193. We have learned that in the skull of the head OF ZEIR ANPIN, thousands of thousands of ten thousands and ten thousands of ten thousands locks of black hair hang and are entangled one in the other. They blend into one another and there is no accounting of these strands that are attached to each individual lock OF HAIR, BECAUSE THEY ARE BOTH pure and defiled. From here are attached reasons and explanations of the Torah relating to defilement and purity, in all these aspects that are clean and all the aspects that are unclean.
194. The HAIR locks are situated ON THE SKULL OF ZEIR ANPIN, are entangled ONE IN THE OTHER and ARE strong. Some are soft and some are coarse. In each individual lock are situated wavy strands OF HAIR, glowing and hanging like strong mighty man victorious in battles, in a nice arrangements, a beautiful mighty arrangement. They are great and strong, as it is written: "Excellent as the cedars" (Shir Hashirim 5:15).
195. The hair locks are shaped and hang in wavy curls from one side to the other side of the skull. This is what is written: "His locks are wavy" (Ibid. 11). We have learned that they are placed hanging in curls, because they flow forth from great springs of the three divisions of the brains. From the spring of the first space in the skull, THAT IS, CHOCHMAH OF ZEIR ANPIN, hairs are going forth continuously and are formed in curls coming from several sources that flow forth from this space. From the second space, WHICH IS BINAH OF ZEIR ANPIN, fifty sources spring forth, and the hairs carry on continuously from these sources and form waves that hang and blend in other locks. From the third space go forth thousands of thousands of rooms and chambers, and the hairs flow forth continuously from all. Therefore, these locks are curls upon curls.
196. All the transmissions that issue forth from these three spaces in the brain of the skull, and all these threads OF HAIR and all these locks hang over and cover the sides of the ears. Therefore, it is written: "O my Elohim, incline your ear, and hear" (Daniel 9:18). From these curls come out right and left, light and darkness, Mercy and Judgment. All ASPECTS OF right and left depend on Zeir Anpin, but not on Atik THAT IS ARICH ANPIN.
197. When the hairs part TO RIGHT AND LEFT, a narrow path is apparent IN THE MIDDLE that join this path of Atik Yomin. From this path IN ZEIR ANPIN, 613 paths separate that divide into the ways of the Torah commandments. THAT IS TO SAY THAT EACH INDIVIDUAL COMMANDMENT OF THE 613 PRECEPTS IN THE TORAH IS FLOWING FORTH FROM THAT CENTRAL COLUMN, WHICH IS AMONG THE HAIRS IN ZEIR ANPIN, as it is written: "All the paths of Hashem are mercy and truth to such as keep his covenant and his testimonies" (Tehilim 25:10).
198. We have learned that in every individual hair lock are grasped thousands of thousands of those who wail and lament and hang on to each lock of rough HAIRS. From those soft hairs flow forth the balancing ones - THAT IS, THOSE WHO FOLLOW THE CENTRAL COLUMN. Therefore, there is right and left IN THE HAIR.