63. The first chamber, CALLED THE CHAMBER OF YESOD AND MALCHUT, IS THE FIRST FROM BELOW. REGARDING THIS CHAMBER, it is written: "and there was under His feet a kind of paved work sapphire stone, and as it were the embodiment of the heaven for clearness" (Shemot 24:10). Here is the secret of secrets: in this chamber, there is a spirit called Sapir (sapphire), who shines as does the precious stone called sapphire. It glitters in two directions, NAMELY CHESED AND GVURAH. One light, THE LIGHT OF CHESED, goes up AS RETURNING LIGHT and goes down AS DIRECT LIGHT. This light is white, shining in every direction, upward, downward, and to all four directions of the world, ALL SIX EXTREMITIES OF ZEIR ANPIN. Its light is sometimes suspended, hidden yet revealed - MEANING ITS DIRECTION HAS NOT YET BEEN DECIDED.
64. From the light OF CHESED, four lights branch out to four sides. THE SECOND LIGHT IS THE LIGHT OF GVURAH OF THE SPIRIT SAPIR. THE FIRST LIGHT, CHESED, SHINES IN SIX DIRECTIONS AND THE SECOND, GVURAH, IN FOUR. THIS IS BECAUSE THE TWO LIGHTS ARE THE MALE AND THE FEMALE ASPECTS OF THE SPIRIT SAPIR; THE FIRST LIGHT REPRESENTS CHOCHMAH, BINAH, DA'AT, CHESED, GVURAH AND TIFERET, WHILE THE SECOND REPRESENTS NETZACH, HOD, YESOD AND MALCHUT. All these lights are as one, in the same way that the multiple reflections of a candle in the eyes of onlookers has just one source. The light rays of the candle go up and down, depart and return from the fire of the burning candle. And all are one light. So are the four lights. They glitter like the red color of burnished brass, as it is written: "And they sparkled like the color of burnished brass" (Yechezkel 1:7). All this is to the right, BECAUSE, IN SPITE OF THE FACT THAT THE RED LIGHT OF THE LIGHTS OF SAPIR ILLUMINATES TO THE LEFT SIDE, IT NEVERTHELESS STANDS TO THE RIGHT OF THE CHAMBER.
65. To the left OF THE CHAMBER, there is a spirit named Levanah (Moon), which is included in and mingles with the first spirit, CALLED SAPIR. The light FROM THIS SPIRIT is simultaneously red and white because it originates from these TWO first lights OF THE SPIRIT SAPIR, WHICH ARE ALSO RED AND WHITE - YET HERE THEY ARE ONE. And when the lights OF THE SPIRIT LEVANAH reach the first lights OF SPIRIT SAPIR and intermingle with them and become one, only the first lights become evident. The other lights OF THE SPIRIT CALLED LEVANAH, are not revealed and are indistinguishable when they enter, as it is written: "and it could not be known that they had entered there" (Beresheet 41:21). This is the intermingling of spirit with spirit to be one and of lights with lights to become one. In this CHAMBER, two lower firmaments shine, and they are called the heaven of heavens.
67. And when one spirit is included in the other - THAT IS THE SPIRIT SAPIR IN THE SPIRIT LEVANAH - the light of one living creatures comes out of them and spreads over four Ofanim. The shape of this living creatures is that of a lion, NAMELY OF CHESED, WHICH IS WHITE. This living creature rules over thirteen million other Ofanim. The wings of this living creatures are those of an eagle. THE NUMBER OF OFANIM IS THIRTEEN MILLION because each of the four OFANIM travels on four wheels, each of which has three supports. In all, there are twelve supports for the four wheels ON WHICH EACH OFAN TRAVELS. The spirit SAPIR controls them all because they originate from it. This spirit sustains them all, NAMELY THOSE WHEELS AND SUPPORTS, and through it they receive nourishment. HENCE IT IS COUNTED WITH THEM AS A THIRTEENTH.
