236. Rabbi Shimon said: Similarly, Torah, THAT IS, ZEIR ANPIN, is situated between two houses - BETWEEN TWO FEMALES. FOR IMA IS CALLED "HOUSE," as in "For both houses of Yisrael" (Yeshayah 8:14). One is upper and sealed - THE SUPERNAL IMA, BINAH; the other is more revealed. The supernal, SEALED one is the great voice referred to in: "A great voice which was not heard again" (Devarim 5:19).
237. This is an inner voice that cannot be heard or revealed. IT IS NOT HEARD IN THE FORM OF A VOICE AND NOT REVEALED IN SPEECH. It is produced when the palate is connected to the larynx to produce Hei in a SOUNDLESS whisper. This is perpetually produced; it never ceases. It is a very thin inner voice that can never be heard.
238. From this voice, FROM ABA AND IMA, THE GREAT VOICE, Torah, called "the voice of Jacob," NAMELY ZEIR ANPIN, originates. This audible VOICE comes from THE VOICE THAT IS not heard, NAMELY ABA AND IMA. Subsequently, speech is linked to the inner voice. Speech comes AND IS HEARD through the strength and initiative OF JACOB'S VOICE. The voice of Jacob, called Torah, THAT IS, ZEIR ANPIN, is embraced between two females. It is then linked to the inaudible inner VOICE, NAMELY IMA, and to the audible external one, NAMELY THE NUKVA.
239. There are two inaudible VOICES, CALLED CONCEALED CHASSADIM, and two other VOICES that are audible EXTERNALLY. IN THEM - IN THE CHASSADIM - THESE VOICES ARE REVEALED BY THE RADIANCE OF CHOCHMAH. HE EXPLAINS, the two inaudible voices are the supernal and concealed Chochmah, NAMELY ARICH ANPIN, CLOTHED by thought, AND THE SUPERNAL ABA, heard neither in speech nor IN THE ASPECT OF voice. First, it is revealed slightly by an inaudible whisper, AS IN THE ISSUING OF THE LETTER HEI, called the great voice. The great voice is a faint sound emitted secretly, AND IT IS THE SUPERNAL IMA. THOSE ARE THE TWO INAUDIBLE VOICES, ABA AND IMA.
240. The two audible voices are emitted from here, PRODUCED BY THE TWO INAUDIBLE ONES. THOSE ARE the voice of Jacob, NAMELY ZEIR ANPIN, and the speech that cleaves to it, WHICH IS THE NUKVA OF ZEIR ANPIN. The great voice, BINAH, is whispered and not heard. It is a house (Heb. bayit) for the supernal Chochmah, WHICH IS ABA. Because each female is called "House," BINAH IS CALLED "HOUSE." Speech, WHICH IS THE NUKVA OF ZEIR ANPIN, is the house (Bayit) for the Voice of Jacob, which is Torah, OR ZEIR ANPIN. Hence Torah starts with the letter Bet or Beresheet (in Hebrew, both bayit and the letter Bet are spelled in the same way).
241. RABBI SHIMON said that the words "In the beginning Elohim created" correspond to "the side, which Hashem Elohim... had made." THE STRUCTURING OF THE NUKVA BY ABA AND IMA IS INSINUATED HERE. The words "the heaven" CORRESPOND TO THE SECRET OF THE GREAT MALE AND FEMALE IN the words, "and brought her to the man." Likewise, "and the earth" corresponds to "bone of my bones," THE SECRET OF THE SMALLER MALE AND FEMALE. THE SMALL NUKVA, ALLUDED TO IN "AND THE EARTH" is called "the land of the living."