79. In the left hand, MEANING FROM THE LEFT COLUMN OF MALCHUT, seventy branches COME OUT, WHO ARE THE SEVENTY CHIEFTAINS OF THE WORLD NATIONS, who are raised among the fish of the sea, REPRESENTING THE LEVELS OF THE ILLUMINATION OF CHOCHMAH OF THE LEFT, REFERRED TO AS FISH. THE SEA MEANS MALCHUT. All of them are red like a rose, BECAUSE OF THE JUDGMENTS WITHIN THEM, AS THE JUDGMENTS OF THE LEFT ARE RED. Above them, one branch is extremely red. THAT IS THE HARSHEST JUDGMENT OF ALL, NAMELY SAMAEL. It goes up and down, MEANING ATTRACTS CHOCHMAH FROM ABOVE DOWNWARD. IT IS HE WHO RODE ON THE SERPENT AND ENTICED ADAM TO DRAW CHOCHMAH FROM ABOVE DOWNWARD, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL. All of them are covered with hair OF MALCHUT, MEANING HER JUDGMENTS REFFERED TO AS HAIRS.
281. "But Judah still rules with El, and is faithful with holy ones" (Hoshea 12:1). "When Judah saw her, he thought her to be a harlot..." (Beresheet 38:15) as the verse states, "Likewise the way of an adulterous woman" (Mishlei 30:20). "Because she had covered her face" (Beresheet 38:15): We have learned that "she had covered her face," MEANING similar to what you say, "She eats, and wipes her mouth" (Mishlei 30:20). She torched the world with her flames, "and says, I have done nothing wrong" (Ibid.). What is the reason? It is "because she had covered her face" and no one knows her ways in order to save themselves from her. "And he turned to her by the way" (Beresheet 38:16), to the way literally, to make white join with red. "And said, I pray you, let me come in to you..." (Ibid.). We established THAT "let me" always MEANS INVITATION.
311. We have learned in the Mishnah about the ways of the lights. Four keys were made for the directions of the world, and there is one KEY for the four directions in their corners. There are four DIRECTIONS for each direction and they are engraved with one color. In the color ARE MIXED blue, purple, scarlet, white and red. One blends into the color of the other and ITS COLOR, MEANING THAT OF ITS NEIGHBOR, is found in it.
315. There is a crystal mirror on one sword. On the top of that sword glistens the color of red in the midst of the crystal. From the two sides very deep impressions appear in that sword. One strong warrior, a youth standing in thirteen worlds, is girded with that sword to do vengeance. With him are sixty other mighty warriors girded with swords, all trained to be victorious in war. This is the meaning of the verse, "Gird your sword upon your thigh, O mighty warrior: your glory and your majesty" (Tehilim 45:4). It is also written, "All girt with swords, and expert in war..." (Shir Hashirim 3:8). They turn forward in several ways, and no one knows them except one worm that swims among the fish of the sea. All rocks that pass over them break up.
318. HE ANSWERS: Since it is written "apple tree," IT TURNS OUT she is lauding him in every manner, with color, fragrance and with taste. Just as the apple is a cure-all also the Holy One, blessed be He, is a cure for all. Just as apple appears in colors - as we established, IT HAS WHITE, RED, GREEN - so does the Holy One, blessed be He, appear in supernal colors - NAMELY CHESED, GVURAH AND TIFERET THAT ARE THE SECRET OF WHITE, RED AND GREEN. As the apple tree has a fine fragrance MORE than other trees, so about the Holy One, blessed be He, it is written, "And His fragrance like the Lebanon" (Hoshea 14:7). Just as the apple's taste is sweet, so also is the Holy One's, blessed be He, as it is written, "His mouth is most sweet" (Shir Hashirim 5:16).
353. THIS MAN ELAZAR prostrated himself before him. He brought him home, prepared three measures of bread and a three year old calf. After eating, the man said to him: Rabbi, tell me one thing. I had a red cow, the mother of this calf whose flesh we are eating. One day, before she became pregnant and gave birth, I followed her to her pasture in the desert. As I led her, a man came by and asked me for the name of the cow. I replied that from the day she was born, I never called her by name. He said to me: Batsheba, mother of Solomon, is she called if you merit forgiveness FOR YOUR SINS. When I turned around, I saw him no more. I laughed at this thing.
355. Come and see: SHE, THE RED COW, is actually called Batsheba according to the secret of wisdom, DENOTING MALCHUT NAMED COW FROM HER LEFT ASPECT, AS THE MALE IS CALLED AN OX AND THE FEMALE A COW. SHE IS RED DUE TO GVUROT. That is why everything referring to her is in sevens, FOR IN THE CHAPTER THERE IS MENTION OF cow seven TIMES; ALSO, seven burnings, seven sprinkles, seven washings, seven unclean, seven clean and seven priests with Moses and Aaron included in the count of seven. THEY ARE ALSO CALLED PRIESTS, as it is written IN THE CHAPTER, "And Hashem spoke to Moses and Aaron..." (Bemidbar 19:2). That man that spoke of Batsheba (lit. 'daughter of seven') spoke very well. All this pertains to the secret of wisdom.