249. We have learned that ten types of these Chochmot, OF KLIPOT, descended to the world and all WERE GIVEN TO and became unclean in Egypt, except for one that spread THROUGHOUT THE WORLD EXCEPT EGYPT. They consisted of all types of sorcery, and from them the Egyptians knew sorcery more than the rest of mankind. When the Egyptians wished to gather kinds of sorceries for their purposes, they used to go out into the field to the high mountains and offer sacrifices. They made diggings in the ground and surrounded the diggings with blood while the rest of the blood gathered within the diggings. They placed upon it flesh. They offered the sacrifice to evil beings. And these evil beings gathered and approached together, and were appeased by them on that mountain.
252. Rabbi Chiya said the last of these lower unholy Sfirot is that which is mentioned in the verse, "Or one who inquires of the dead" (Devarim 18:11). This is the tenth of all THE SFIROT, NAMELY MALCHUT OF OTHER SIDE. THERE ARE TEN TYPES OF SORCERY IN THE VERSE CORRESPONDING TO THE TEN SFIROT OF THE OTHER SIDE. According to what we have learned, Rabbi Yitzchak said: The souls of evildoers THAT DIED are the demons of the world, AND ABOUT THEM, THE VERSE DESCRIBES "WHO INQUIRES OF THE DEAD."
254. After THE DEMONS go with them through the world, they return them to their graves and they see body worms picking at THEIR flesh. THE SOULS mourn for them, FOR THE BODIES. These sorcerers go to the cemeteries and perform their sorcery, make an image of a human form and slaughter before it a goat. Later, they bring that goat to that grave and that image they shatter to four directions and raise it to the four corners of the grave. Then they perform their sorcery. All these groups assemble with evil kinds and bring this soul, which enters the grave, and speaks with them.
272. Furthermore, when other nations come before their deceased, they come with sorcery to awaken kinds of evil beings. When Yisrael come to their deceased, they come in great repentance before the Holy One, blessed be He, with a broken heart and fasting. All this is done so that the holy souls will ask for mercy for their sake before the Holy One, blessed be He. And the Holy One, blessed be He, shows mercy to the world on their behalf.
405. Anyone who wants to, can perform witchcraft with them on people, due to these DEMONS that derive from them. He who eradicates them, MEANING BURNS THEM, is considered as if he multiplies kindness in the world so that evil Judgments are not present, and that filth will be annuled, and its nails that are marked by it, BY THAT FILTH. We have learned that one who steps by foot or shoes on the nails might be harmed. If it is so with the remnants of what was left of the refuse above, then how much more so the woman that welcomes and joins with the serpent in whom he injected his refuse. Woe to the world who will receive from her AT THIS TIME, SINCE IT RECEIVES from that refuse. "Also you shall not approach to a woman in the impurity of her menstrual flow" (Vayikra 18:19), MEANING NOT TO RECEIVE FROM MALCHUT AT THE TIME THE SERPENT JOINS HER, BECAUSE OF THE SIN OF LOWER BEINGS, AND INJECTS FILTH INTO HER.