69. Below this chamber, the hosts spread out to radiate in many directions in the lower firmaments, THROUGH WHICH MATTERS CONCERNING THE LEADING OF THE LOWER WORLD CHANGE. This continues until a planet called Shabtai (Saturn) is reached IN THE SECOND FIRMAMENT OF THE WORLD OF ASIYAH. ALL SEVEN PLANETS ARE LOCATED IN THE WORLD OF ASIYAH, AND THEY ARE CALLED SHABTAI (SATURN), TZEDEK (JUPITER), MA'ADIM (MARS), NOGAH (VENUS), COCHAV (MERCURY), AND LEVANAH (MOON). THROUGH THESE PLANETS, EVERY CHANGE COMES TO THE WORLD. THE FIRST PLANET, SHABTAI, FEEDS FROM THE LOWEST OF THE SEVEN CHAMBERS OF THE WORLD OF BRIYAH, AND THE REST OF THE PLANETS FEED FROM THE OTHER CHAMBERS. All THE LOWER WORLDS look toward this chamber FOR THEIR SUSTENANCE. From this chamber all those present are fed. They anticipate RECEIVING SUSTENANCE AND STRENGTH FROM THE SPIRIT OF SAPIR, as it is written: "Wherever the spirit was minded to go, they went; they turned not when they went" (Yechezkel 1:12). This chamber is called Livnat Hasapir BECAUSE OF THE TWO SPIRITS CONTAINED THEREIN, SAPIR AND LEVANAH.
70. The spirit SAPIR includes the spirit LEVANAH within it and has light that goes up and comes down. Its light never stops shining, as the light of the sun within the water. And nothing other than the desire of a righteous man through his prayer that goes into that chamber can conceive THAT SPIRIT. That prayer elevates so as to connect perfectly - THAT IS, MAKE UNIFICATIONS under the influence of this spirit - as is appropriate. Then THE SPIRIT is enveloped with light and is happy with THE PRAYER, and goes up with it to the second chamber to connect with its unity. This spirit, WHICH INCLUDES WITHIN IT THE SPIRIT LEVANAH, can now mix with a higher spirit IN THE SECOND CHAMBER.
76. Another spirit is contained within it, rotating and shining around it in blue and white. AS THERE ARE TWO SPIRITS IN THE FIRST CHAMBER, SAPIR AND LEVANAH, MALE AND FEMALE, SO THERE ARE TWO SPIRITS IN THE SECOND CHAMBER. THE MALE IS NAMED ZOHAR AND THE FEMALE IS CALLED ETZEM. The white OF THE SPIRIT joins with the white of ETZEM, and the blue OF THE SPIRIT joins with the red OF LEVANAH, located to the left side OF THE FIRST CHAMBER. They embrace each other, become one, and are thus called etzem hashamayim (the embodiment of heaven). All that exists below THIS CHAMBER, IN BRIYAH, YETZIRAH AND ASIYAH, along with all that exists in the lower chamber YESOD, is contained within THE CHAMBER CALLED HOD. And because they are all contained IN THIS CHAMBER, it is called the embodiment of heaven. IT EMBODIES THE WHOLE EXISTENCE.
135. Joseph the righteous, the pillar of the world, NAMELY YESOD OF ZEIR ANPIN, takes the chamber of Sapir and the spirit called Livnat Hasapir. Because it is written: "And beneath His feet as if it were a paved work of sapphire stone (Heb. Livnat Hasapir)" (Shemot 24:10), ONE MIGHT THINK THAT LIVNAT HASAPIR IS BENEATH YESOD OF ZEIR ANPIN, BEYOND HIS GRADE. Nevertheless, "beneath his feet" was said for the honor of the King, but it certainly is YESOD OF ZEIR ANPIN THAT TAKES THE CHAMBER OF LIVNAT HASAPIR. Furthermore, this pillar, NAMELY YESOD OF ZEIR ANPIN, takes more. This is a highly secret matter TO EXPOUND ON, because HE TAKES in the seventh chamber. Now the levels OF ZEIR ANPIN are linked WITH THE LEVELS OF THE CHAMBERS, and the two complete one another until they become one. All is as it should be, and hence "Hashem is Elohim" (I Melachim 18:39). THAT IS, ZEIR ANPIN, WHICH IS CALLED YUD HEI VAV HEI, BECOMES ONE WITH THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE, CALLED ELOHIM, IN SUCH A WAY THAT YUD HEI VAV HEI IS ELOHIM. Joyous is the portion in this world and the next of he who knows how to link them and cleave to his Master.