159. The thirteenth Correction (formation): The hairs hang under the beard from both sides in fine glory and splendid dignity, and cover to the navel. THAT IS THE ENTIRE BOTTOM AREA OF THE BEARD THAT IS INVISIBLE TO THE EYE. Nothing is apparent from the face of the fragrant offering except for these TWO pretty white apples, WHICH ARE THE SECRET OF THE SEVENTH CORRECTION (FORMATION), AS MENTIONED ABOVE.
160. Rabbi Shimon said: Blessed is the lot of whoever is in this supernal Idra Kadisha (Eng. 'holy chamber') in which we are. Blessed is his portion in this world and the World to Come, since we dwell in uppermost holiness and supernal fire encircles us. Behold, all the entire uppermost Corrections (formations) of the holy beard were established and adorned and returned to their place.
161. This thirteenth Correction (formation) is an appropriate Correction (formation) in which all CORRECTIONS (FORMATIONS) are included. All long and desire to raise their head towards it, MEANING TO RECEIVE FROM THEM THE FIRST THREE SFIROT, WHICH ARE REFERRED TO AS THE HEAD. All these CORRECTIONS (FORMATIONS) that are attached to Zeir Anpin originate in it, MEANING THAT HIS CORRECTIONS (FORMATIONS) ARE RECEIVED FROM THIS BEARD. Higher and lower beings are dependent upon it. The upper and lower treasures are concealed in it and contained within and it is the star from which everyone can benefit and have good luck. This is the perfect Correction (formation) that finalizes and completes all the other Corrections (formations). This fulfills and completes everything, BECAUSE THIS IS THE SECRET OF MALCHUT THAT PERFECTS AND COMPLETES ALL THE SFIROT.
162. We have learned that these Corrections (formations) are called days of old, ancient primordial days. Those CORRECTIONS (FORMATIONS) that are in Zeir Anpin are referred to as "days of the world" (Yeshayah 63:9). We have learned that these days of old are all formed in the Correction (formation) of the beard of the most ancient among the ancient, the most concealed among the concealed. This thirteenth CORRECTION (FORMATION) includes them, as we have said, and this day, WHICH IS THE THIRTEENTH CORRECTION (FORMATION), is not included among them but rather contains and comprises all of them.
163. The period during which Atik Yomin will awaken with the Corrections (formations) above THE BEARD is referred to as one day, in which the beard will be glorified, as it is written: "One particular day which shall be known as Hashem's" (Zecharyah 14:7). That particular day alone is more special than anything, because it contains everything and is referred to by a specific name. THAT IS ONE DAY.
164. We have learned that in a place where there is day, there is night, because there is no day without night. During that period, it will be a time of the beard's glory and it alone will be present. It is called neither day nor night, since it is only called day from our perspective and it is only called night from our perspective. Because this Correction (formation) includes everything, nothing is known or apparent of it BEFORE THE TIME IT IS REFERRED TO AS ONE DAY, EXCEPT that from it the anointing oil flows to the thirteen aspects of the springs for those below that illuminate with that oil.
165. With these thirteen Corrections (formations), the most holy beard above is established and the Corrections (formations) of this beard are prepared and flow down TO ILLUMINATE in several directions. It is not seen how they spread and come out, BECAUSE THEY ARE totally concealed and hidden from all. There is no one who can designate a place for this Atik. In the unfolding of these CORRECTIONS (FORMATIONS), everything is included, as we said that He is known yet unknown, hidden yet not hidden, MEANING TO SAY THAT HE IS ESSENTIALLY UNKNOWN AND HIDDEN. BUT BY HIS SPREADING CORRECTIONS (FORMATIONS) HE IS KNOWN. About this, it is written: "I am Hashem: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another" (Yeshayah 42:8), and "It is he who made us, and we belong to him" (Tehilim 100:3) and, "And an ancient of days did sit" (Daniel 7:9), MEANING he stays in his place and there is no ONE who knows him. He is sitting yet not present. It is written: "I will praise you; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." (Tehilim 139:14).