34. The forehead of the skull OF ARICH ANPIN is referred to as desire (will), because the will of all wills appears on that forehead. Corresponding to this, it is written below: "It shall always be upon his forehead, that they may be accepted (desired)... " (Shemot 28:38). That brow that is called desire is the revelation OF THE LIGHTS of the whole head and skull, which are concealed in 410 worlds.
35. When THIS FOREHEAD is revealed, the prayers of Yisrael are accepted. When is it revealed? Rabbi Shimon remained silent, IN ORDER THAT ONE OF THE FRIENDS WOULD RESPOND. He asked again: When? THEY DIDN'T ANSWER HIM. Rabbi Shimon asked his son Rabbi Elazar: When will THE FOREHEAD be revealed? He said to him: During the time of the Minchah prayer of Shabbat. RABBI SHIMON asked him: What is the reason THAT THE BROW IS REVEALED DURING MINCHAH OF SHABBAT? RABBI ELAZAR responded: Because during this time in the weekdays, Judgment hangs below in Zeir Anpin, SINCE ISAAC, WHO IS THE SECRET OF THE LEFT COLUMN OF ZEIR ANPIN, WAS THE AUTHOR OF THE MINCHAH PRAYER. AND JUDGMENTS COME FORTH FROM THE ILLUMINATION OF CHOCHMAH ON THE LEFT. But on Shabbat, IT IS REVERSED, SINCE the brow OF ARICH ANPIN is revealed that is called desire. At that moment, anger is soothed and goodwill (lit. 'desire') abides, and the prayer is accepted. This is what is mean by: "But as for me, let my prayer be unto you, Hashem, in an acceptable time (lit. 'time of desire')" (Tehilim 69:14), since the time of goodwill is from the Ancient of Days, so as to reveal the brow. For this reason, it was decided that this verse be mentioned in the Minchah prayer of Shabbat. Rabbi Shimon said to his son Rabbi Elazar: Blessed shall you be my son, before the Ancient of Days. You should find goodwill from the brow when you will need it.
36. Come and see for the rest down below. When the brow is revealed, you find insolence. This is what is written: "And you did have a harlot's forehead, you did refuse to be ashamed" (Yirmeyah 3:3). But here IN ARICH ANPIN when the forehead is revealed, love and goodwill are found there, and all kinds of anger are silenced and subdued before it.
37. From this brow below, four hundred courts of judgment illuminate, WHICH ARE THE SECRET OF CHOCHMAH AND BINAH, TIFERET AND MALCHUT THAT ARE DRAWN FROM THE LEFT COLUMN OF IMA TO ZEIR ANPIN, OF WHICH EACH IS A HUNDRED IN NUMBER. When this time of goodwill is revealed IN THE FOREHEAD OF ARICH ANPIN, everything is silenced in his presence. This is what is said: "They sat in judgment (also: 'judgment is seated)" (Daniel 7:10), MEANING IT REMAINS IN PLACE AND THE SENTENCE IS NOT CARRIED OUT. We have learned that there are no hairs at that location IN THE BROW because it is revealed and does not get concealed, LIKE IN THE SKULL THAT IS FILLED WITH HAIRS. It is revealed in order that the litigants should reflect and quiet down and THE TRIALS will not be carried out.
38. We have learned that this forehead spreads out into 270,000 light candles that illuminate from the supernal Eden; EDEN MEANING CHOCHMAH. We have learned that there is an Eden that illuminates on Eden. The most supernal Eden, WHICH IS THE CONCEALED CHOCHMAH OF ARICH ANPIN, is not revealed, but is superbly concealed, MEANING WITH A SURROUNDING MEMBRANE OF AIR. It does not divide into paths, as we have explained. THAT IS, ITS ILLUMINATION DOES NOT ESCAPE, and that Eden below parts into 32 paths OF CHOCHMAH.
39. Through this Eden BELOW, BINAH divides into its paths, TO THE 32 PATHS OF CHOCHMAH. There is no one to grasp it except Zeir Anpin. Nobody grasps the Eden above nor its paths besides Arich Anpin. This is what is written: "And Elohim understands its way, and he knows its place" (Iyov 28:23). "Elohim understands its way" refers to the Eden below, which Zeir Anpin knows, BUT NO OTHER BUT HE BESTOWS HER TO THE MALCHUT. "And he knows its place" refers to the Eden above, WHICH IS CONCEALED CHOCHMAH OF ARICH ANPIN that the Atik Yomin (Eng. 'Ancient of Days') knows, the most concealed of all. IT DOES NOT BESTOW IT BELOW.