557. This spirit is purer and clearer than those below HIM. His name is Zahariel, anointed by the holy anointing oil drawn from the World to Come, BINAH, and it is nourished and grows by it. This alludes to a candle, as it is written, "I have set up a candle for My anointed" (Tehilim 132:17). For he is the set order of lighting candles from below upwards, when light from above, BINAH dwells upon him. Because he is set in order when all those below are included in him, NAMELY, THE CHAMBERS BELOW, MOUNT UP TO HIM, AND THEN "I HAVE SET UP A CANDLE..."
558. When this spirit is set AND ARRANGED by all the lower beings who went up to him, and he shines, he emits one light by the name of Ahadiel, who is included in this spirit, ZAHARIEL. The spirit Ahadiel is underneath the spirit, ZAHARIEL, and anoints all the rising souls, who have a portion in the World to Come, and are worthy of ascending.
559. For when a soul ascends, it first enters the lower chambers, THE CHAMBER OF THE SAPPHIRE STONE, AND THE CHAMBER OF THE VERY HEAVEN. The soul is engraved with the 22 letters of the Torah written upon it. And when the soul is found worthy OF ASCENDING TO THIS CHAMBER, it stands in front of this spirit, ZAHARIEL, and the chief Ahadiel anoints it. It rises and enters the river of fire, and goes up THENCE and is offered as sacrifice TO STAND ALWAYS BEFORE ATIK YOMIN.
560. This light, AHADIEL, comprises three lights, since the anointing oil, THE LIGHT OF BINAH, WHENCE IT CAME, comprises three colors, THE THREE COLUMNS. When this light glitters, 22 lights glitter by it, corresponding to the 22 letters of the Torah, written upon the soul. These 22 lights, are all chiefs and attendants standing WITH AHADIEL, named after the light above them, AHADIEL, and included in it. This light, AHADIEL, together with the 22 lights is included in the spirit ZAHARIEL, who is included in AHADIEL, and seeks to be settled in the fourth chamber.
561. When the spirit ZAHARIEL includes the light AHADIEL and the 22 letters, urging to glitter, one holy living creature comes out combined of two colors of a lion and an eagle. It has one shape, FOR THE SHAPES OF THE LION AND THE EAGLE MERGED INTO ONE, called 'Ahiel'.
562. From the glittering of this holy living creature, when light from the high spirit ZAHARIEL reaches it, four wheels come out, comprising all the colors, LION, OX, EAGLE AND MAN, called 'Had'riel, Yehad'riel, Ahadoriya, Asimon'. They all have eight wings, appointed over the heavenly armies who wage war, for there is no war in the world, nor a kingdom uprooted from its place, unless the heavenly armies and the stars of the rest of the firmaments wage war upon each other. The four wheels stand upon them in the four directions of the world.