32. The child opened the discussion with the verse: "When they go into the Tent of Meeting, they shall wash with water, that they die not" (Shemot 30:20). We learn from this verse that whoever is not careful of this, and appears before the King with soiled hands, deserves to die. What is the reason? It is because a person's hands dwell at the top of the world. There is one finger on the hand of a person and that is the finger that Moses raised, MEANING THE MIDDLE FINGER THAT CORRESPONDS TO MOSES, WHO IS THE CENTRAL COLUMN, AS WILL BE EXPLAINED.
33. It is written: "And you shall make bars of acacia wood; five for the boards of the one side of the tabernacle, and five bars for the boards of the other side of the tabernacle... And the middle bar in the midst of the boards shall reach from end to end" (Shemot 26:26-28). If you say that middle bar is another one and is not included in the five BARS, it is not so. Rather, that middle bar is one of the five BARS. Two BARS are from that side, two are from that side and one is in the middle. That was the middle bar, the pillar of Jacob, the secret of Moses, MEANING TIFERET, BECAUSE THE TWO BARS IN FRONT OF IT ARE CHESED AND GVURAH AND THE TWO BARS BEHIND IT ARE NETZACH AND HOD. Corresponding to this, there are five fingers on a person's hand and the middle bar, MEANING THE MIDDLE FINGER, is in the middle, larger and longer than the rest. All other FINGERS are supported by it, SINCE TIFERET IS INCLUSIVE OF ALL THE SIX ENDS.
34. These five bars are referred to as five hundred years - MEANING CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH AND HOD OF ZEIR ANPIN, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF FIVE HUNDRED YEARS, since the Tree of Life THAT IS ZEIR ANPIN goes in them [meaning included in them]. The Holy Covenant is aroused by the five fingers of the hand, SINCE YESOD COMPRISES WITHIN IT CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH AND HOD, and that is a concealed matter about which I spoke. Therefore, all the blessings of the priest are dependent on the fingers. And the spreading of hands of Moses, MEANING WHERE IT SAYS: "AND SPREAD OUT HIS HANDS TO HASHEM..." (SHEMOT 9:33) was because of this.
35. If all this is inherent IN THE FINGERS, it is redundant to say that they must be clean when blessing the Holy One, blessed be He. Through them and their counterparts, MEANING THE UPPER CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH AND HOD, THAT ARE INDICATED THROUGH THEM, the Holy Name is blessed. Therefore, you who are so wise, why did you not pay attention to this? And you did not pay service to Rabbi Shmaya the pious, who declared any filth or stain rises to the Other Side, since the Other Side is sustained from that filth and dirt. Consequently, final water washings are obligatory and required.
42. He said to him, Son, angel of Hashem, His beloved, that which you said, "And you shall make bars of acacia wood, five, for the boards of the one side of the tabernacle...and five bars...and five bars...for the side westward" (Shemot 26:26-28). We find here a great number of bars but there are only two hands, THAT CONTAIN ONLY TWO TIMES FIVE FINGERS. THE BOY said to him, That is what they say, From a person's mouth it is known who he is. However, since you have not observed TO BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND, I will speak.
197. Rabbi Elazar said, I have raised my hands in prayer before the Holy King, since we were taught that a person is not permitted to raise his hands upward, except at prayer, at blessings and at supplications to his master. It is written: "I have raised my hand to Hashem, the most high El" (Beresheet 14:23), which was translated into Aramaic as "I have raised my hands in prayer," since the fingers of the hand contain higher things. Now I practice that, RAISING MY HANDS AT PRAYER, and I say that whoever conforms to these four MENTIONED ABOVE, THE DESTITUTE, THE PIOUS, THE SERVANTS AND THOSE WHO SUFFER FOR HIS NAME'S SANCTIFICATION, before his Master and accomplishes himself with a willing heart in this appropriate preparation here with this manner, his prayers will not return unanswered.
416. He opened the discussion with the verse: "What is man, that You are mindful of him..." (Tehilim 8:5). It was explained that the ministers said this at the time when it was the Holy One, blessed be He, wish to create man. THEN He called many groups of the ministering angels and sat them in His presence. He told them, 'I wish to create man,' and they said, "Nevertheless man abides not in honor..." (Tehilim 49:13). The Holy One, blessed be He, extended His finger and put them in fire. He had other classes sit in His presence. He said to them, 'I wish to create man.' They replied, "What is man, that You are mindful of him?" What are the functions of this man? He replied to them' I WISH TO CREATE MAN, who will be in Our image, and whose wisdom will be above your wisdom.'
489. "He shall pour the water out of his bucket" (Ibid. 7). THIS IS like a man who had fine hands, beautiful in appearance. One person passed by, a man of the evil eye, gazed at these hands, grasped them and began to praise them, saying, How beautiful they are, how pretty. Look at the fingers cut out in the highest form of beauty. Then he is, Who shall give these hands to dwell among precious stones and expensive purple garments, AND BE in his house to use them and they shall be stored in his vault.