67. And when one spirit is included in the other - THAT IS THE SPIRIT SAPIR IN THE SPIRIT LEVANAH - the light of one living creatures comes out of them and spreads over four Ofanim. The shape of this living creatures is that of a lion, NAMELY OF CHESED, WHICH IS WHITE. This living creature rules over thirteen million other Ofanim. The wings of this living creatures are those of an eagle. THE NUMBER OF OFANIM IS THIRTEEN MILLION because each of the four OFANIM travels on four wheels, each of which has three supports. In all, there are twelve supports for the four wheels ON WHICH EACH OFAN TRAVELS. The spirit SAPIR controls them all because they originate from it. This spirit sustains them all, NAMELY THOSE WHEELS AND SUPPORTS, and through it they receive nourishment. HENCE IT IS COUNTED WITH THEM AS A THIRTEENTH.
68. Those four Ofanim each have four faces, which are turned toward the four sides of the living creatures set over them. And when the four Ofanim travel under that living creatures, they penetrate and cling to one another, ARE INCLUDED EACH WITHIN THE OTHER, AND RECEIVE SUPPORT FROM EACH OTHER. This is alluded to by: "The loops may correspond one to the other" (Shemot 26:5). Each is within the other and each interpenetrates the other. When the wheels travel, a tender sound is heard among all the lower hosts. THAT IS, THEIR PLEASANT SUSTENANCE REACHES ALL THE LOWER HOSTS.
71. This HIGHER spirit, WHICH NOW INCLUDES THE SECOND SPIRIT THAT WENT UP TO THE SECOND CHAMBER AS IT TRAVELED UPWARD, ALSO includes within it all the living creatures, Ofanim, and wheels. They grasp onto it, as does water to fire and fire to water AND AS THE FOUR WINDS GRASP ONTO EACH OTHER, south onto north, north onto south, east onto west, and west onto east. They all link with each other and hold onto each other - LIVING CREATURES, OFANIM, AND TWO SPIRITS - WITH THE SPIRIT OF THE SECOND CHAMBER. This spirit goes up to connect WITH THE SPIRIT OF THE SECOND CHAMBER, and the living creatures, INCLUDED IN THE SPIRIT also looks up toward the second chamber TO RECEIVE ITS SUSTENANCE. They look toward each other AND THE SECOND CHAMBER, AND ALL THEREIN LOOK TOWARD THOSE OF THE LOWER CHAMBER, THAT HAVE COME UP TO IT, SO IT MAY BE COMPLETED BY THEM.
78. And when those lights rotate, they emit the light of one living creatures WHICH IS BORN AND stands spanning four living creatures. Those latter control the former, NAMELY THE SERAPHIM, because they contain the Seraphim within them. BECAUSE THE LIVING CREATURES ARE EXTRUDED FROM THE REVOLVING LIGHT, THEY ARE VERY WELL-BALANCED AND CAN CONTROL THE SERAPHIM AND MITIEGATE THE JUDGMENT AND FIRE IN THEM. When the living creatures travel, BY FORCE OF THE REVELATION OF THE REVOLVING LIGHT, the lower Seraphim are vanquished AND RENDERED HARMLESS. Those are the serpents that evolve from and are born of the venomous (Heb. saraph) serpent that caused death to all people of the world, THE PRIMORDIAL SERPENT.
79. Those living creatures are FROM the face of an eagle and look upon this higher living creatures above them, which is the supernal eagle, TO RECEIVE THEIR SUSTENANCE. It is written: "the way of an eagle in the air (Heb. shamayim)" (Mishlei 30:19). THIS ALLUDES TO THE LIVING CREATURES, WHICH IS AN EAGLE, WHICH RESIDES IN THE CHAMBER OF ETZEM HASHAMAYIM. This spirit NAMED SHAMAYIM (HEAVENS) controls all, AT THE TIME OF THE ROTATION OF LIGHT. BUT IF THE SPIRIT OF ETZEM WAS IN CONTROL, THEN THE FACE OF THE LIVING CREATURES WOULD BE THAT OF A LION, AS IS THE FACE OF THE LIVING CREATURES IN THE FIRST CHAMBER, WHICH IS WHITE, HAVING THE LIGHT OF CHASSADIM. BUT BECAUSE THE PREDOMINANT SPIRIT IS THAT OF SHAMAYIM, WHO IS WHITE AND BLUE, CHESED AND GVURAH, THE LIVING CREATURES BORN TO THE LIGHT OF THE ROTATION HAVE THE FACE OF AN EAGLE, AN ADMIXTURE OF CHESED AND GVURAH. FOR THE IMAGE OF CHESED IS A LION, AND THE IMAGE OF GVURAH IS AN OX. The living creature that spans over the four living creatures looks upward TOWARDS THE SPIRIT NAMED SHAMAYIM and the living creatures look upon those SUPERNAL LIVING CREATURES FOR THEIR SUSTENANCE. (not clear)
80. When those living creatures travel, AS WHEN THE ROTATING LIGHT SHINES IN THEM, many hosts are shaken. Some shine because of them, and some exist no longer. The radiance OF THE LIVING CREATURES burns them with fire and later they are restored. All THE LOWER HOSTS slide under this supernal living creatures and find refuge under its wings so as to be included in it above.
