1. "And Elohim spoke to Moses and said to him, 'I am Hashem and I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, by the name of El Shadai...'" (Shemot 6:2-3). Rabbi Aba opened the discussion saying, "Trust in Hashem forever (Heb. adei ad), for Yah Hashem is an everlasting rock" (Yeshayah 26:4). "Trust in Hashem" MEANS THAT all the people of the world have to strengthen themselves in the Holy One, blessed be He, and trust in Him.
2. HE ASKS, If so, what is the meaning of "adei ad"? AND ANSWERS, It means that the strength of a person should be in the place which sustains and connects everything, and which is called "ad," WHICH IS ZEIR ANPIN, as it is written, "In the morning he shall devour the prey (Heb. ad)" (Beresheet 49:27). "Ad" is the place that unites this side and that side, MEANING THAT IT IS THE CENTRAL COLUMN THAT CONNECTS THE RIGHT SIDE AND THE LEFT SIDE TO EACH OTHER, for sustenance and connecting, NAMELY, SO THAT THE TWO COLUMNS ARE SUSTAINED, AND THEIR ILLUMINATIONS ARE LINKED TO EACH OTHER, a connection that will not be destroyed.
3. And everything directs its desire towards "Ad," as it is written, "to (Heb. ad) the utmost bound (or desire) of the everlasting hills" (Beresheet 49:26). Who are the everlasting hills? These are the two matriarchs, MEANING BINAH AND MALCHUT, WHICH ARE females AND ARE CALLED Jubilee and Sabbatical year. BINAH IS CALLED YOVEL (ENG. JUBILEE) AND MALCHUT SHMITAH (ENG. SABBATICAL YEAR), and both are called "everlasting hills (lit. 'hills of the world')." EACH ONE OF THEM IS CALLED A HILL OF THE WORLD. THEY ARE CALLED 'world' as you say "from everlasting to everlasting (lit. 'from the world to the world')" (Tehilim 106:48), MEANING BINAH AND MALCHUT, FOR BOTH ARE CALLED 'WORLD.'
4. And they desire Ad, WHICH IS ZEIR ANPIN, SINCE BEING THE CENTRAL COLUMN, it sustains all sides, MEANING THE RIGHT SIDE AND THE LEFT SIDE. AND THEREFORE, Jubilee, WHICH IS BINAH, desires Ad, to adorn it WITH THE TOP THREE SFIROT, and to pour on it blessings, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF THE ABUNDANT FLOW OF CHASSADIM, and to pour sweet springs onto it, WHICH ARE THE SECRET OF CHOCHMAH SWEETENED WITH CHASSADIM. This is the meaning of, "Go forth, O daughters of Zion, and behold King Solomon with the crown with which his mother crowned him" (Shir Hashirim 3:11). KING SOLOMON (HEB. SHLOMO) IS THE SECRET OF THE KING THAT THE PEACE (HEB. SHALOM) IS HIS, WHICH IS ZEIR ANPIN; HIS MOTHER IS THE SECRET OF BINAH. Sabbatical year, WHICH IS MALCHUT, desires Ad, THAT IS ZEIR ANPIN, to be blessed by it and to illuminate from it. THUS the everlasting hills, WHICH ARE BINAH AND MALCHUT, assuredly desire Ad, THE ONE TO POUR ON IT ITS ABUNDANCE AND THE OTHER TO RECEIVE.
