232. He opened the discussion with the verse, "Keep not Your silence, Elohim, do not hold Your peace, and be still, El" (Tehilim 83:2). This represents the awakening from below, FROM THE NUKVA, so that it may take control. David responded, "Keep not Your silence, Elohim--" arouse Your desire to the upper, ZEIR ANPIN, and cling on to the Right, TO HIS CHESED.
233. For what reason? Because "For, lo, Your enemies make a tumult.... For they have consulted together with one consent, they make a covenant against You" (Tehilim 3:6). THE NUKVA IS THE ASPECT OF THE LEFT, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF CHOCHMAH WITHOUT CHASSADIM, AND CHOCHMAH CANNOT SHINE WITHOUT CHASSADIM. THEREFORE, ALL THE KLIPOT AND THE ENEMIES OF THE HOLINESS RAISE UP THEIR HEADS. Hence, "Keep not Your silence, Elohim" from awakening toward the upper, ZEIR ANPIN. Because then the right OF ZEIR ANPIN is aroused and attaches Her to itself. WHEN SHE IS ATTACHED TO THE RIGHT - NAMELY WHEN THE CHOCHMAH IN HER IS ENCLOTHED BY THE CHASSADIM OF THE RIGHT - then the enemies are defeated. THIS IS BECAUSE THE ILLUMINATION OF CHOCHMAH DESTROYS ALL THE ENEMIES OF THE HOLINESS. As it written, "Your right hand, Hashem, has become glorious in power, Your right hand, Hashem, has dashed the enemy in pieces" (Shemot 15:6).
234. So come and behold, when all those kings joined to make war against Abraham, they consulted one another about how to destroy him. But as soon as they took control over Lot, Abraham's nephew, they immediately left. As it is written, "And they took Lot, Abraham's brother's son, and his possessions and departed" (Beresheet 14:12). What was the reason? Lot's image was similar to that of Abraham. As a result, they "departed," AS THEY BELIEVED THEY HAD CAPTURED ABRAHAM, which was the purpose of the war.
235. AND HE ASKS, Why DID THEY WANT TO KILL ABRAHAM? AND HE ANSWERS, Because Abraham took people of this world away from idolatry and brought them to worship the Holy One, blessed be He. THIS IS WHY THEY WANTED TO KILL HIM. In addition, it was the Holy One, blessed be He, who incited them TO FIGHT ABRAHAM, so that Abraham would be brought closer to His way of worship and the name of Abraham would become glorified throughout the world.
236. And the secret behind this is: when Abraham pursued them, then IT IS WRITTEN, "Keep not Your silence, Elohim," AS THE NUKVA WAS AROUSED TOWARD ZEIR ANPIN AND ELEVATED MAYIN NUKVIN (FEMALE WATERS) UP TO HIM TO DRAW CHESED, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF THE RIGHT, until all was attached to Abraham, WHO IS THE SECRET OF CHESED OF ZEIR ANPIN. THIS MEANS THAT HER CHOCHMAH WAS CLOTHED BY CHASSADIM AND HER ILLUMINATION WAS COMPLETED. And when all this was attached to Abraham, then all the kings were defeated before him. As we have previously stated, it is then written: "Your right hand Hashem, has dashed the enemy in pieces."