134. Tosefta (addendum). "And the Angel of Elohim...moved..." (Shemot 14:19). Mishnah: Before there was pure air and before it shone, the punctured stones were clogged. Three winds that are included in three were submerged, and water was concealed under the holes. By the 72 letters, these stones returned to their place.
137. There is another bundle above that is engraved with 72 seals of the strong seal ring, and in these the waves of the sea are submerged. When they travel, they divide to four corners. One part rises, FOR IT ILLUMINATES FROM BELOW UPWARDS, THAT IS, THE NUKVA, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF WEST. One part descends, FOR IT ILLUMINATES FROM ABOVE DOWNWARDS WITH THE LIGHT OF CHASSADIM, NAMELY ZEIR ANPIN, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF EAST. One part towards the north, WHICH IS THE LEFT COLUMN, GVURAH, and one part towards the south, WHICH IS THE RIGHT COLUMN, CHESED. When they unite together, there are flaming coals in the blade of the Revolving Sword.
138. One pillar is thrust into the sea. The level, which is a messenger of the supernal state - WHICH IS MALCHUT THAT IS FROM THE CHEST AND HIGHER - rises in this pillar higher and higher, and looks at a distance TO SEE a band of ships floating in the sea. Who observes the waves rising and falling, BECAUSE OF THE JUDGMENTS THAT THEY CONTAIN, and the wind, WHICH IS THE CENTRAL COLUMN, blows on them AND QUIETS THEM, and the fish of the sea, WHICH ARE THE ANGELS, pull all these ships in all directions of the world. IN THIS MANNER IS CHOCHMAH REVEALED.
139. When that level, NAMELY METATRON descended FROM ABOVE THE CHEST, a thousand stand at his right and a thousand stand at his left, MEANING THAT HE DRAWS CHOCHMAH - THAT IS ALLUDED TO IN THE NUMBER 1,000 - BOTH ON HIS RIGHT AND ON HIS LEFT. And he returns FROM THE CHEST AND LOWER, and sits in his place like a king on his throne. When the sea, WHICH IS MALCHUT, swims to the four directions of the world, that level goes out with it and returns with it, and it returns with the establishing of the king.
140. Then announcements are made. Let him, WHO IS OF THOSE who have eyes, raise them higher and higher. Let those who have wings stand firm. Let those who have faces cover their faces until He departs on His journeys. Then, "And the Angel of Elohim...moved." (End of Tosefta).