164. He said to him: If it is pleasing before my father, I heard that it is written about this, "I will ever be what I now am" (Heb. eheyeh asher eheyeh) (Shemot 3:14) and I do not understand it; NAMELY, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND ITS EXPLANATION. He replied: Elazar, my son, the friends have established it, and now it all connects to the same matter.
165. The secret of the matter is this. THE NAME "Eheyeh" comprises everything, BEING THE SUPERNAL ABA AND IMA WHO ARE THE THREE FIRST SFIROT OF BINAH, ALWAYS IN THE SECRET OF THE VERSE, "HE DELIGHTS IN MERCY (HEB. CHESED)" (MICHAH 7:18) AND NEVER RECEIVE CHOCHMAH, AS when the paths are blocked and not clear, and are all included in one place. Then they are called Eheyeh, which includes all. It is concealed and does not become revealed.
166. After the beginning OF the REVELATION OF MOCHIN emerges from it, and that river WHICH IS YISRAEL-SABA AND TEVUNAH, becomes pregnant, WITH MALE AND FEMALE, in order to draw everything, the beginning is called "Asher Eheyeh." IT MEANS, I will draw, and give birth to all. "Eheyeh" means that now I include everything, the inclusion of every detail, MEANING EACH AND EVERY GRADE. "Asher Eheyeh" MEANS that Ima, WHICH IS BINAH, is impregnated and ready to give forth all the details and to reveal the exalted Name YUD HEI VAV HEI.
167. Afterwards, Moses wanted to know the details of the matter. Then THE HOLY ONE, BLESSED BE HE, explained it to him, "THUS SHALL YOU SAY TO THE CHILDREN OF YISRAEL, Eheyeh" (Shemot 3:14). THIS NAME is specific TO YISRAEL-SABA AND TEVUNAH. Therefore, it is not written here: 'Asher Eheyeh.' I have found in the book of King Solomon that "Asher" MEANS the chamber, BINAH, is in connection with Eden, DENOTING CHOCHMAH, when in the exalted knot, as it is written, "Happy am I (Heb. oshri), for the daughters will call me blessed" (Beresheet 30:13). ALSO HERE, "ASHER" IS DERIVED FROM HAPPY, "Eheyeh" MEANS prepared to give birth.
168. Come and see how it came down from level to level in order to tell the secret of the Holy Name to Moses. At first there was "Eheyeh," which comprises everything in general. It is hidden and not revealed at all, BEING SUPERNAL ABA AND IMA as I have said. This is understood from, "Then I was (Eheyeh) by Him as a nursling" (Mishlei 8:30), and, "Man cannot know its price" (Iyov 28:13). FOR CHOCHMAH, BEING THE SECRET OF THE SUPERNAL ABA AND IMA, ARE CONCEALED AND IT IS WRITTEN ABOUT THEM, "MAN CANNOT KNOW ITS PRICE," AS CHOCHMAH IS HIDDEN WITHIN THEM AND NOT KNOWN AT ALL. Afterwards, SUPERNAL ABA AND IMA caused the river, which is supernal Ima, to emanate, and it became pregnant and was about to give birth. Then the verse says, "Asher Eheyeh," MEANING I am prepared to give birth and correct everything. Following this, she begins to give birth. THEN, it is not written: 'Asher,' BECAUSE AT THE TIME OF BIRTH THE HEAVENLY PAIR IS SEPARATED AS MENTIONED, but "Eheyeh" which means that now it will produce and give birth and everything will be corrected.
332. He said to him: When things depend upon repentance and people do not repent, the sublime Hei OF YUD HEI VAV HEI, BEING BINAH, takes and attracts the Vav and the Yud to itself, as they are not repenting. It then BECOMES A COMBINATION OF HEI-VAV-YUD called Hoy, MEANING Hoy (lit. 'ah'), when the King, ZEIR ANPIN, departs higher and higher TO BINAH. People cry but no one pays attention. SOMETIMES, that supernal concealed NAME, EHEYEH, DENOTING KETER, raises the Vav, ZEIR ANPIN, and the Yud, BEING THE HEAD OF YESOD, to itself, because one's prayer is not accepted, AND IT BECOMES THE COMBINATION OY (ALEPH VAV YUD). Then it is called Oy, as the Aleph THAT IS EHEYEH brings up to it the Vav and the Yud. Then repentance is not available, so the Hei departs from these letters, as it is no longer dependent on repentance, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF BINAH CALLED HEI.