81. These four living creatures rise when the spirit ETZEM HASHAMAYIM shines within the SUPERNAL living creature. Each and every living creature has four wheels. One wheel points east and three pedestals support it; all face THE LIVING CREATURE THAT IS IN the center OF THE FOUR WHEELS. One faces west and also has three pedestals that face TOWARD THE LIVING CREATURES IN the center, and the same is true for the wheels of the south and north. The movement of all twelve pedestals OF EACH LIVING CREATURES is controlled by THE LIVING CREATURE IN the middle OF THEIR WHEELS AND IS NOT TO ANY OF THE SIDES OF THE WHEELS THEY SUPPORT. The living creature in the middle closes up and opens, MEANING, CONTROLLING ALL BY CLOSING THE EMANATIONS OF THE LIGHT AND OPEN THEM. While traveling, each wheel can be clearly heard throughout the firmaments.
88. The lights that emanate from that spirit join together as one when they glitter. When THE TWO LIGHTS OF THE CHAMBERS OF HOD AND YESOD extend from the one light OF NETZACH, they press, so as to glow, REFLECT THE RETURNING LIGHT, AND ENCASE THE DIRECT LIGHT BEING DRAWN DOWN. From those two lights a holy and great living creatures is born. The figure of this living creatures is similar to that of the rest of the living creatures FROM THE FIRST AND SECOND CHAMBERS, FROM WHICH CAME THE TWO LIGHTS THAT GAVE BIRTH TO THIS LIVING CREATURES. THIS LIVING CREATURES HAS the face of a lion FROM THE FIRST CHAMBER and the face of an eagle FROM THE SECOND. These faces are combined and formed into one shape. THIS MEANS THAT BOTH THE FACE OF THE LION AND THE FACE OF THE EAGLE COMBINE TOGETHER TO FORM THE FACE OF THIS ONE LIVING CREATURES. THERE IS NO DEFINITE FACE EVIDENT IN THE LIVING CREATURES TO REMIND US OF THE CHAMBER OF NETZACH, BECAUSE THERE IS NO DEFINITE COLOR WITHIN THIS SPIRIT. NO SHAPE CAN BE DISTINGUISHED IN IT, BECAUSE THE LIGHT OF NETZACH DOES NOT HAVE TO TRAVEL WITH THE TWO LIGHTS IN ORDER TO SHINE.
89. Beneath this living creatures, there are four supernal Ofanim, having the appearance of chrysolite, embroidered with four colors: RED, WHITE, GREEN, AND BLACK. They include six billion lights. Each of the four Ofanim has eight wings and the aspects of these Ofanim emanate from the light of the living creatures that controls them FROM ABOVE. And when the light OF THE LIVING CREATURES shines, THAT IS, WHEN THE ROTATING LIGHT SHINES IN THEM, all these hosts come out.
90. And these four OFANIM underneath THE LIVING CREATURES face the four winds of the world - EAST, WEST, NORTH AND SOUTH. Each one has four faces. With two faces they look toward the living creatures ABOVE THEM. They conceal the other two faces with their wings to protect them from the brightness of the lights shining upon them which they cannot withstand.
107. Zechut elevates and, containing all the lower LIGHTS AND THE OTHER THREE LIGHTS, produces one fiery holy living creatures. It has eyes, similar to those of humans, to supervise the thousands upon thousands and tens of thousands armies of administrators of justice. The latter take the verdicts FROM THE COURT and by opening or closing CHANNELS OF SUSTENANCE carry out sentences to the world.
109. The ministers who are charged with managing the world receive their appointment from here. THE APPOINTMENT COMES from the spirit ZECHUT, who has been branded with the three letters YUD-HEI-VAV. From here they are removed from the world and sentenced by this fire that extends FROM THE DINUR RIVER. Sentencing is delivered from this chamber because it has been branded with the three letters YUD-HEI-VAV, within which the spirit is enclosed. This living creatures brings forth innumerable armies and hosts.
115. The fifth chamber is the chamber illuminated by lightning. A spirit NAMED BARAK (LIGHTNING) dwells here, shining and illuminating the lower beings. Barak comprehends, opens and closes, and shines in every direction. From this shining extends a ray of light with a purple appearance, but it actually contains the colors, white, black, red and green. The colors mix with each other - the white is embroidered with the red, the black with the green, and the white with the black. From them a living creatures is embroidered containing ALL THE COLORS, BUT MAINLY green and red. It has the face of a man and includes all shapes.
