133. We have learned that numerous doors opened before Yisrael on this day to receive their prayers. How fortunate is the lot of Yisrael that the Holy One, blessed be He, wishes to give them merit and to purify them. This is what the verse says, "For on that day will He forgive you..." On this day, the priest is bedecked with numerous crowns. On this day, the service of the priest is full of glory and far greater than on any other service. Everyone was given a share of these sacrifices to the Holy One, blessed be He. On this day Chesed is crowned in the world by the priest, who offers sacrifices for the sins of the people. First, HE OFFERED for his own sins and afterward for the sins of the people. He offered burnt offerings for himself and the nation. We have already established these matters.
152. With the arrival of night, all these ANGELS who are outside of the veil stir MEANING THOSE THAT ARE DRAWN FROM THE BACK OF MALCHUT AND FROM HER EXTERNAL PART. Then, everything is stilled and there is no opening IN THE DOOR. The Judgments from below, THOSE OF MALCHUT - THE LOWEST OF ALL SFIROT - are all aroused, MEANING ALL THE JUDGMENTS are assigned together, these over those until midnight. After the assembly of all THE ANGELS THAT ARE DRAWN FROM THE CENTRAL COLUMN after midnight, one minister is appointed over them; he gathers all the camps, as the verse says, "The rearward (Heb. me'asef) of all camps" (Bemidbar 10:25). His name is Asaf (Eng. 'he gathered'), and he corresponds to ASAF down below, WHO IS MENTIONED IN TEHILIM. All appointed ministers and heralds of praise are under his tutelage.
160. This river is called the mother of the Garden of Eden, DENOTING MALCHUT, AS BINAH IS REFERRED TO AS MOTHER (HEB. EM, ALEPH MEM), AS IT IS WRITTEN, "IF (HEB. IM, ALEPH MEM) YOU CRY AFTER BINAH" (MISHLEI 2:3), being higher than the Garden. IT IS CALLED MOTHER, because Eden, DENOTING CHOCHMAH, joins with it and does not leave it. For this reason, all the springs OF MOCHIN come out, draw FROM IT and water all sides, BOTH TO THE RIGHT OR TO THE LEFT, and open doors within it. Hence, there is Mercy coming from it, DENOTING THE CENTRAL COLUMN and Mercy opened in it AS THE BEGINNING OF THE OPENING OF THE CENTRAL COLUMN, WHICH RECONCILES AND JOINS RIGHT WITH LEFT BEING THE PERFECTION OF EVERYTHING, STARTS AT BINAH.
264. When the world needs mercy, the living go and inform the Nefashot (Heb. plural) of the righteous, and weep on their graves. Those who are worthy to inform the righteous men: what is the reason THEY ARE WORTHY? BECAUSE they concentrate on clinging to Nefesh with Nefesh; then the Nefashot of the righteous awaken, assemble, fly to the slumberers of Hebron, inform them of the distress of the world, and they all ascend to the door of the Garden of Eden to inform the Ruach. These Ruchot (Heb. plural) that are adorned in the Garden of Eden, with celestial angels going among them, all inform the Neshamah, the Neshamah informs the Holy One, blessed be He, and all beg for mercy for the living. And the Holy One, blessed be He, shows Mercy to the world on their behalf. This is what Solomon meant in, "So I praised the dead that are already dead."
280. "And sat by the entrance of Enayim:" HE QUESTIONS: What is "the entrance of Enayim?" HE ANSWERS: It is as it says, "As he sat by the tent door" (Beresheet 18:1), "Hashem will pass over the door" (Shemot 12:23) and, "Open to me the gates of righteousness" (Tehilim 118:19). "Enayim (lit. 'eyes'):" The eyes of the whole world look to this door "which is by the way to Timna" (Beresheet 38:14). What is Timna? The verse reads, "And the similitude (heb. tmunah) of Hashem does he behold" (Bemidbar 12:8). So we explained that Tamar carried this out below, flowers appeared and branches sprouted in the secret of the Faith.
297. Rabbi Shimon opened the discussion saying, "This is the ordinance of the Pesach: no stranger shall eat of it" (Shemot 12:43). It is also written, "But every man's servant..." (Ibid. 44) and "a foreign and a hired servant shall not eat of it" (Ibid. 45). If something like eating the pascal lamb is forbidden to the uncircumcised just because it hints at a holy matter - MEANING BECAUSE "HASHEM WILL PASS OVER THE DOOR..." (IBID. 23) - then how much more should the Torah, which is the Holy of Holies, the sublime name of the Holy One, blessed be He, be forbidden to them.
358. Two female spirits used to come and couple with him and they gave birth. They gave birth to demons called the plagues of mankind. They would fly to people and rest at their doors, wells and restrooms. Therefore all DEMONS flee and distance themselves from people who have on their door posts the holy name Shadai of the supernal Sfirot. This is the essence of the verse, "Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling" (Tehilim 91:10). What is meant by "nor shall any plague come near?" It is the MENTIONED plagues of people.