14. "And they who are wise shall shine" (Daniel 12:3), like the cantillation marks that the letters and the vowels follow. They move along like soldiers following their king. The letters are the body and the vowels are THE ASPECT OF their spirit, and they all follow their intonations and attain their existence. When the tune of the cantillation marks travels along, the letters and vowels march in step with it. When THE TUNE stops, they stop as well.
15. The words "And they who are wise shall shine" ALLUDE TO the letters and the vowels THAT SHINE, and "the brightness" ALLUDES TO the tune of the cantillation marks. "The firmament" ALLUDES TO the expansion of the tune, namely all those INTONATIONS that flow and expand along as the tune flows. "And they who turn many to righteousness" ALLUDES TO the music of the cantillation marks that bring the journeying to a pause and enable the meaning of the words to be heard clearly. The words "shall shine" ALLUDE TO the letters and the vowels that, along the journeys through concealed paths, shine as one. Everything expands from this. "And they who are wise (Heb. maskilim) shall shine like the brightness of the firmament" upon the pillars and sockets of that palanquin. "And they who are wise" are themselves the supernal pillars and sockets, who observe intelligently to bestow on that palanquin and its sockets all that is needed to sustain it. THE PILLARS ARE CHESED, GVURAH AND TIFERET; THE SOCKETS ARE NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD. This secret IS HIDDEN, as you say: "Blessed is he that considers (Heb. maskil) the poor" (Tehilim 41:2); MASKIL IS ZEIR ANPIN AND THE POOR IS HIS FEMALE PRINCIPLE. AND HE RECEIVES THE BRIGHTNESS FOR THE SAKE OF THE POOR WHO NEEDS IT. THE SUPERNAL SIX EXTREMITIES OF ZEIR ANPIN shall shine, for if they do not shine or illuminate, they will not be able to study the palanquin and determine what is necessary FOR ITS RESTORATION. WERE IT NOT FOR THE NEED OF ESTABLISHING THAT PALANQUIN, THEY WOULD NOT HAVE RECEIVED ANY OF THAT LIGHT OF BRIGHTNESS.
199. The Shechinah is an offering for the Holy One, blessed be He, which He receives with both the right and the left arm, and with the body. HIS MATING WITH HER IS ACCOMPLISHED BY THE RIGHTEOUS, WHO IS YESOD THAT IS CALLED THE SIGN. THIS IS THE SIGN OF THE TEFILIN, OF SHABBAT AND OF THE HOLIDAYS. So when PRAYER, WHICH IS THE SHECHINAH, ascends to ZEIR ANPIN, she should be joined with him with all ten Sfirot, because there can be no holiness with fewer than ten people, which is his own holiness - HIS BLESSING AND UNITY. Therefore, when a person wishes his prayer to ascend, he should raise it with all its movement, NAMELY THE MOVEMENT OF THE CANTILLATION MARKS AND THE VOWELS - BECAUSE THE LETTERS ARE THE HORSES, THE VOWELS THE HORSEMEN, AND THE CANTILLATION MARKS THE WEAPONS. If the Serpent plans on disrupting the prayer, one should prepare a slingshot against it, and the secret behind the issue lies in Zarka, Makaf, Shofar Holech, Segolta IN THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE.
201. RABBI SHIMON began again EXPLAINING ZARKA, MAKAF ETC., saying: Assuredly by the cantillation mark, Zarka, the prayer should be elevated to that known place, just as one aims the stone in a slingshot. JUST AS ONE AIMS THE STONE CAREFULLY, SO AS NOT TO MISS THE TARGET, so should thought be elevated with concentration on prayer to that crown, which is the decorated and all-inclusive stone. Of this STONE, THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE, it is said that one should stand upright with the mention of the Name.
213. RABBI SHIMON said: Zarka, Makaf, Shofar Holech, Segolta. The vowel to the right, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF THE VOWEL OF CHOLAM AND CHESED, is 'Hashem reigns'. The vowel to the left, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF THE SHURUK OR SHEVA AND GVURAH, is 'Hashem reigned.' The vowel in the middle, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF THE VOWEL CHIRIK, TIFERET, is 'Hashem shall reign.' Rabbi Acha said: 'Hashem reigns' is the supernal world, 'Hashem reigned' is Tiferet and 'Hashem shall reign' is the Ark of the Covenant.
213. פְּתַח וַאֲמַר זַרְקָא מַקַּף שׁוֹפָר הוֹלֵךְ סְגוֹלְתָּא פַּתָּח נְקוּדַת יָמִין ה' מֶלֶךְ, נְקוּדַת סֶגוֹל שְׂמָאלָא ה' מָלָךְ, בְּאֶמְצָעִיתָא ה' יִמְלוֹךְ לְתַתָּא. ר' אַחָא אֲמַר ה' מֶלֶךְ דָּא עַלְמָא עִלָּאָה, ה' מָלָךְ דָא תִּפְאֶרֶת ה' יִמְלוֹךְ דָּא אֲרוֹן הַבְּרִית.
414. Furthermore, THE VERSE, "Let us make man" CAN BE EXPLAINED AS FOLLOWS. The Holy One, blessed be He, uttered - THAT IS, DREW DOWN to the lower beings that come from the aspect of the upper beings - the secret of the name that is numerically equal to Adam. THIS IS A REFERENCE TO THE NAME THAT ADDS UP TO 45, AS DOES ADAM. Adam comes from the secret of the upper world, COMPRISING THE CELESTIAL RIGHT AND LEFT COLUMNS, WHICH WERE BLOCKED BEFORE THE RECONCILING OF THE THIRD COLUMN, and Adam is the secret of the letters. HE INCLUDES THE CENTRAL COLUMN, WHICH IS THE ASPECT OF THE LOWER BEINGS THAT ARE CALLED LETTERS. THE UPPER ONES ARE THE CANTILLATION MARKS AND VOWELS, AND THE LOWER ONES ARE LETTERS. So Adam accordingly includes within himself all that is above and all that is below. The name Adam CONSISTS OF THREE LETTERS: THE Aleph OF ADAM ALLUDES TO the supernal world WHENCE THE RIGHT COLUMN ORIGINATES. The closed (final) Mem is the letter that appears in the phrase, "Of the increase (Heb. lemarbeh) of his realm" (Yeshayah 9:6). ALTHOUGH IT APPEARS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WORD, IT IS WRITTEN TRADITIONALLY AS FINAL MEM, IN ITS CLOSED FORM. FROM IT, THE LEFT COLUMN IS EXTENDED. The lower Dalet is concealed in the West, and this is the entire MOCHIN of above and below. AFTER this had been established above, IN ZEIR ANPIN AND HIS FEMALE PRINCIPLE, it has been established below AS WELL, IN ADAM HIMSELF.