5. Come and see: It is written here, "After the death" and later, "Speak to Aaron your brother...Thus shall Aaron come." (Vayikra 16:2-3). WHAT CONNECTION IS THERE BETWEEN "AFTER THE DEATH OF" TO THE VERSE, "THUS (LIT. 'WITH THIS') SHALL AARON COME?" HE ANSWERS: FROM THE DEATH OF THE SONS OF AARON commences the warning to each of the priests that they must be mindful of Zot (Eng. 'this' fem.), which is the fear of Hashem, WHICH IS MALCHUT. FOR THE DEATHS OF THE SONS OF AARON WERE AS A RESULT OF THEIR NEGLIGENCE IN RELATION TO MALCHUT.
130. We have learned that "And he shall take from the congregation, of the children of Yisrael two kids of the goats for a sin offering" (Vayikra 16:5). THE VERSE SAYS, "from the congregation." THIS IS TO TEACH that they should buy it with everyone's MONEY, and atonement will thus come to all, as all sins of Yisrael are impending here and all will attain atonement from this act. THEREFORE, it is not enough TO TAKE MONEY from one person. From where is it taken? The money is taken from the public fund boxes in the sanctuary, and they bring THE GOATS with this money, which is the contributed property of everyone.
180. We have learned that it is written, "And he shall make atonement for the holy place, because of the uncleanness of the children of Yisrael" (Ibid. 16). HE QUESTIONS: What is meant by "and he shall make atonement for the holy place?" However, Rabbi Elazar said: Behold, we learned that the wicked cause a defect above and awaken Judgments. They cause the sanctuary to become unclean and the mighty snake begins to reveal itself. At that point, Judgments are awakened in the world. On this day, the priest needs to bring purification to all and to crown His holy Sfirah, NAMELY CHESED OF ZEIR ANPIN, which is the head of the King, AS CHESED IS HIS FIRST SFIRAH, in order that the King come to dwell with the Queen, NAMELY MALCHUT. As the head of the King travels, all move along, MEANING ALL HIS SFIROT, to join with the Queen and instill joy and blessings in the world.
334. We have learned that the Vav, DENOTING ZEIR ANPIN, ascended high up TO KETER, BEING THE SECRET OF ALEPH, AS MENTIONED. The sanctuary was consumed, the people exiled, the Queen expelled, and the Temple was in ruins. Later, as the Vav returned to its position, it took notice of the Temple and found it in ruins. It sought the Queen , but she moved far away. It saw its sanctuary, but it was consumed by fire, and it looked for the people but they were exiled. It saw the blessings of the deep streams FROM BINAH that were flowing, but now ceased. Then it is written, "And on that day did Adonai Elohim Tzevaot call to weeping, and to mourning, and to baldness, and to girding with sackcloth" (Yeshayah 22:12). Then, "I clothe the heavens, ZEIR ANPIN, with blackness."
402. We have learned that 125 kinds of impurity descended to earth joined AND HELD BY the side of the mighty serpent, and the greater 27 of them hold to the female to join with her. Woe to anyone approaching her at this time, for one who does approach her points to a defect above. With this sin, the mighty serpent above is awakened to spew poison in places where he should not, and he joins the female. The hairs of the male grow and the female is defiled. Her hair grows and her nails grow. Then harsh Judgments begin circulating in the world and everything becomes defiled. This is the essence of the verse, "Because he has defiled the sanctuary of Hashem" (Bemidbar 19:20). The sanctuary of Hashem was defiled due to sins of mankind.