22. It is written: "Drink water out of your own cistern, and running water out of your own well" (Mishlei 5:15). HE ASKS: Why does it say "your own cistern" first and then "your own well," since a cistern is an empty place without water, while a well is a fountain of running water? (In other words, THEY ARE DIFFERENT FROM EACH OTHER.) HE ANSWERS: Both are the same, MEANING THAT BOTH REFER TO THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE. But when the poor are attached to that region, MEANING WHEN THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE IS NOT CONNECTED WITH ZEIR ANPIN, WHO IS HER HUSBAND, SHE IS CONSIDERED TO BE POOR AND is called 'a cistern,' with nothing of its own except what is put inside it. This is the letter Dalet, OR THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE WHEN SHE IS NOT CONNECTED WITH ZEIR ANPIN.
23. And later, WHEN SHE MATES WITH ZEIR ANPIN, she becomes a well filled from all sides. THIS MEANS THAT SHE IS FILLED FROM THE RIGHT COLUMN OF ZEIR ANPIN AND FROM THE CENTRAL COLUMN FROM THE SOULS OF THE RIGHTEOUS. And what do these signify? It is the letter Hei, OR THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE WHEN SHE IS MATING WITH ZEIR ANPIN. SHE IS CALLED HEI, when she is being filled from above FROM ZEIR ANPIN and flowing from below from the souls of the righteous.
24. A different explanation for the verse, "Drink water out of your own cistern," is that it refers to King David, who wrote: "O that one would give me drink of the water of the cistern of Bethlehem" (II Shmuel 23:15). Here, the words, "running water," refer to Abraham, and "out of (lit. 'from the midst')" refer to Jacob, who is in the center. "FROM THE MIDST" MEANS OUT OF THE CENTER. "Your own well" signifies Isaac, who is called "well of living water." Thus, in this verse, we find a reference to both the sacred Chariot of the Patriarchs, and of King David, who joined them.
25. The passion of the female toward the male is only aroused when he puts the spirit into her. And the flow of Mayin Nukvin (Female Waters) ascends to meet Mayin Duchrin (Male Waters) above. And the Congregation of Yisrael, OR MALCHUT, conceives a longing for the Holy One, blessed be He, only when the spirits of the righteous enter her, IN THE SECRET OF THE FEMALE WATERS. And then do waters flow from within her, THAT ILLUMINATE IN HER BY THE POWER OF THE SOULS OF THE RIGHTEOUS, toward the Male Waters, WHICH ARE THE LIGHTS OF THE RIGHT COLUMN. And so, all OF THESE THREE ASPECTS become one passion, one union, and one tie, and this appeases everyone. And it is then that the Holy One, blessed be He, walks among the righteous.
26. Come and behold: all the offspring - THE SOULS - from the Garden of Eden, WHICH IS THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE OF ZEIR ANPIN THAT ENCLOTHES THE SUPERNAL IMA, DO not issue from the Righteous, YESOD OF ZEIR ANPIN, until it enters the ark and becomes one with it. And all THE SOULS THAT SHE RECEIVES FROM THE RIGHTEOUS are hidden there FOR A CERTAIN TIME after which they ARE BORN AND leave it. The same applies here. Noah the righteous man did not beget any offspring to populate the world until he entered the ark and all gathered and were concealed in FOR A CERTAIN TIME, after which, they came out. They emerged from the ark to multiply in the world and to survive on earth. Had they not come from the ark, they would not have endured in the world.
27. All this was DONE according to the divine pattern. For, just as they left the ark, OR THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE above, so they left the ark OF NOAH below. Only now was the world able to exist permanently but not before. That is why the words, "And running waters out of your well" are related to, "And Noah begot three sons" (Beresheet 6:10).