492. In this chamber there is one spirit called 'Situt'riyah', looking like a sapphire glittering on all sides. It is facing both sides, ILLUMINATING RIGHT AND LEFT. From them spreads a glow, like that of a candle, as we explained. IT SHINES upon several sides, NAMELY, FOUR SIDES. Some colors are blazing from this LIGHT of the right side.
493. When the upper firmament, the river that goes and flows from Eden, YESOD OF ZEIR ANPIN, brings out souls to take them to the seventh chamber above, BINAH OF THE CHAMBERS, this seventh chamber receives them. When the holy souls go out of the seventh chamber, they descend until they reach this FIRST chamber, where this holy spirit named Situt'riyah of the right, takes them. And all the male souls, destined to flourish and be clothed by male righteous, WHICH ARE OF the right, are taken BY THAT SPIRIT, and detained until they are comprised with female souls.
494. From this spirit, CALLED 'SITUT'RIYAH', another spirit issues, of the left, which is seen FIRST BY ITSELF, then concealed, included within the first spirit, so they become one, comprising each other. The other spirit is called 'Adiriyah Sanug'ya'. This is a spirit of the left side. Its business is TO RECEIVE FEMALE SOULS, when the seventh chamber yearns to cling to the river that is drawn and goes out, WHICH IS YESOD OF ZEIR ANPIN OF ATZILUT. This desire that mounts from below upwards, produces souls according to its pleasure, and they are female. SINCE THIS SPIRIT IS OF GVURAH AND THE LEFT COLUMN, IT IS CALLED 'ADIRIYAH' (FROM HEB. ADIR, LIT. 'GREAT'), FOR HE IS IMMENSE.
496. When the female souls depart from the seventh chamber, they descend until they reach the spirit of the left called 'Adiriyah'. It is ALSO called "sapphire stone" (Shemot 24:10). FOR THE FIRST SPIRIT, SITUT'RIYAH, IS CALLED 'SAPPHIRE' AND THE SPIRIT OF THE LEFT IS CALLED "SAPPHIRE STONE," as we explained in other ways THE SECRET MEANING OF THE VERSE, "AND THERE WAS UNDER HIS FEET A KIND OF PAVED WORK OF A SAPPHIRE STONE" (IBID.).
500. From THE FLASH OF LIGHTNING one firmament expanded, standing upon two pillars. These two pillars are two Cherubs, METATRON AND SANDALPHON, the one on this side and the other on that side, with a firmament above their heads, as it is written, "Then I looked, and, behold, in the firmament that was above the head of the Cherubs" (Yechezkel 10:1). This is not the firmament above the heads of the living creatures. And the flash of lightning is in charge over THE FIRMAMENT and the high spirit SITUT'RIYAH, included IN ADIRIYAH, in charge over all.
506. These four LETTERS OF ADONAI enter the four LETTERS OF YUD HEI VAV HEI, the ones within the others, as it is written, "The loops opposite one another" (Shemot 26:5), as was explained. It is the mystery of combining them and interlacing them together, according to the secret of that spirit, FLASH, which includes the secret of the Holy Name FROM BOTH, FOR IT COMES FROM THE SPIRIT ADIRIYAH, THE SECRET OF ADONAI, JOINED BY THE SPIRIT SITUT'RIYAH, THE SECRET OF YUD HEI VAV HEI. THEREFORE, it includes the name ADONAI in the name YUD HEI VAV HEI.
507. Everything in this chamber is conducted and travels by the spirits, in the secret of the Holy Name, which rules over all. Within this chamber is THE HOLY NAME Ya'ahadonahi, comprising the two names, YUD HEI VAV HEI ADONAI INTERLACED, since it is a spirit within spirit, AS THERE ARE TWO RULING SPIRITS, SITUT'RIYAH, WHICH IS MALE, AND ADIRIYAH, WHICH IS FEMALE. THE NAME YUD HEI VAV HEI IS OF THE SIDE OF THE MALE SPIRIT, AND THE NAME ADONAI IS OF THE SIDE OF THE FEMALE. Since the name YA'AHADONAHI comprises THE TWO SPIRITS, in the secret of spirit in spirit, that are including each other, and shining within one another; then everything illuminates, and the light goes up and down, as the light of the sun upon the water.
508. When this spirit travels, NAMELY, SITUT'RIYAH, WHO IS INCLUDED IN ADIRIYAH, everything travels because of it, as it is written, "Wherever the spirit was minded to go, they went; they turned not when they went" (Yechezkel 1:12). And when the spirit illuminates with the light of the name, YA'AHADONAHI, all intermingle and bind as one to mount above in the mystery of this Holy Name.
680. This chamber comprises all the lower chambers, and they are included in it. The first chamber, THE SAPPHIRE STONE, where stands the spirit STAT'URIYAH that we mentioned and all the living creatures, is supported by two pillars on the east side, two pillars on the south side, two pillars on the west side, and two pillars on the north side. Altogether there are eight pillars, called 'the pegs of the Tabernacle'. They stand outside.
681. When the Supernal King comes, these pegs travel, uprooted from their place, and from the strings TO WHICH THEY WERE BOUND, which are other eight beside the pegs. The first spirit in that chamber, STAT'URIYAH, hastens to come in and be included in that second spirit OF THE CHAMBER, ADIRIYAH.