72. THE THREE NAMES "Hashem our Elohim; Hashem," WHICH APPEAR IN THE VERSE: "HEAR, O YISRAEL" (DEVARIM 6:4) ALLUDE TO THE THREE colors, WHITE, RED, AND GREEN WHEN they are concealed, invisible, and attached to one place. THIS IS THE SECRET OF the first union in the upper WORLD THAT IS CALLED ONE PLACE. AND the colors united in the rainbow below - which are white, red and green - correspond to the THREE concealed colors OF THE UPPER UNION: HASHEM OUR ELOHIM HASHEM. These COLORS OF THE RAINBOW belong to another union, WHICH IS the secret of: "And his Name One," THE LOWER UNION. IT IS THE SECRET OF THE VERSE: 'Blessed be the Name of the glory of His Kingdom for ever and ever (Heb. baruch shem kevod...),' THAT WE RESPOND AFTER "HEAR, O YISRAEL," WHICH IS the lower union. The upper union indicated by the verse: "Hear, O Yisrael, Hashem our Elohim; Hashem is One" corresponds TO THE LOWER UNION: 'BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE GLORY OF HIS KINGDOM FOR EVER AND EVER.' Each verse contains six words.
117. The kingdom of THE HOUSE OF David was established on this day, THE FOURTH DAY, which is the fourth leg that supports the throne. IT HAPPENED ON THE FOURTH DAY BECAUSE the letters were completed and fixed in their places PROPERLY. In spite of all this, MALCHUT (KINGDOM) was not fixed properly in its place before the sixth day, because only then was the image of man completed and properly established. ON THE SIXTH DAY, the upper throne and the lower throne were established and all the worlds settled in their places. All the letters were set in their spheres after untying and releasing the complicated knot THAT EXISTED AMONG THE LETTERS.
118. The fourth day, WHICH IS THE KINGDOM OF DAVID, was rejected by the builders, as it is written: "The stone which the builders rejected..." (Tehilim 118:22) and also "my mother's children were angry with me" (Shir Hashirim 1:6). For this light, REFERRING TO MALCHUT, lowered itself and diminished its own radiance while the Klipot were established in their places. THIS GAVE PLACE TO THE EMERGING OF THE KLIPOT AND THEIR RULE. THUS SHE SEEMED LOATHSOME IN THE EYES OF THE RIGHTEOUS THAT BUILT IT. ONLY LATER, WHEN SHE WAS COMPLETED AND READY FOR UNION WITH ZEIR ANPIN, WAS IT SAID SHE "HAS BECOME THE HEAD STONE OF THE CORNER" (TEHILIM 118:22). All those lights that shone DURING THE 6000-YEAR PERIOD were suspended in this firmament of heaven to establish with them the throne of David - NAMELY, THE KINGDOM (MALCHUT) OF DAVID.
119. These lights OF THE KINGDOM OF DAVID create the form below in order to prepare the form of all those that pertain to the inner form of THE FACE OF a man, because every inner form is so called - NAMELY, THE FACE OF A MAN. From this, YOU SHOULD REALIZE THAT every shape included in this expansion OF THE LETTER "FINAL NUN" ? is called man, EVEN THOUGH THEY DO NOT ACTUALLY HAVE THE FACE OF A MAN. Hence, it is written: "But you...are men" (Yechezkel 34:31). You are called men, but not the rest of the idolatrous nations.
316. It is written: "While the king sits at his table" (Shir Hashirim 1:12). In this phrase, "sits at his table" MEANS he sits at the lower kingdom (Malchut) AND BESTOWS ON IT the secret of that special union and conviviality of the upper Eden, WHICH IS THE SUPERNAL ABA AND IMA. SO IT RECEIVES FROM THE SUPERNAL ABA AND IMA through that concealed and hidden path THAT IS unknowable. It is filled by it AND THE ABUNDANCE flows out through certain rivers. The phrase: "My nard sent forth its fragrance" (Ibid.) refers to the lower Malchut, for He created the world below - NAMELY MALCHUT - in the same manner as the world above - WHICH IS THE WORLD OF BINAH - WITH WHAT THEY RECEIVED FROM THE UPPER GARDEN OF EDEN. Thus, the fragrance rises upward FROM THE LOWER WORLD to govern and take action, and MALCHUT may govern as it shines by the supernal light.