94. In the same manner Yisrael is like the sand of the sea. When the other nations, which are like the furious waves of the sea of severe Judgment, see Yisrael bound to the Holy One, blessed be He, they return BACK and are broken before them, and cannot rule the world. Another meaning is that like the sand of the sea, that cannot be numbered or measured, as it is written, "which cannot be measured or numbered" so is Yisrael, who is not numbered nor subject to reckoning.
94. Rabbi Shimon said: I have raised my hands high in prayer. HE PRAYED THAT REVEALING THESE MYSTERIES WOULD PLEASE THE HOLY ONE, BLESSED BE HE. When supernal desire up above, THE SECRET OF KETER OF ARICH ANPIN, is supported by the desire that is not known, nor ever conceived, the head, which conceals more the higher ones, emanates whatever it emanates, and is not known. It illuminates whatever it illuminates, all of it concealed.
95. Come and see: There is a secret and hidden measurement, THE SECRET OF ABA AND IMA. And there is reckoning in a hidden place, concealed and stored, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF YISRAEL - SABA AND TEVUNAH. And it may be measured and numbered. This is the secret of sustenance above and below. For the measurement IN ABA AND IMA, NAMELY, THE AMOUNT OF CHASSADIM IN THEM, the secret of its execution is never known, AND ALSO WE MAY NOT KNOW the basis of the secret of the reckoning IN YISRAEL- SABA AND TEVUNAH. This is the secret of the Faith of all.
96. Yisrael below is not subject to reckoning, but only in a different aspect, NAMELY, COVERED CHASSADIM. The ransom they give, CORRESPONDING TO YISRAEL-SABA AND TEVUNAH, is subject to accounting. And for that reason whenever the children of Yisrael are counted, ransom is taken from them, as we said. Therefore, at the time of David, when he counted Yisrael, and did not take ransom, there was wrath and many hosts and legions of Yisrael perished.
97. For that reason it is written concerning the building of the Tabernacle: "And the silver of them that were numbered of the congregation...for everyone that went to be numbered" (Shemot 38:25), NAMELY, IN THAT SAID RECKONING. All was consecrated to the construction of the Tabernacle. It was established that the talents, "A HUNDRED TALENTS" (Ibid. 27), belong to one account, and the shekels, "A THOUSAND SEVEN HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-FIVE" (IBID. 28), are another account. For the superior ones are numbered by a supernal account, NAMELY, THE LIGHTS OF YISRAEL - SABA AND TEVUNAH, THE SECRET OF BINAH, THE HIGH RECKONING, ARE THE SECRET OF TALENTS. Others are numbered by a different account, THAT IS, THE ACCOUNTS IN ZEIR ANPIN THAT SHINES UPON MALCHUT, the one above and the other below. That is why it is written, "And of the hundred talents of silver were cast the sockets (Heb. adanim) of the sanctuary..." And these sockets were already explained, TO BE THE SECRET OF THE WHOLE MALCHUT CALLED 'ADONAI', THAT RECEIVES FROM THE HIGH RECKONING, NAMELY, FROM BINAH.
98. Again he opened the discussion and said: "A song of ascent of Solomon, unless Hashem builds the house..." (Tehilim 127:2). This verse was uttered by King Solomon when he built the Temple. When he started building, he saw that the work was finished by their hands, but was constructed on its own. Then he said: "Unless Hashem builds the house..." He referred to the secret of the verse, "In the beginning Elohim created" (Beresheet 1:1), for the Holy One, blessed be He created and furnished this world, NAMELY, MALCHUT, with all that is needed.
99. "They who build it labor in vain" (Tehilim 127:2). His builders are the secret of those rivers, THE SFIROT OF ZEIR ANPIN, going out of and into this house, MALCHUT, to prepare whatever is needed. And though all come to fix and construct it, surely, but for Hashem, who is the secret of the high world, BINAH, who prepared and made the house as it should be, all who build it labor in vain. For THE MOST IMPORTANT PART IS what BINAH made and prepared. "Unless Hashem keeps the city" (Ibid.) as it is written, "the eyes of Hashem your Elohim are always upon it, from the beginning of the year to the end of the year" (Devarim 11:12). It was explained, that by that watchfulness, it is kept on all sides.
100. And it is written, "Behold it is his litter, that of Solomon, sixty valiant men are round it, the mighty men of Yisrael" (Shir Hashirim 3:7). THE LITTER OF SOLOMON IS THE SECRET OF MALCHUT. And they all guard it. Why do they guard it? Because "of the fear by night" (Ibid. 8). This is the fear of Gehenom, that is before it. And so that it would be rejected, all are standing around it.
102. These Temples are not lights, nor Ruchot (Eng. 'spirits'), nor Neshamot (Eng. 'souls'), and there is no one to comprehend them. The will of these nine lights, all within the thought, that is counted as one of them, is to chase THE NINE TEMPLES AND GRASP THEM, while they are within the thought. But they do not grasp nor become known, because these pertain to neither will nor to supernal thought. They grasp them, FOR THEY GET MOCHIN FROM THEM, yet do not grasp them, FOR THEY CANNOT BE COMPREHENDED. All the secrets of the Faith are within them. And all the lights coming from the secret of the supernal thought that is underneath are called 'the Endless World', for this far do the lights reach yet do not reach nor become known, for there is no will nor thought in here.