ARE THE UPPER YUD AND HER LOWER YUD, and the body in the centre; THAT IS THE VAV BETWEEN THE TWO YUD'S. All has one secret meaning, THAT IT IS IN ONE MEANING WITH THE EXPLANATION THAT PELE IS CHOCHMAH BEING CLOTHED IN CHASSADIM, SINCE THIS CLOTHING DOES NOT HAPPEN EXCEPT THROUGH THE THREE COLUMNS. That is the secret of unification of this Aleph and that is also why Aleph HAS A NUMERICAL VALUE OF one. That is the meaning of: "For You have done wonderful things (Heb. pele)," WHICH IS THE SECRET OF ALEPH. And Rav Hamnuna Saba (the elder) said this, "For You have done wonderful things." This wonder is one level from these hidden wonders of Chochmah. Which one is it? "There is a path which no bird of prey knows" (Iyov 28:7), WHICH IS THE FIFTIETH GATE. And that is a wonderful thing.
182. I found in the book of Asmodeus, which he gave to King Solomon, that whoever wants to perform powerful magic that is unobservable by the eye, if he knows the rock where Bilaam had his downfall, he will locate there some of these snakes that were made from the bones of that evil one. If he kills one of those SNAKES, he could perform high-level sorcery with its head, other magic with its body and different witchcraft with its tail. Each one contains three types of witchcraft.
322. (THIS IS ANOTHER VERSION, EXPLAINING DIFFERENTLY). After they all bowed down, it is written: "Then the handmaidens came near, they and their children, and they bowed themselves" (Ibid. 6). Afterward, it says, "And Leah also with her children came near, and bowed themselves: and after came Joseph near and Rachel, and they bowed themselves" (Ibid. 7). HE ASKS: But Joseph was last behind Rachel and Rachel was in front of him, AND NOT JOSEPH IN FRONT OF RACHEL. HE REPLIES: It is just that when this good son, beloved son, the righteous in the world, Joseph, noticed that the eyes of the wicked were staring at the women, he was fearful for his mother. THEN he came out from behind her and spread his arms and his body and covered her, so that wicked one would not place his eyes on his mother. How much did he inflate his size? Six cubits to each direction, so he covered her up so that the eyes of the wicked one shall have no effect over her. CONSEQUENTLY, AT THE START, JOSEPH WAS INDEED BEHIND HER, AS IT IS WRITTEN EARLIER. HOWEVER, HE LATER CAME OUT FROM BEHIND HER AND WENT IN FRONT OF HER.
349. The secret meaning of, "And the number of the fourth part of Yisrael" is passed on for your sake, Rabbi. Praised is your lot. "The fourth part of Yisrael" MEANS one quarter of the measure of Yisrael, WHICH IS ZEIR ANPIN CALLED 'YISRAEL' that is the covenant, MEANING YESOD OF ZEIR ANPIN. Why is it referred to by "fourth part?" Because in the measure of the body is four covenants. The member of the covenant is a quarter in measuring the body and all of it is produced by "who" THAT IS BINAH. THEREFORE, IT SAYS, "WHO CAN COUNT THE DUST OF JACOB, AND THE NUMBER OF THE FOURTH PART OF YISRAEL," BECAUSE "WHO" HAS BROUGHT FORTH EVERYTHING.
370. HE REPLIES: Yet "Hashem kills." Whom does He kill? The extension of that Other Side, MEANING THE BODY, because, when that extension of the Other Side sees the glorious glow of the Holy One, blessed be He, it instantly dies, and cannot exist even an instant. As soon as the extension of the Other Side is dead and removed from the world, He immediately "gives life." To whom does He give life? To that extension of the Holy Spirit that is derived from the side of holiness, MEANING THE SOUL. He revives it and sustains it in a perfect existence and all is accomplished by the Holy One, blessed be He, at the same time. THAT IS, HE KILLS THE BODY AND REVIVES THE SOUL AND THAT IS WHY IT IS WRITTEN: "HASHEM KILLS, AND GIVES LIFE." And it is written: "He brings down to the grave (Heb. Sheol) and brings up," which means that He lowers that Holy Spirit, MEANING THE SOUL, to Sheol and bathes it there IN THE FIRE THAT IS IN SHEOL to purify it. He instantly raises it and brings it to its appropriate place in the Garden of Eden.
371. And myself, my friends, during that period when I left the world my spirit was gone and departed immediately until a little later when the Holy One, blessed be He, brought me back to life. During that time, my body was dead. When my son began with these utterances, his soul escaped and flew to meet my soul that was rising from its immersion, AS MENTIONED ABOVE, and re-entered wherever it did. There, they sentenced and judged it and I was given 22 years of life for the sake of my son's words and tears. From here on, I need to strive in what I observed there, because I am no longer allowed to strive after worldly matters. After seeing what I saw, the Holy One, blessed be He, wishes me not to forget anything.
382. Rabbi Elazar said, Heaven forbid, I am considering it only with a benevolent eye. And you mentioned five years: these are "five more years, in which there shall neither be ploughing nor harvest" (Beresheet 45:6), AND YOU TOO will never reap him. Rabbi Elazar said to Rabbi Aba, Let us stay here up to seven days, in order that THE SOUL should settle down in the house, because during the seven days after the soul left the body, it walks about naked. Now THAT THE SOUL OF RABBI YOSI LEFT AND returned it may not get settled back into its place until seven days have passed .