5. Therefore THE VERSE SAYS, "Trust in Hashem forever" (Yeshayah 26:4), WHICH IS ZEIR ANPIN. For from there up, NAMELY CHOCHMAH AND BINAH, WHICH ARE ABOVE ZEIR ANPIN, the place is covered and hidden, as none can conceive it. It is a place from which the worlds, WHICH ARE MALE AND FEMALE, emerge and are formed. This is the meaning of, "For Yah Hashem is an everlasting rock." YAH IS CHOCHMAH, YUD HEI VAV Hei IS BINAH, AND THEY DESIGN AND PRODUCE THE WORLDS THAT ARE MALE AND FEMALE. This place is hidden and concealed. Therefore, THE SCRIPTURE SAYS, "Trust in Hashem forever (Heb. adei ad)," TO TEACH that up to here, TO ZEIR ANPIN WHICH IS CALLED AD, everyone is permitted to observe. From here and further, MEANING IN CHOCHMAH AND BINAH AS MENTIONED, no one is permitted to observe because it is concealed from everyone. And what is THE PLACE THAT IS PROHIBITED TO BE OBSERVED-IT IS Yah, Yud Hei Vav Hei, WHICH ARE CHOCHMAH AND BINAH whence all the worlds were formed, and no one is able to understand that place, IN ORDER TO CONCEIVE ANYTHING.
6. Rabbi Yehuda said, The scripture proves this, THE PRECLUSION OF UNDERSTANDING ABOVE ZEIR ANPIN. For it is written, "For ask now the days that are past...FROM ONE SIDE OF HEAVEN (WHICH IS ZEIR ANPIN) TO THE OTHER" (Devarim 4:32). SO IT IS EXPRESSED IN THE SCRIPTURE THAT QUESTIONING AND UNDERSTANDING PERTAIN ONLY TO THE LEVEL OF HEAVEN, WHICH IS ZEIR ANPIN, FROM ONE SIDE TO THE OTHER. Up to here, one is permitted to observe, but from here and further, MEANING ABOVE ZEIR ANPIN, no one can comprehend it.
7. Another explanation OF THE PASSAGE, "Trust in Hashem forever" IS THAT a person has to strengthen himself in the Holy One, blessed be He, throughout his life. No one can harm one who properly places his trust and strength in Him, since one who places his strength in the Holy Name endures forever.
8. HE ASKS, What is the reason, AND ANSWERS, since the world endures by His Holy Name. This is the meaning of, "For Yah Hashem is an everlasting (lit. 'worlds') rock (Heb. tzur)" (Yeshayah 26:4), WHICH MEANS the former (Heb. tzayar) of worlds. For by two letters were the worlds created, this world and the World to Come. This world was created with Judgment and is maintained, NAMELY EXISTS, on Judgment. This is the meaning of, "In the beginning Elohim created" (Beresheet 1:1), AS THIS NAME ALLUDES TO JUDGMENT. The reason is so that people would conduct themselves according to judgment (law) and would not digress from the path.
9. Come and see, It is written, "And Elohim spoke to Moses" (Shemot 6:1). THE NAME ELOHIM ALLUDES TO the decree of Judgment that is looming over him. It is written before, "And Moses returned to Hashem, and said, Adonai" (Shemot 5:22) spelled Aleph Dalet Nun Yud, WHICH IS THE NAME OF MALCHUT. See the strength of Moses, THAT AS SOON AS he started prophesying, his spirit did not rest at this place, WHICH IS MALCHUT. He said, "Adonai, why have You dealt ill with this people? why is it that You have sent me? for since I came to Pharaoh to speak in Your name he has done evil to this people; neither have You delivered your people at all" (Ibid. 22-23). Who CAN talk like this? Only Moses who knew that a another, higher level THAN MALCHUT was intended for him, BECAUSE HE WAS A CHARIOT TO ZEIR ANPIN, WHICH IS THE HUSBAND OF QUEEN.
10. Rabbi Yitzchak said, at first, the house, WHICH IS MALCHUT, was given to him, FOR BEING A CHARIOT TO ZEIR ANPIN, WHICH IS THE HUSBAND OF MALCHUT, HE MERITED THE LEVEL OF MALCHUT AS HIS HOUSE, AS IT IS A HOUSE FOR ZEIR ANPIN. THEREFORE, he commanded it like a man would command his household, and spoke whatever he wished to without fear. Moses too spoke to his household, WHICH IS MALCHUT, without fear.