116. From this living creatures, four pedestals are produced which are larger living creatures than those below. One is called Ofan, WHICH IS MALCHUT ALONE, and is two. THEY CLING TO EACH OTHER, because when one is observed, the other shines within it. They adhere to and penetrate one another. ONE GOES INSIDE THE FIRST, and they are perceived as the four heads of the four winds of the world. Yet all four are one body as is written: "Ofan (a wheel) in the middle of a wheel" (Yechezkel 1:16). All FOUR DIRECTIONS are connected with each other, as is the case with the upper living creatures OF THIS LIVING CREATURES; they never separate. The four colors embroidered IN THE LIVING CREATURES embrace each other and are drawn toward the four directions. Because of this, it appears that when the living creatures travels, it travels to two directions, BINAH AND MALCHUT, THE EMBODIMENTS OF THE FOUR DIRECTIONS.
117. The spirit of Barak is composed of two spirits. First, the spirit of lightning, which produces the living creatures DESCRIBED ABOVE, WHICH CONTAINS all those mentioned lights. A second spirit, called the blazing spirit, extends from Barak and shines.
119. The bright blade of the sword, which is the lights of the left side, produces another living creatures that stands above four OFANIM that are unstable. THEY CANNOT RADIATE OUTWARD, BUT JUST TWINKLE, BECAUSE they are two to the right and two to the left. And when the spirit of this living creatures enters the FOUR UNSTABLE ONES, WHEN IT TRAVELS ON ITS FOUR OFANIM, two blazing sparks come out of them. The sparks leave this chamber and constantly change. They are sometimes female and sometimes male. Sometimes they are spirits and sometimes they are holy angels.
120. Why? Because when this living creatures was embraced by the first living creatures, WHICH CAME OUT OF BARAK, the strength of the entwinement created an eternal spark that never extinguishes. This SPARK roams after the two sparks described above.
145. Come and behold: Because they have been completed by each other and bind each other in oneness, and because the supernal soul, NAMELY BINAH, shines on them from above, all the lights become one perfect candle. Then, this light that cannot be grasped or observed, is grasped by a desire of the mind. Yet, this will of the mind, CALLED THE LIGHT OF CHAYAH, THAT ENCASES THE LIGHT OF YECHIDAH, still does not know what it has grasped. THIS IS BECAUSE THE LIGHT RADIATES WITHIN IT IN A CONCEALED MANNER. Still, THE WILL OF THE MIND, WHICH CONTAINS IT, shines because of it and is soothed by it. All THE LEVELS are filled WITH ITS LIGHT. All reach completion and all shine because of it and are suitably appeased. Hence, it is written "Happy are the people that this is their lot" (Tehilim 144:15).
169. The words: "And every living creature (Heb. Nefesh living chayah) that moves" (Beresheet 1:21) refer to THE CREATION OF THE NEFESH OF Yisrael, who are surely the Nefesh of Chayah, WHICH IS THE NUKVA OF ZEIR ANPIN. THIS IS CERTAIN, BECAUSE THE ENTIRETY OF THE WORLD OF ATZILUT IS CONSIDERED THE LIGHT OF CHAYAH. They are therefore called "one nation on the earth" (II Shmuel 7:23). THE WORDS: "which the waters brought forth abundantly after their kind" (Beresheet 1:21) REFER TO those who occupy themselves with Torah. 'WATER' ALWAYS ALLUDES TO TORAH, AND WHOEVER OCCUPIES HIMSELF WITH HER, MERITS THE NEFESH OF CHAYAH. AND HE WHO DOES NOT ALWAYS OCCUPY HIMSELF WITH TORAH DOES NOT HAVE A HOLY NEFESH. THE WORDS "And every winged bird after its kind" (Beresheet 1:21) ALLUDE TO the righteous among them, AMONG THOSE WHO OCCUPY THEMSELVES WITH TORAH, and for this reason, FOR BEING RIGHTEOUS, they merit the Nefesh of Chayah. According to another interpretation, the words, "every winged bird," refer to the angels, worldly messengers, of whom we have already spoken.
285. This explains the hidden meaning of "now the serpent was craftier than all the beasts" (Beresheet 3:1). The secret is that the wicked serpent descends from the upper to the lower. IT DRAWS THE LIGHTS OF THE LEFT DOWNWARD, and it swims upon the bitter water. Thus, it went down to ensnare EVE INTO EATING FRUIT FROM THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE. IT DRAWS THE LIGHTS OF THE LEFT DOWN and ensnares them in its net.
324. "And the man knew Eve his wife" (Beresheet 4:1). Rabbi Aba opened his discourse with, "Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upwards and the spirit of the beast goes downwards to the earth?" (Kohelet 3:21). This verse has many interpretations, and so it is with the words of Torah. Each and every word has many interpretations, and all are true.