154. The twelfth Correction (formation): The hairs do not hang over the mouth and the mouth is clear OF ANY HAIR on all sides. The hairs are tidy round about THE MOUTH, in order that there should be no inconvenience, as it aught to be.
155. HE ASKS: What does he mean by this inconvenience? HE REPLIES THAT HE MEANS Judgment, because there is inconvenience in a place of Judgment. HE ASKS: Then, are the hairs of the beard IN ARICH ANPIN an inconvenience or are they Judgment, since everything in the beard seems to be of Mercy? HE REPLIES: THE REASON WHY THE MOUTH IS CLEARED OF HAIR is in order not to interfere with the inhalation of Zeir Anpin.
156. We have learned from this uppermost holy mouth, WHICH IS the Holy of Holies, that the breath comes. What is breath? HE REPLIES: It is the breath that is sent to rouse in him, IN ARICH ANPIN, THAT IS DRAWN FROM THE UNKNOWN HEAD TO HIS MOUTH and in which Zeir Anpin is dressed. THE BREATH BLOWS FROM THE MOUTH OF ARICH ANPIN TO THE MOUTH OF ZEIR ANPIN AND ZEIR ANPIN BECOMES ATTIRED IN IT. From this breath, all below are clothed, BECAUSE THEY RECEIVE IT THROUGH THE MOUTH OF ZEIR ANPIN. When this breath exits FROM THE MOUTH OF ARICH ANPIN, it splits up into 37,000 directions, WHICH IS THE NUMERICAL EQUIVALENT OF HEVEL (ENG. 'BREATH') THAT ALLUDES TO THE AIR EXHALED FROM THE MOUTH. Each one individually spreads to its place, and whoever deserves and is worthy to dress up in it is clothed. Therefore, there is not one hair on the holy mouth OF ARICH ANPIN, because his breath emanates THROUGH THERE. No other matter needs to be mixed up in it or approach it.
157. This BREATH OF THE MOUTH is hidden from everything since it does not adhere above or below. It is concealed within that which is the most concealed and unknown, the one that was not shaped and had no Correction (formation). Therefore, the breath that emanates from the one on the outside THAT IS ZEIR ANPIN, in which the true prophets were clothed, is referred to as the mouth of Hashem. However, in the most ancient among the ancient, ARICH ANPIN, THE MOUTH is not defined, since there exists no one who could comprehend his spirit besides himself. Therefore, his hairs are even around the mouth and the mouth itself is clear on all sides.
158. The patriarchs trusted in this, in being dressed in this breath that spreads to various directions in the place where all the hair is even around it. IT IS THROUGH THIS THAT THE BREATH BLOWS FROM THERE TO ZEIR ANPIN WITHOUT ANY INCONVENIENCE, as it is written: "As you have sworn to our fathers" (Michah 7:20). That is the twelfth most holy Correction (formation), because twelve boundaries above were lowered in succession from here, IN CHESED, GVURAH AND TIFERET of ZEIR ANPIN, twelve boundaries below IN MALCHUT, and twelve boundaries to the twelve tribes of our fathers. This is what is said: "As you have sworn to our fathers."