179. Rabbi Acha opened and said, "Curse Meroz, said the angel of Hashem" (Shoftim 5:23). Come and see, this verse is secret among supernal secrets. When the Holy King gave His house into the hands of the Queen, He put Her in charge over all weapons, lances and slings, and over all His soldiers. This is the meaning of, "Behold it is his litter, that of Solomon (THE SECRET OF MALCHUT)! Sixty valiant men are round about it, of the mighty men of Yisrael" (Shir Hashirim 3:7). It has already been explained THAT THEY ARE THE SECRET OF CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD FROM THE SIDE OF GVURAH, EACH INCLUDING TEN. When the Holy One, blessed be He, wages war, He does so through these warring mighty men we spoke of. They are considered "expert in war" (Ibid. 8).
180. It is written, "They fought from heaven; the stars in their courses fought against Sisera" (Shoftim 5:20). We have learned that when Yisrael were dedicated to exposing the holy imprint OF CIRCUMCISION in their flesh, the sword avenging the covenant, WHICH IS MALCHUT, gathered all its armies, all weapons and all soldiers to wage war with Sisera, and the stars were pouring fire from above. Rabbi Shimon said that every star has its own name, AS IT IS WRITTEN, "He calls them all by their names" (Tehilim 147:4).
181. The Holy One, blessed be He, said TO THE STARS, 'Prepare yourself to revenge ON SISERA the vengeance of My children. Two vengeances shall I take from them. The first vengeance is for the six hundred chosen chariots that he left to the ministers of Egypt so as to war against Yisrael, as it is written, "and he took six hundred chosen chariots, and all the chariots of Egypt" (Shemot 14:7). Another vengeance is for My children, for their distressing them until now.' For that reason they were sentenced to two punishments, one with water and one with fire; with water, as it is written, "The wadi of Kishon swept them away" (Shoftim 5:21), and by fire, as it is written, "the stars in their courses."
182. Among those stars there was one who did not come for that vengeance and was eternally cursed, so that when it starts to illuminate, the other stars come and swallow it with its whole camp and they perish together, as it is written, "Curse Meroz, said the angel of Hashem." HE ASKS, Does that angel have permission to do that, TO CURSE ANYONE? AND HE ANSWERS, This is the angel of whom it is written, "And the angel of Elohim, who went before the camp of Yisrael" (Shemot 14:19). It is he to whom these wars belong, NAMELY MALCHUT.
183. "Because they did not come to the help of Hashem" (Shoftim 5:23), namely when Yisrael came out of Egypt, "to the help of Hashem against the mighty men" (Ibid.), namely the mighty men who came to fight together with Sisera, ( THE SIXTY MIGHTY MEN AROUND THE BED OF SOLOMON). The secret of this angel is that all punishment and all the King's wars are his responsibility. Hence it says, "the angel of Hashem." This is the meaning of, "the angel who redeemed me..." (Beresheet 48:16), NAMELY MALCHUT. The friends have already explained it. This ANGEL will be lofty and precious in the future to come. Thus the Holy Name will be magnified. By this ANGEL the Holy One, blessed be He, will take revenge on the heathen nations. Of this it is written, "Thus will I magnify Myself and sanctify Myself..." (Yechezkel 38:23). They walked until they reached Rabbi Shimon. When he saw them, Rabbi Shimon said, The Shechinah is here. Surely it behooves us to be grateful to the Shechinah.