5. In the variety of witchcraft of ancient Kasdiel, we first found that this bird was produced at specific times from silver mixed with gold. SILVER IS THE SECRET OF THE RIGHT COLUMN, CHASSADIM, AND GOLD IS THE LEFT COLUMN, CHOCHMAH, AND THEY USED IT TO PRODUCE AND PUT TOGETHER THAT BIRD TO BE LIKENED TO HOLINESS, AS A MONKEY TO PEOPLE. JUST LIKE IN HOLINESS CHOCHMAH OF THE LEFT IS BLENDED WITH CHASSADIM OF THE RIGHT, THEY WANTED TO DRAW IT THAT WAY. HOWEVER, SINCE THEY DID NOT HAVE THE POWER OF UNIFICATION OF THE CENTRAL COLUMN, EVERYTHING RESULTS IN THE ASPECT OF REFUSE. The head, THE FIRST THREE SFIROT OF THE BIRD, is made of gold, MEANING THE REFUSE OF GOLD. Her mouth is made of silver, MEANING FROM SILVER REFUSE, and her wings, CHESED AND GVURAH, from light copper, THAT IS LEFT, blended with silver, THAT IS RIGHT, SINCE EACH ONE IS COMPRISED OF RIGHT AND LEFT. The body is of gold with round points of silver in her feathers. Her legs, NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD, are from gold and they place in her mouth the tongue of that bird Yadua, SINCE THE TONGUE IS DA'AT. AND SINCE THE KLIPOT HAVE NO DA'AT, THEY HAVE INSTEAD KNOWN (HEB. YADUA).
15. You might say that the Holy One, blessed be He, desired it that way, TO GIVE THE BIRTHRIGHT TO YISRAEL, yet it was not according to justice. Come and see that Esau was a Klipah of the Other Side AND IT IS KNOWN THAT THE SKULL (HEB. KLIPAH) PRECEDED THE BRAIN. THEREFORE, HE EMERGED FIRST. As soon as the skull came out and removed, the brain was found. The foreskin come first, THAT IS ESAU, found externally; THEREFORE, HE EXITED FIRST. The of circumcised member that is most precious, MEANING JACOB, is revealed later. THEREFORE, ESAU'S PRIOR APPEARANCE IS NOT CONSIDERED AS THE BIRTHRIGHT SINCE THE KLIPAH AND THE FORESKIN HAVE NO VALUE IN COMPARISON TO THE BRAIN AND THE CIRCUMCISED MEMBER. NOT ONLY THAT, HE WAS FIRST TO EXIT FOR THAT SAME REASON, SINCE THE SHELL COMES BEFORE THE FRUIT.
70. The child said, Whoever wishes to eat bread, let him eat it by the sword. Rabbi Elazar was glad and again brought the child close to him. He said to him, Since you praised yourself, you have to begin the battle. At first, I said that the battle will begin after the meal. However, whoever wishes for fine flour, SIFTED OUT OF HUSKS THAT ARE THE KLIPOT, shall bring the gear of battle in his hands. Rabbi Elazar said, It is appropriate for you to show us what battle gear you possess.
79. Chaff and straw, WHICH ARE THE MALE AND FEMALE OF THE KLIPAH, go together. Therefore, they are exempt from tithe, because they do not contain any part in holiness. Hei OF CHITAH is the cleaned grain without the straw and chaff. Chet and Tet OF CHITAH are male and female, chaff and straw. IF Hei too IS INCLUDED WITH CHET AND TET, it indicates refined grain, and hence the perfection of the tree, THAT IS MALCHUT, is the wheat grain, WHICH IS INDICATIVE OF REFINED GRAIN WITHOUT KLIPOT. The tree by which Adam sinned was wheat, since everything is contained in the secret and in the word chitah. Rabbi Elazar wondered and the friends marveled. Rabbi Elazar said, It definitely is so.
81. The Holy Land THAT IS MALCHUT is under the authority of the Holy One, blessed be He, and no other authority enters there. How is the land tested if it keeps its Faith? MEANING TO SAY, IF SHE IS FAITHFUL TO HER HUSBAND, WHO IS THE CENTRAL COLUMN, WHO FIXES IT SO THAT CHOCHMAH SHOULD NOT ILLUMINATE ON THE LEFT EXCEPT FROM BELOW UPWARDS? She was not joined to another authority, THAT IS THE OTHER SIDE, WHOSE MANNER IS TO DRAW CHOCHMAH DOWNWARDS, IN REVERSE TO THE MANNER SET UP BY THE CENTRAL COLUMN, THAT IS ZEIR ANPIN. THE TEST IS by this offering of barley, similar to the secret meaning of the test of the sotah (lit. 'wife suspected of idolatry'). Rabbi Aba spoke, Definitely the edge of the sword is before you. That child replied, I certainly was strengthened with a shield and breastplate to be protected from it. Rabbi Aba said, Isn't the Holy Land clear of any other dominion, WHICH IS THE OTHER SIDE that does not enter therein? AND IF SO, Where did chaff and straw, WHICH ARE KLIPOT, come from?
169. "Who sees the vision of Shadai:" Whoever hears this thinks that he actually used to see what no other visionary saw. HOWEVER, "the vision of Shadai" is one branch of the branches that emerge from the name Shadai. Why IS IT SO? Because among this wisdom OF THEIRS there are seen three BRANCHES, corresponding to the Shin of Shadai that correspond to the three branches OF THE SHIN OF SHADAI, WHICH ARE CHESED, GVURAH AND TIFERET. There are seen CORRESPONDING to the two prophets TWO twigs of the willows, WHICH ARE NETZACH AND HOD that support TIFERET AND corresponding to the 72 branches of the evil eye, WHICH CORRESPONDS TO THE NAME OF 72 OF SANCTITY, THAT IS THE SECRET OF THE BENEVOLENT EYE, to block them, AND ALL THIS EXISTS IN CHOCHMAH OF THE KLIPOT. When Balak came, he said to himself, I will be successful against them, since Amalek attacked them with this wisdom and was successful against them.
399. Bilaam was even more loathsome than Balak. Whatever he knew, he knew only at night. These lower Sfirot and the asses OF THE KLIPOT prevail only at the first watch of the night. AND ON THE FIRST WATCH, A SHE-MULE BRAYS. Therefore, he had a she-mule of that side, so the donkeys could join with her in the beginning of the night.
474. We studied earlier that there are two levels, enchantment and divination. Corresponding to them are TWO KLIPOT OF iniquity and perverseness. Bilaam thought to himself, I definitely discovered the adversaries of Jacob and Yisrael, since iniquity is THE KLIPAH against Jacob that is connected WITH THE SORCERY CALLED 'enchantment.' Perverseness is THE KLIPAH against Yisrael that is connected to 'divination.' When he realized that he could not succeed, he said, Most certainly, "he has not beheld iniquity in Jacob nor has he seen perverseness in Yisrael." What is the reason? Because "Hashem his Elohim is with him..."
490. Here, the same Bilaam began to praise: "How goodly are your tents, O Jacob, and your tabernacles, O Yisrael." How handsome they are and how fine. Afterward, "He shall pour the water out of his bucket," WHICH MEANS that you cannot find a nicer planting than this, the planting of Torah, outside of these dwellings. And "moistening his seed plentifully" (Ibid. 7), WHICH HE MEANT TO BE AMONG THE KLIPOT THAT ARE CALLED 'PLENTIFUL MIGHTY WATERS,' MEANING TO SAY that the Holy Spirit should not grow and increase.