102. The fourth chamber: This chamber is different from all other chambers. It contains four chambers one within the other, yet all are one chamber. The spirit who inhabits this chamber is named Zechut (merit), because here all the liabilities of people are transformed into merits. Zechut takes all, AND HE WHO ATTAINS IT CAN FIND GOOD FAVOR FOR HIMSELF AND THE WHOLE WORLD.
103. From this spirit, ZECHUT, seventy lights radiate. They all glitter simultaneously, shining in circles, not spreading out TO SHINE DOWNWARD like other LIGHTS. THOSE LIGHTS cling to one another and shine within one another BECAUSE THEY HAVE SIMLIARITY OF FORM. THEY SHINE WITHIN one another BECAUSE THEY MINGLE TO SHINE AS ONE. THEY CLING TO one another BECAUSE THEY NEED one another TO SHINE. IF ONE IS MISSING, NONE CAN SHINE. All the merits of the world are before those lights. THIS MEANS THAT THROUGH THEIR LIGHT, IT IS SEEN HOW THE FAULTS OF THE WORLD ARE TURNED INTO MERITS. From the totality OF THOSE SEVENTY LIGHTS, two lights emanate, are counted as one, and stand before them always.
106. IN THIS CHAMBER, the spirit ZECHUT has imprinted the three letters Yud-Hei-Vav. When the letters YUD-HEI-VAV cling to the place, MALCHUT REFERRED TO AS PLACE AND DESIGNATED BY THE LOWER HEI as the mating of male and female, THEN THE LETTERS are imprinted on THE SPIRIT and do not depart from there. Then another ray of light extends and radiates in four directions. This light also extends three other LIGHTS, NAMELY CHOCHMAH, BINAH AND TIFERET, which are the three courthouses where judgements are passed in world affairs AND NONCRIMINAL TRANSGRESSIONS. Here, judgments are passed regarding richness and poverty, illnesses and health, and other worldly affairs. One chamber is set aside for the first seventy LIGHTS and is the innermost OF THE FOUR CHAMBERS OF THE FOURTH CHAMBER. There are three OUTER CHAMBERS for the three other COURT ASSEMBLIES.
107. Zechut elevates and, containing all the lower LIGHTS AND THE OTHER THREE LIGHTS, produces one fiery holy living creatures. It has eyes, similar to those of humans, to supervise the thousands upon thousands and tens of thousands armies of administrators of justice. The latter take the verdicts FROM THE COURT and by opening or closing CHANNELS OF SUSTENANCE carry out sentences to the world.
109. The ministers who are charged with managing the world receive their appointment from here. THE APPOINTMENT COMES from the spirit ZECHUT, who has been branded with the three letters YUD-HEI-VAV. From here they are removed from the world and sentenced by this fire that extends FROM THE DINUR RIVER. Sentencing is delivered from this chamber because it has been branded with the three letters YUD-HEI-VAV, within which the spirit is enclosed. This living creatures brings forth innumerable armies and hosts.
114. When a man lies in his sickbed, he is sentenced either to life or to death. Life depends UPON THE SUPERNAL RIVER above AND NOT UPON THE CHAMBER ZECHUT. Indeed, if one is sentenced to life, one is given life from the upper RIVER CALLED MAZAL; if MAZAL does not grant a person life, he does not live. Joyful is the portion of he who adheres to his Master and can enter and leave THIS CHAMBER AS HE WISHES. Here, IN THIS CHAMBER, a prostration is practiced where his face touches the ground so as to subdue the judgment. Of this chamber it is written: "El of truth and without iniquity" (Devarim 32:4).
118. From this BLAZING SPIRIT extend two lights that are really four DIRECTIONS, AS DISCUSSED ABOVE. These lights, which are constantly changing their appearance, are called: "the bright blade of a revolving sword" (Beresheet 3:24). These lights change and turn into the edge of a sword. These LIGHTS stand above THE LIGHTS IN the lower chamber, CALLED THE CHAMBER OF MERIT (ZECHUT). The blade of the sword is situated above the seventy lights of the court assembly IN THE CHAMBER OF MERIT. From this we learn that a sword is hung above the heads of the judges.
134. Isaac, who is the Left COLUMN OF ZEIR ANPIN; THAT IS, GVURAH, takes the chamber of the courthouse, WHICH IS THE FOURTH CHAMBER, from where come all the judgments, and joins it with Zechut. They connect with and complete each other, and they are one, as should be. The other prophets BESIDE MOSES, NAMELY NETZACH AND HOD OF ZEIR ANPIN, receive the two chambers containing the two spirits of Nogah (brightness) and Zohar (splendor), as it is written: "the joints of your thighs are like jewels" (Shir Hashirim 7:1), BECAUSE THE TWO CHAMBERS ARE CONTAINED IN NETZACH AND HOD OF THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE AND ARE LIKE THIGHS, WHICH connect with each other to be one.