1. Ra'aya Meheimna (the Faithful Shepherd). "And they shall fine him a hundred shekels of silver..." (Devarim 22:19). We are commanded to punish whoever defames someone's character. This is the meaning of, "and they shall fine him a hundred shekels of silver, and give them to the father of the girl, because he has brought out an evil name upon a virgin of Yisrael." THE FAITHFUL SHEPHERD SAID, Sages, this applies to after the wedding, since he says, "I found not your daughter a virgin" (Ibid. 17). Not all evil names are alike, since the spies who spread an evil name on the land were punished for it by dying and not meriting it. A woman is like ground, WHICH IS WHY THE SPIES WERE CONSIDERED AS ONE DEFAMING THE CHARACTER OF A WOMAN. It is like the explanation that Esther was the ground.
14. When the Torah was given, her tablets that were likened to virginity were broken. JUST AS VIRGINITY IS A TESTIMONY TO THE VIRGIN'S HONESTY, SO THE TABLETS THAT WERE GIVEN BEFORE THE EYES OF ALL YISRAEL WERE A TESTIMONY TO THE WHOLE TORAH. And the Holy One, blessed be He, again gave her to Yisrael to keep her. And the oral Torah is called Halachah given to Moses on Sinai. MOSES WAS THEREFORE CALLED THE BRIDEGROOM OF THE TORAH. And the groom of the Torah broke her virginity, WHICH IS THE FIRST SET OF TABLETS. Whoever speaks ill of her and says that Torah is not LIKE THE FIRST ONE, since her tablets were broken, the Holy One, blessed be He, will speak to him, who is the girl's father, NAMELY OF that daughter who is IMPLIED in the word Beresheet (In the beginning), SINCE BERESHEET IS SPELLED WITH THE LETTERS OF 'BAT ROSHI (ENG. 'THE DAUGHTER OF MY HEAD'),' TO INDICATE THAT THE TORAH IS the King's daughter. THEN the Holy One, blessed be He, spoke: "And they shall spread the cloth" (Devarim 22:17), and the parchment of the Torah scroll unfolds, and they shall see that it is written in it, "Hew for yourself two tablets of stone like the first, and I will write upon these tablets the words that were on the first tablets, which you did break" (Shemot 34:1).
22. And since Yisrael are included of right and left, BEING OF THE CENTRAL COLUMN, where your Hei and Yud are in a state of completion, it behooves you to unite with her, WITH MALCHUT, between them. And since it says of you, "because he has brought out an evil name upon a virgin of Yisrael," it says of you, "and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days" (Devarim 22:19), NAMELY WHEN SHE IS in exile he may not be away from her all his days.
23. Where is the evil name you brought upon her? After MALCHUT was given to Yisrael, whoever brings out an evil name on Yisrael is as one who brings out an evil name on MALCHUT. And the evil name was in what you said to the Holy One, blessed be He, "Hashem, why does Your wrath burn against Your people" (Shemot 32:11), NAMELY YISRAEL, and the Holy One, blessed be He, said, 'because you spoke ill on Yisrael when they made the golden calf.' "Go, get you down; for your people...have become corrupt" (Ibid. 7), NAMELY YOUR PEOPLE, who are the mixed multitudes whom you converted and who made the golden calf. And therefore, "because he has brought out an evil name upon a virgin of Yisrael," THEN, "she shall be his wife" AS WE SAID.
25. "If a man find a girl that is a virgin, who is not betrothed..." (Devarim 22:28). This precept is to punish the seducer with fifty shekels of silver. This is the meaning of, "If a man find a girl that is a virgin, who is not betrothed:" this is Yisrael, who, from the aspect of the Shechinah is called daughter. "And lay hold of her, and lie with her, and they be found; then the man that lay with her shall give to the girl's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he has humbled her, he may not put her away all his days" (Ibid. 28-29). The sages and all the members of the Yeshivah SAID, "a man" refers to Yisrael from the aspect of the Holy One, blessed be He, WHO IS CALLED A MAN; "and lay hold of her" with the knot of Tefilin, "and lay hold of her" with the Tzitzit. "who is not betrothed," namely an only daughter, who is the soul FOR BY THE KNOT OF TEFILIN AND TZITZIT YISRAEL LAY HOLD OF THEIR SOUL. "And lie with her," namely with the prayer of lying down, that is, 'Hashkivenu (Eng. 'cause us to lie down').' "Shall give to the girl's father fifty shekels of silver," namely 25 LETTERS OF THE MEDITATION OF SH'MA and 25 letters of the meditation OF 'BLESSED BE THE NAME....'
27. According to another explanation, "If a man finds a girl that is a virgin" refers to Yisrael, as it is written, "When Yisrael was a child, then I loved him" (Hoshea 11:1), AND THEY ARE CALLED lad from the aspect of Metatron, NAMELY, THEIR SOULS ARE FROM BRIYAH WHERE METATRON IS. The man is none other than the Holy One, blessed be He, as it is written, "Hashem is a man of war" (Shemot 15:3). "If a man finds a girl that is a virgin," namely the virgin of Yisrael, of whom it says, "The virgin of Yisrael is fallen; she shall no more rise" (Amos 5:2). THE MAN IS THE HOLY ONE, BLESSED BE HE, WHO SEDUCED HER, AS IT IS WRITTEN, "behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness" (Hoshea 2:16). Then He opened for them fifty gates of freedom, which are the fifty gates of mercy of the side of their father Abraham, WHO IS CHESED. This is what is meant by, "shall give to the girl's father fifty shekels of silver," silver being of the grade of Chesed, the grade of Abraham.
62. And when the gulf is open, whoever falls there does not come up. And Messiah, the son of David, fell there together with Messiah, the son of Joseph, of whom one is, "humble, and riding upon an donkey" (Zecharyah 9:9) and the other is, "The firstling of his herd" (Devarim 33:17), who is Messiah, the son of Joseph. This is the meaning of, "if a man shall dig a pit, and not cover it, and an ox or an donkey fall into it" (Shemot 21:33). For that reason the Messiah is called 'the one who fell,' and She, NAMELY THE SHECHINAH, fell with them, and of Her it says, "The virgin of Yisrael is fallen; she shall no more rise" (Amos 5:2). And you, FAITHFUL SHEPHERD, are "the owner of the pit shall make it good, and give money to the owner of them; and the dead (beast) shall be his" (Shemot 21:34). The dead refers to Messiah, the son of Joseph that will be killed.