79. This is the secret of this matter. There are two grades above in which man should be adorned; they are the secret of Faith, and they are one. The first is the secret of the servant and the other is the secret of the son. THE GRADE OF the servant ABOVE is called 'the master of the whole earth,' WHICH IS THE SECRET OF MALCHUT, AND THE GRADE OF the son ABOVE is as we stated, "Yisrael is My son, My firstborn" (Shemot 4:22), WHICH IS THE SECRET OF ZEIR ANPIN Everything pertains to the one secret of Faith, and it behooves man to be adorned with these grades OF THE SON AND SERVANT ABOVE to be included within the secret of Faith.
80. HE EXPLAINS HIS WORDS. ONE SHOULD BE IN THE GRADE OF the servant, in order to perform the many kinds of works in the prayer e Hhcalled 'service,' like the servant, who is the supernal secret, NAMELY THE SECRET OF MALCHUT, that is never silent, but constantly praises and sings TO ZEIR ANPIN. We have learned that it also applies to other services, for all the services and words PERFORMED throughout the worlds, it is MALCHUT that performs and serves them. MALCHUT is therefore CALLED 'a master,' since she is LIKE a servant that works AND DRAWS VITALITY AND PLENTY TO ALL THE WORLDS. She is THEREFORE called 'master of the whole earth.' In the case of man who is adorned with this secret, THE ASPECT OF THE SERVANT WITHIN MALCHUT, and becomes a servant that does his Master's work, he ascends and becomes adorned to be in this grade OF SERVANT and is also called 'master,' since he blesses this world, MALCHUT, through his actions and preserves it. He is therefore called 'master' TOO.
81. HE NOW INTERPRETS THE GRADE OF THE SON, SAYING: Happy is the portion of the son, who deserves to strive to know his Father's secrets and all the mysteries of His house, like an only child whose father gave him authority over all his secrets. It is to the glory OF THE SON to have power over everything. He who strives in the Torah to know the Holy One, blessed be He, and His mysteries is 'the son of the Holy One blessed be He,' and in all the heavenly hosts, there is none that will stop him from entering his Father's presence at any time he needs to. Happy is his portion throughout the worlds. Therefore, he who strives to know his Father in a particular way, within the secret of Chochmah, MEANING THE CHOCHMAH AT THE RIGHT OF ZEIR ANPIN, is called 'a son.'
82. Among the deeds it behooves man to do for the Holy One blessed be He, there is a service man needs to do in order to be included in them both and become a servant and a son, adorned by the Holy One, blessed be He. What is it? It is the service of prayer, in which it behooves MAN to be a servant and a son, and to be included within THESE TWO supernal grades, Zeir ANPIN AND MALCHUT. It behooves man to work and restore prayer by the secret of the servant, and to work at restoring the worlds, WHICH PERTAINS TO THE GRADE OF THE SERVANT AND THE SECRET OF MALCHUT, so as to cause his desire to cleave to the secret of Chochmah ON THE RIGHT, and to properly cleave to his Master by the supernal mysteries, WHICH IS THE GRADE OF THE SON, THE SECRET OF ZEIR ANPIN.
83. HE EXPLAINS FURTHER. A son is always bound to his father without any separation at all, and no one stops him. A servant does his master's work and corrects the constructions of the worlds. Whoever has both, THE SON AND THE SERVANT, united together, joined as one, such is a man who restores the entire secret of the Faith, WHICH IS MALCHUT, to be wholly WITH ZEIR ANPIN, without any division and joins them all together. This is a man of whom the Holy One, blessed be He, proclaims throughout the hosts and legions of all the worlds and throughout the firmaments, 'Take care of this man, who is trusted of the King, who has all his Master's mysteries in his hands.' Happy is he in this world, and happy is he in the World to Come.
84. From that day onward, that man is known and recorded in all those worlds. In his time of need, all the hosts and legions are ordered to be with him. And the Holy One, blessed be He, needs nothing but him alone, THAT IS, ALL THE WORLDS ARE SUPPORTED BY HIM. A voice stirs AND PROCLAIMS, 'It is well for an only one, THAT MAN, to be with an Only One, THE HOLY ONE, BLESSED BE HE, and for the one to be occupied with the One.'
85. The secret of these two grades, THE SON AND THE SERVANT, I have found in one verse, in which it is written: "and said to me, 'You are My servant, Yisrael, in whom I will be glorified'" (Yeshayah 49:3). "And said to me, 'You are My servant,'" is the grade of the servant, THE SECRET OF THE LEFT COLUMN AND THE ASPECT OF MALCHUT; "Yisrael" is THE GRADE OF the son, THE SECRET OF THE RIGHT COLUMN AND THE ASPECT OF ZEIR ANPIN. When they are united as one, it is written: "in whom I will be glorified." End of Ra'aya Meheimna (the Faithful Shepherd).