30. The words: "And...said" should be studied and questioned. THE TERM "AND...SAID (HEB. VAYOMER)" CONSISTS OF THE HEBREW LETTERS OF MI (ENG. 'WHO') AND OR (ENG. 'LIGHT'), WHICH IS AN INQUIRY. "And...said" alludes to a raised force, and the raising is done in silence. A LIGHT IS DRAWN from the secret of the Endless Light; from the beginning of thought. "And Elohim said" MEANS THAT now the chamber gave birth to a holy seed, with which it was pregnant, in secret. And he who was born, NAMELY THE MALE AND FEMALE PRINCIPLES, was heard without. Whoever gave birth to him, TO THE MALE AND FEMALE PRINCIPLES, did it secretly and was not heard at all. THIS REFERS TO GIVING BIRTH TO THE MOCHIN OF THE MALE AND FEMALE PRINCIPLES WHILE STILL IN BINAH. But as soon as he emerged from there, FROM BINAH, a sound was heard without.
308. AT THIS POINT, THE ZOHAR EXPLAINS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE UNION OF THE UPPER WORLD AND THAT OF THE LOWER WORLD OF BINAH. AND SO HE SAYS: The upper WORLD descends to the lower WORLD, which is filled BY THE UNION WITH THE SUPERNAL LIGHT THAT FLOWS through a pathway (Heb. shvil) of a certain grade that rests upon it. This is similar to the concealed or hidden path above. Only one OF THEM is a narrow path, THE other one is a path (Heb. orach). The one below is orach, as it is written: "But the path of just men is like the gleam of sunlight..." (Mishlei 4:18). And the other one above is a nativ, as it is written: "There is a path (Heb. nativ) which no bird of prey knows" (Iyov 28:7). The secret of all this APPEARS IN THE VERSE: "Who makes a way (Heb. derech) in the sea, and a path (Heb. nativ) in the mighty waters" (Yeshayah 43:16) and: "Your way was in the sea, and Your path in the great waters..." (Tehilim 77:20). The upper world OF BINAH, CALLED SHVIL OR NATIV - became filled BY THE SECRET OF THE UNION OF THE SUPERNAL LIGHT and pregnant FROM THE LIGHT, as a female becomes pregnant from a male. Then THEY brought forth two children as one, a male and a female. These are the heaven and the earth, similar to the upper WORLD OF BINAH.
349. When the Holy One, blessed be He, had foreseen three sinful generations - namely, the generation of Enosh, the generation of the Flood and the generation of the Tower of Babylon - he hid THIS LIGHT to prevent them from using it. The Holy One, blessed be He, gave it to Moses, who used it during the three months left to complete his period of pregnancy, AS HE WAS BORN AFTER SIX MONTHS AND ONE DAY. This is why it is written: "She hid him three months" (Shemot 2:2).
350. After three months, AFTER THE PREGNANCY WITH MOSES WAS OVER, he entered before Pharaoh. IN OTHER WORDS, THE DAUGHTER OF PHARAOH FOUND HIM AT THE RIVERBANK OF THE NILE AND BROUGHT HIM TO PHARAOH. The Holy One, blessed be He, took THIS LIGHT away from him until Moses stood at Mount Sinai to receive the Torah. Then he gave this light back to him and Moses used this LIGHT all his life. And the children of Yisrael were not able to approach him until he put a veil over his face, as it is written: "And they were afraid to come near him" (Shemot 34:30). He covered Himself WITH THIS LIGHT like a Talit, as it is written: "Who covers himself with light as with a garment..." (Tehilim 104:2).
382. THE PHRASE "yielding fruit after its kind" IN THE VERSE, "AND FRUIT TREE YIELDING FRUIT AFTER ITS KIND" MEANS THAT YESOD leaves an imprint on every human being who has a spirit of holiness and who is a fruit of that tree - NAMELY THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE OF ZEIR ANPIN - "after its kind." Just as YESOD OF ZEIR ANPIN is a holy covenant and a covenant of peace, so are the people of Faith "after its kind," THOSE WHO HAVE MERITED THE SPIRIT OF HOLINESS FROM THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE. THIS MEANS THAT THEY ALSO ATTAIN THE GRADES OF THE HOLY COVENANT AND THE COVENANT OF PEACE. They enter into its kind, THEY CLEAVE TO IT, and they never separate themselves from it. The Righteous, NAMELY YESOD, yields fruit, THAT IS, BRINGS FORTH THE SPIRITS AND SOULS OF HUMAN BEINGS. That tree, NAMELY THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE OF ZEIR ANPIN, becomes pregnant WITH THE FRUIT THAT SHE RECEIVES FROM YESOD, WHICH ARE THE SPIRITS AND SOULS, and produces that fruit after its kind, after the kind of that, which yields the fruit, NAMELY YESOD. WHOEVER RECEIVES ITS FRUIT becomes like it. THEN THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE GIVES THEM TO HUMAN BEINGS, WHO RESEMBLE IT WHICH YIELDS THE FRUIT.