84. "And Hashem said to Moses, 'Fear him not'" (Bemidbar 21:34). Rabbi Yehuda opened the discussion with the verse: "she is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet" (Mishlei 31:21). Come and behold: the assembled Congregation of Yisrael nourishes from both sides, sometimes from Compassion and sometimes from Judgment. When it wishes to nourish from Compassion, there is a place WHERE COMPASSION will dwell. When it wishes to nourish from Judgment, there is room so THAT JUDGMENT will dwell and prevail on him. This is always the case. Nothing prevails from above until the room exists for it to dwell upon. Therefore, the Congregation of Yisrael "is not afraid of the snow for her household." What is the reason? It is because "all her household are clothed in scarlet." That one does not dwell only in that one, white in red, and red in white. And that was already established.
85. "And Hashem said to Moses, 'Fear him (Heb. oto) not.'" Twice IN THE TORAH IS FOUND, "OTO (ALEPH-VAV-TAV-VAV)," which is spelled out fully, with two Vavs. Once here and once in the verse: "until your brother seek after it (Heb. oto)" (Devarim 22:2). What is the reason? It is because THEIR MEANING IS an actual letter (Heb. ot) and they ARE NOT DERIVED FROM THE PARTICLE ET. "...Until your brother seeks after it..." MEANS that he is required to define and spell out the SIGN AND mark (Heb. ot) of that lost item.
86. Here too, it is Og who joined Abraham and he is from the people of his household. When Abraham was circumcised, it was it is written: "and all the men of his house" (Beresheet 17:26). That is Og, who was also circumcised with him and received that Holy Sign (Heb. ot). As soon as Og saw Yisrael approaching him, he thought to himself, 'I have certainly performed that precept that stands up for them,' SINCE HE WAS ALREADY CIRCUMCISED BEFORE OUR PATRIARCH ISAAC. And he placed this before him, AS SECURITY.
87. At that moment, Moses was afraid. How could he uproot the impression that Abraham made? He thought: 'Assuredly, my right hand, WHICH IS AARON, is dead, since the right is necessary TO WIN this.' It may be said that Elazar is here, who is the right of the moon, NAMELY, OF MALCHUT, but not mine, SINCE HE IS NOT THE RIGHT OF ZEIR ANPIN, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF MOSES, AS WAS AARON. That sign OF OG is to the right OF ZEIR ANPIN, since Abraham is the right OF ZEIR ANPIN.
88. Immediately, the Holy One, blessed be He, said, "Fear him not." Do not fear his sign, and even for the right there is no need. "For I have delivered him into your hand" (Ibid.). Your left will uproot him from the world, since he, OG, defiled the sign of his Covenant, and whoever makes a flaw in the sign of the Covenant is fit to be uprooted from this world ON HIS OWN. Of course, your left, that is, "your hand," will uproot him from the world. That is why he was uprooted from the world. Even though he was mighty from the sons of the mighty, and THOUGH he wanted to destroy Yisrael, he fell into the hands of Moses and was annihilated.
89. That is why Yisrael have annihilated all of them, his children, his people and everything belonging to them, as it is written: "so they smote him, and his sons, and all his people" (Bemidbar 21:35). It is also written: "and we smote him, and his sons (Heb. banav)" (Devarim 2:33). It is written, "banav," without a Yud, INDICATIVE OF PLURALITY, yet it is pronounced Banav (plur.). This has already been explained by the friends.
90. Happy are the children of Yisrael that Moses the prophet was among them, since the Holy One, blessed be He, performed all these signs for his sake, as we have explained. The Holy One, blessed be He, did not make His Covenant with the rest of the nations to be connected to them, only with Yisrael, who are the children of Abraham. About the children of Yisrael, it is written: "between...your seed after you in their generations for an everlasting Covenant" (Beresheet 17:7), and: "'as for Me, this is My Covenant with them,' said Hashem; 'My spirit that is upon you...shall not depart out of your mouth...'" (Yeshayah 59:21).