27. Rabbi Yosi began with the verse, "A psalm, O sing (Heb. shiru) to Hashem a new song; for He has done marvelous things, His right hand, and his holy arm have gained Him the victory" (Tehilim 98:1). The friends explained that this was said by cows, as it is written, "And the cows took the straight way (Heb. vayisharnah)" (I Shmuel 6:12). The word "vayisharnah" also means that they sang (Heb. sharu) a new song. What new song? "A psalm. O sing to Hashem a new song."
28. We should examine this verse carefully. Everything that the Holy One, blessed be He, created in the world offers praises and songs to Him, either above or below. If you thus say THAT THE COWS sang this song, it is assuredly so, for there is a deep secret here. When they carried the Ark, they sang, but once the Ark was taken from them, they again behaved like other cows in the world and did not sing. Surely, the Ark above them made them sing.
29. IT IS WRITTEN, "A psalm" unlike other places, where it is written, 'A psalm of David' or 'David's psalm.' Here David is not mentioned at all, just "a psalm." This is because the Holy Spirit is destined to sing it, when the Holy One, blessed be He, raises Yisrael from the dust. THEREFORE, DAVID IS NOT MENTIONED HERE. Then "O sing to Hashem a new song," for this is a new song that has not been sung since the world was created.
30. Rabbi Chiya said that it is written, "There is nothing new under the sun" (Kohelet 1:9), but lo, this song is new and under the sun, for it will be under the sun. What is this NEW SONG? It is the moon, WHICH IS THE NUKVA. For then the moon will be new under the sun, MEANING THAT ITS LIGHT WILL BECOME AGAIN LIKE THE LIGHT OF THE SUN, WHICH IS ZEIR ANPIN. What is meant by the phrase, "IT WILL BE NEW UNDER THE SUN?" IT IS THE MEANING OF THE VERSE, "For He has done marvelous things." What are these marvelous things? They are "His right hand, and His holy arm have gained Him the victory." THIS IS THE SECRET OF HIS RIGHT AND LEFT HANDS, CHESED AND GVURAH, "have gained Him the victory." For whom did they gain victory? For the grade that sang this song, THE HOLY SPIRIT, WHICH IS THE NUKVA. THE NUKVA was supported by right and left, AS IT IS WRITTEN, "HAVE GAINED HIM THE VICTORY." Therefore "His right hand...gained Him victory," the grade called psalm, NAMELY THE HOLY SPIRIT, WHICH IS THE NUKVA, WHOSE LIGHT WILL BE AS THE LIGHT OF THE SUN. When will that be? When the dead of the world rise from the dust, then what has not yet been done in the world will be new.
31. Rabbi Yosi said, When the Holy One, blessed be He, takes revenge on the world for Yisrael, He will sing this new song, NAMELY AT THE COMING OF THE MESSIAH, WHICH IS NOT THE TIME OF RESURRECTION. For after THE COMING OF THE MESSIAH, the dead of the world will rise from the dust and the world will be completely renewed. It will be different in that death will not rule the world, as it had since the serpent brought death to all, defiled the world, and darkened the faces of men.