414. Come and see: First Moses erected the Tabernacle, and fixed it in the secret of the high grade, where he was, NAMELY, ZEIR ANPIN. Then Solomon built the Temple, and constructed it in the secret of the river going out from Eden, named household peace, NAMELY, YESOD, which is household rest, MALCHUT. Therefore, in the secret of the Tabernacle is the closeness of love, in the secret of the body, TIFERET, MEANING THAT Moses was of the grade where is closeness of love, but not that of rest; THEREFORE, THE TABERNACLE WAS ALWAYS MOVED BY TRAVELING. When Solomon constructed the Temple, it was built in the secret of the love of rest. Therefore it is written of Solomon, "who shall be a man of tranquillity" (I Divrei Hayamim 22:9).
415. Hence MOSES corrected one grade, TIFERET, and Solomon corrected another grade, YESOD. Their shapes are interconnected, THAT OF TIFERET IS THAT OF YESOD. This is the secret of the verse, "These are the generations of Jacob, Joseph" (Beresheet 37:2), THE FORM OF JACOB, TIFERET, RESEMBLES THE FORM OF JOSEPH, YESOD.
416. Moses started to repair that place of holiness by erecting the point standing in the middle, MALCHUT, which was dark and sunken in its place, unseen and not shining at all. He first raised that point that was sunken in its place, then CONSTRUCTED all the rest, that are based on this point.
417. Unless that point, MALCHUT, were corrected first, all that spread from it could not have been corrected. Once that point was erected and made to shine, all the other corrections were made, and it was settled in its place. Therefore IT WAS FIRST WRITTEN, "And Moses erected the Tabernacle" (Shemot 40:18) referring to the point, dark and sunken in its place. He then "fastened the sockets" (Ibid.) the sockets of several places, ON ALL SIDES OF THE TABERNACLE, amounting to a hundred, and divided them each to its place, TO THE SIDES OF THE TABERNACLE, as it is written, "hundred sockets of the hundred talents, a talent for a socket" (Shemot 38:27).
418. We already explained about these sockets. It was not written that they were erected, but that he fastened them (lit. 'he gave'), because they are connected with giving, so as to put upon them that which is needed, NAMELY, THE BOARDS. This is because there are lower beings, and higher ones set upon them. Therefore, the word 'give' is used in relation to them.
419. At the time when the point was erected, the Other Side sank, BUT was not altogether wiped away. That will happen only in the future, when it will be wiped out, as we explained. Now, this was erected and that, THE OTHER SIDE, sank.
420. "and fastened its sockets" (Shemot 40:18): Then the side of holiness began to strengthen. And when these sockets were fastened, all THE SOCKETS of the Other Side sank and entered the hole in the great abyss. For when the side of high holiness was elevated, and partly REACHED exaltation, the Other Side sank and entered that hole in the abyss, BECAUSE WHEN THE ONE WAS ERECTED, THE OTHER SANK.
421. If it were not for the children of Yisrael who sinned, THE OTHER SIDE could not have ruled the world. Then they sinned, and drew upon them THE OTHER SIDE as before. From that day, there is no remedy, but to give a portion to the Other Side from everything, from the secret of the sacrifices, libation offerings, and the burnt offerings. Come and see: The burnt offering is therefore burnt by fire completely, to subjugate that side, and raise the side of holiness. Once Moses erected this place OF HOLINESS, that place OF DEFILEMENT sank.
422. Come and see: "Moses erected" (Shemot 40:18) the side of holiness, and the Other Side of defilement sank, "and fastened ITS SOCKETS" of the side of holiness, and that side of defilement was enfeebled. He "set up ITS BOARDS" (Ibid.) of the side of holiness, and the Other Side of defilement was subjugated. Then he "put up its bars" (Ibid.).
423. Then IT IS WRITTEN AGAIN, "and he erected" (Ibid. 33) What is the sense? That the beginning and the end will be marked by erecting; therefore, he started by erecting and finished by erecting, for all, BOTH OF THEM, are in need of erection, in the beginning and in the end. For the purpose of the erection in the beginning was to weaken the Other Side. The one IN THE END, is the erection of the holy side, so it will be established and elevated above to be one knot as is proper. For whenever holiness goes up to rule, defilement is lowered and sinks down.