130. Because of this, BECAUSE THE SOULS ARE THE FRUIT OF THE HANDIWORK OF THE HOLY ONE, BLESSED BE HE, on each and every night, the souls of the righteous rise up TO THE GARDEN OF EDEN. And at midnight, the Holy one, blessed be He, comes to the Garden of Eden to delight Himself with them. With whom DOES HE DELIGHT HIMSELF? IS IT WITH THE SOULS OF THE LIVING OR THE DECEASED? Rabbi Yosi answers, With them all! With those who dwell in that World OF TRUTH, and with those who dwell in this world. Together, with them all, the Holy One, blessed be He, finds delight at midnight in the Garden of Eden.
131. Come and see, the upper world needs to be aroused by the lower world. When the souls of the righteous leave this world and rise up TO THE GARDEN OF EDEN, they are all clothed by the Supernal Light - by a splendid figure. And the Holy One, blessed be He, delights Himself with them and longs for them because they are the fruit of His handiwork. Therefore the people of Yisrael are called "children to the Holy One, blessed be He," because they have acquired holy souls. As it is written, "You are the children of Hashem your Elohim" (Devarim 14:1). Because THE SOULS are definitely the "children" - the fruit - of His Handiwork.
132. Rabbi Yesa said, YOU SAY THAT HE even delights himself with those SOULS of this world. How can that be? He replied, Because at midnight, all the truly righteous people awaken to study Torah and recite all the praises of Torah. And we have learned that the Holy One, blessed be He, together with all the righteous who are in the Garden of Eden, all listen attentively to their voices. And, during the day, a thread of grace is woven around them. As it is written, "Yet Hashem will command his loving kindness in the daytime, and in the night, His song shall be with me..." (Tehilim 42:9). BECAUSE OF THE SONG AT NIGHT, THEY MERIT HIS LOVING KINDNESS DURING THE DAY.
133. Therefore, the praises that rise up before the Holy One, blessed be He, at night, are the most complete. Come and behold, When the people of Yisrael were shut in their houses, while the Holy One, blessed be He, was slaying the firstborns of the Egyptians, they were reciting these praises and psalms before the Holy One, blessed be He.
134. Come and behold, King David used to wake up at midnight. And if you might say that he sat or lay down on his bed while reciting these songs and praises, it is not so! Rather, it is as written, "At midnight I will rise to give thanks to You" (Tehilim 119:62). "I will rise" definitely means he stood upright as he was occupied with the songs and praises of Torah.
135. BECAUSE HE DELVED INTO THE SONGS AND PRAISES OF TORAH, King David lives on forever. Even during the Days of King Messiah, he remains the king. For we have learned that if Messiah shall be from among the living, David will be his name. And if he shall be from among THE RESURRECTED SOULS OF the deceased, David shall be his name. And he shall arouse the dawn before he arrives. It is written, "Awake, my glory; awake the harp and the lyre; I will awake the dawn" (Tehilim 57:9), BECAUSE HE ALWAYS AROSE TO STUDY TORAH BEFORE THE BREAK OF DAWN!