112. The second standard, WHICH IS THE STANDARD OF THE CAMP OF REUBEN, is an armed camp. THAT IS, ACCORDING TO THE SECRET OF THOSE ABLE TO GO TO WAR, OF TWENTY YEARS AND UPWARDS, IN THE ASPECT OF an eagle UNDER THE DOMINATION OF THE ANGEL Uriel, WHO RULES FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF THE CENTRAL COLUMN. THE DIRECTION OF THE STANDARD'S TRAVEL IS TO the south side, WHICH IS THE RIGHT COLUMN AND CHESED. Two chieftains are WITH URIEL, WHICH ARE Shamshiel and Chasdiel. This eagle ascends, with all the winged creatures before him. Many camps ascend from all directions, each individual with the strength of the sun.
113. The spirit of the inner spirit emerges. That spirit reaches the eagle and he raises his wings and covers his body, as it says, "does the hawk fly by your wisdom, and stretch her wings toward the south?" (Iyov 39:26). This eagle quarrels with the dove and the hawk, and all the winged birds are chirping and joyful. One from the front goes from below upwards. Several birds go down and enter, chirping and joyful. They go and wander.
114. When he, THE EAGLE, travels, he extends his right wing and gathers all his legions, those 350,000 winged ones, in two bodies composed of the eagle and the lion together. When he raises a voice, all the others ascend and descend, whistling from their end from several grades.
115. Three heads are together in these camps, SINCE THREE TRIBES ARE IN THE CAMP OF REUBEN. All are in a special count, and the count of these heads IS AS FOLLOWS. One head is 46,500, THE CENSUS OF THE TRIBE OF REUBEN. The second head is 59,300, THE CENSUS OF THE TRIBE OF SHIMON. The third head is 45,650. THAT IS THE CENSUS OF THE TRIBE OF GAD.
116. From the two sides, WHICH ARE EAGLE AND LION, MENTIONED ABOVE, two proclamations go forth to all the camps. When these two, THE SECRET OF THE TWO TRUMPETS, AS SHALL BE EXPLAINED, make their proclamation, the legions and camps, living creatures, and large and small animals all gather. Who has beheld the traveling of all the firmaments along with the camps before the Tabernacle, WHICH IS MALCHUT!
117. One of them, MEANING the one that comes from the lion's side, spreads his voice, MEANING THAT HE BLOWS WITH THE TRUMPETS A T'KIAH, WHICH IS A MONOTONE SOUND - in order not to cause tremors in the sounds, HE BLOWS, BUT RATHER SIMPLE SOUNDS WITHOUT TREMOR. Then all these camps assemble, MEANING IN THE SECRET OF: "AND WHEN THEY SHALL BLOW WITH THEM, ALL THE ASSEMBLY SHALL ASSEMBLE THEMSELVES TO YOU" (BEMIDBAR 10:3). During the time the other calls, MEANING THAT HE BLOWS THE TRUMPETS UNDER THE RULE OF THE ONE COMING FROM THE EAGLE'S SIDE, the sound is broken and not simply elongated, MEANING IT IS THE SOUND OF A T'RUAH. AND THEN all these camps of this eagle congregate to travel on their journeys, MEANING WHAT IS WRITTEN: "WHEN YOU BLOW AN ALARM, THEN THE CAMPS...SHALL GO FORWARD" (IBID. 5). Corresponding to these TWO, WHICH ARE LION AND EAGLE, are two trumpets of silver, since as it APPLIES ABOVE, so it is all down below. Come and behold: when these travel, it is written, "and when the living creatures moved, the wheels went by them" (Yechezkel 1:19). This means those LEGIONS that congregate TO THE APPOINTED ARE REFERRED TO AS THE 'WHEELS,' and as the head observes, MEANING THE CHIEFTAIN, so do all OBSERVE, NAMELY THE LEGIONS UNDER THEM.