124. Rabbi Chiya commenced to say after him, "And when you shall come to the land, and shall have planted all manner of trees for food... But in the fourth year all its fruit shall be holy for praisegiving to Hashem" (Vayikra 19:23-24). "And when you come to the land;" the friends have established this. But come and behold: a tree, THE SECRET OF ZEIR ANPIN, produces fruits only in the soil, DENOTING MALCHUT. The earth brings them forth, and shows those fruits to the world. The earth produces fruits only from another force above it, MEANING FROM ZEIR ANPIN, just as every female produces fruits only as a result of the force of the male.
125. And that fruit, WHICH MALCHUT CALLED 'EARTHPRODUCES, does not become completed in its fullness for three years, MEANING UNTIL MALCHUT RECEIVES THREE COLUMNS FROM ZEIR ANPIN. The force upon it is appointed above until its completion. After completion, its force is then appointed upon it, and then the earth is established by it. Prior to three years, MEANING BEFORE RECEIVING ALL THREE COLUMNS, the earth is not yet established by it, WITH ZEIR ANPIN, and not completed with him. After MALCHUT is perfected and set together, then there is perfection.
126. Come and behold: the Female, NAMELY MALCHUT, before she becomes pregnant three times, the fruit of her stomach, NAMELY THE SOUL, is not complete. FOR IT IS NECESSARY THAT THERE BE IN HER THE THREE COLUMNS, AND IN EACH COLUMN THREE COLUMNS - BECAUSE THREE PREGNANCIES CORRESPOND TO THE THREE COLUMNS, AND IN EACH PREGNANCY TRHERE ARE THREE COLUMNS. After three pregnancies, the Female is established by that fruit and they are reconciled. THIS IS BECAUSE ZEIR ANPIN IS RIGHT, MALCHUT IS LEFT, AND THEY ARE IN AGREEMENT ONLY BY MEANS OF THE CENTRAL COLUMN THAT INCLUDES THREE COLUMNS, SINCE IN EACH COLUMN THERE ARE THREE COLUMNS. Then that fruit, MEANING THE SOUL, is the perfection of it all and the beauty of it all. And after THE FRUIT emerges AND SPROUTS FROM IT, before three years, it has no force from above, BECAUSE THE FRUIT ON ITS OWN ALSO NEEDS THE ILLUMINATIONS OF THE THREE COLUMNS LIKE MALCHUT, THE SECRET OF THREE YEARS. Then its growth is completed. THEREFORE, PRIOR TO THIS THEY ARE THE UNCIRCUMCISED YEARS. And Levi, WITH THREE PREGNANCIES PASSED OVER HIM, was the chosen OF ALL THE TRIBES, as he is third for his mother. By him she was set and with him she was made fragrant.
127. After three years, a supernal force from above is appointed upon it, "But in the fourth year all its fruit shall be holy for praisegiving." What is meant by, "holy for praisegiving?" IT MEANS praises with which to praise the Holy One, blessed be He. Until this point IS THE LITERAL INTERPRETATION. From this point on, LET US EXPLAIN the secret of the matter. In the fourth year, the Congregation of Yisrael, NAMELY, MALCHUT, is paired with the Holy One, blessed be He, DENOTING ZEIR ANPIN, and one joy is prevalent, as it is written: "holy for praisegiving," MEANING giving praise and joy at the same time.
128. HE QUESTIONS: What is the fourth year? AND HE ANSWERS: It is the Holy One, blessed be He, DENOTING ZEIR ANPIN. We learned that the fourth year refers to the Congregation of Yisrael, DENOTING MALCHUT, as she is the fourth leg of the Throne. THE THREE COLUMNS, CHESED, GVURAH AND TIFERET OF ZEIR ANPIN, ARE THE THREE LEGS OF THE SUPERNAL THRONE, AND MALCHUT IS THE FOURTH LEG OF THE THRONE. THERE IS NO CONTRADICTION AGAINST WHAT WAS SAID, THAT THE FOURTH YEAR REFERS TO THE HOLY ONE, BLESSED BE HE, as all is one, since the Holy One, blessed be He, pairs Himself with the Congregation of Yisrael. AND SO, YOU CAN CALL HIM ZEIR ANPIN, AND CALL HIM MALCHUT. Then there is Holiness, and holy praisegiving. Then the hosts are appointed over the world upon each thing, as is proper for it. From this point are all blessed and it is permissible to eat THE FRUITS as now everything is in perfection; there is perfection above and below, MEANING PERFECTION OF ZEIR ANPIN AND MALCHUT.
129. And until everything is completed from above and below, it is forbidden to eat of it. He who does eat of it is considered like one who has no share in the Holy One, blessed be He, and the Congregation of Yisrael since that fruit exists without holy supernal authority, NAMELY ZEIR ANPIN, because this will not hover over it until it is perfected. And it is without authority from below, NAMELY MALCHUT, since the earth force did not ripen with it PRIOR TO THE PASSING OF THE FOURTH YEAR, SINCE THE COUPLING OF ZEIR ANPIN AND MALCHUT HAS NOT YET TAKEN PLACE, AS EARLIER MENTIONED. He who eats of it shows that he has no share of the above and below, ZEIR ANPIN AND MALCHUT. If he made a blessing over it, it is considered a blessing in vain, as up to this point the Holy One, blessed be He, does not hover over him and he has no share in Him. May the Merciful One save us from those who are not mindful of the honor of their Master.
130. Fortunate are the righteous in this world and the next. About them is written: "But the path of just men is like the gleam of sunlight" (Mishlei 4:18). At that time, IN THE FUTURE TO COME, the serpent that dwelt before with the Female will depart, MEANING WHO WAS NURTURING FROM MALCHUT, and instead the Male will come to hover in its place as before - MEANING WITH A UNION THAT WILL NOT CEASE, AS THERE WILL BE NO ONE TO SET APART THIS MATING. And everything will be perfect.