207. "Then sang Moses" (Shemot 15:1): Rabbi Yehuda opened the discussion, saying: "Before I formed you in the belly I knew you" (Yirmeyah 1:5). Blessed is the portion Yisrael that the Holy One, blessed be He, desired them more than all the other nations. And for the great love that He had for them, He set up for them a true prophet and a faithful shepherd, and aroused over him a Holy Spirit, more than the other faithful prophets. He took him out of His own portion, MEANING from what Jacob had separated as a tithe of his sons to the Holy One, blessed be He, namely, the tribe Levi. Since Levi was His, the Holy One, blessed be He, received him and adorned him with many crowns, and anointed him with the holy anointing oil of above. And then he produced from his children a Holy Spirit into the world and girded him with his holy girdles of the great Faith, WHICH IS BINAH.
208. We learned that at that moment, the time had come for Moses, the faithful prophet, to descend to the world. The Holy One, blessed be He, withdrew a Holy Spirit from a hewn block of the precious stone, sapphire, WHICH IS MALCHUT, that was concealed within 248 lights, and shone on him. And He crowned him with 365 crowns and they stood before Him, and He appointed him over all that was His. He gave him 173 keys, and crowned him with five crowns. Every single crown ascended and illuminated in a thousand worlds that illuminate and in the candles that were concealed in the treasures of the Supernal Holy King.
209. Then He passed him through all the lights in the Garden of Eden and brought him into His Palace, and passed him by His hosts and camps. Then they all trembled, opened and said, Remove yourselves from his vicinity, for the Holy One, blessed be He, has aroused a spirit to dominate and provoke the worlds. A voice was heard saying, Who is this with all these keys in his hands? Another voice said, Accept him among you, he is the one who will descend among the people. And the Torah, which is the most concealed of everything that is concealed, is going to be given into his hands, to shake the worlds that are above and below through him. At that moment, they all became excited and traveled after him. They opened the discussion, saying: "You have caused a man to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water" (Tehilim 66:12).
210. Then that spirit OF MOSES rose and stood before the King. The open Mem rose and put on its crowns, while He crowned THE SPIRIT with 325 crowns and deposited His keys into his hands. The Shin ALLUDES to the three Patriarchs, who crowned him with these holy crowns, deposited all the keys of the King in his hands, and appointed him faithfully TO BE the trustee of the house. The Hei rose and crowned itself with its crowns, and received him from the King.
211. Then that spirit OF MOSES alighted on the ships that sail in that great Sea, WHICH IS MALCHUT, AND MALCHUT accepted him in order to raise him to the King. She gave him weapons from there with which to smite Pharaoh and his whole land. And on Shabbat and the first day of the month, She elevates him to the King, WHO IS ZEIR ANPIN. Then his name is expressed in these letters that we etched, WHICH ARE MEM, SHIN, AND, HEI AS WRITTEN ABOVE.
212. At the moment that he emerged to descend to the earth to become clothed in a body in the seed of Levi, 425 candles were prepared for the King, WHO IS ZEIR ANPIN, and 425 appointed engravings escorted the spirit OF MOSES to his place. When he emerged in the world, the Hei, WHICH IS THE SHECHINAH, illuminated on him and the House became full with its shining. At that moment, the Holy One, blessed be He, read over him, "Before I formed you in the belly I knew you; and before you did come out of the womb I sanctified you, and I ordained you a prophet to the nations" (Yirmeyah 1:5).
213. Rabbi Yitzchak said, At that time, the Holy One, blessed be He, slew the minister appointed over Egypt. Moses and Yisrael saw him, then recited the song. This is what is written, "And Yisrael saw Egypt dead...Then sang Moses and the children of the children of Yisrael."
214. "Then sang Moses and the children of Yisrael..." Rabbi Aba opened the discussion, saying: I examined all the praises with which they praised the Holy One, blessed be He, and they all started with: "Then (Heb. az):" "Then spoke Solomon" (I Melachim 8:12); "Then spoke Joshua" (Yehoshua 10:12); "Then sang Moses and Yisrael." What is the reason for this?
215. HE ANSWERS, This is what we learned. All the miracles and all the mighty deeds that were performed for Yisrael HAPPENED when the light of Atika Kadisha shone, WHICH IS ARICH ANPIN, with its crowns. They are engraved and imprinted by Aleph, SO THAT THE TOP YUD OF THE ALEPH IS THE RIGHT COLUMN AND THE LOWER LINE IS THE LEFT COLUMN, AND THE LINE BETWEEN THEM IS THE CENTRAL COLUMN THAT MEDIATES. The Aleph penetrates the darkness, ALLUDING TO THE CENTRAL LINE COLUMN OF THE ALEPH THAT PENETRATES AND DIMINISHES THE LEFT COLUMN, WHICH IS DARKNESS, INTO THE ASPECT OF SIX ENDS OF THE FIRST THREE SFIROT. THEN IT shines to every side, MEANING BOTH WITH CHOCHMAH AND IN CHASSADIM. And when the light of the Aleph joins and reaches the Zayin, that Zayin (lit. 'weapon') is, "The sword of Hashem is filled with blood" (Yeshayah 34:6), NAMELY, MALCHUT WHEN IT IS STRETCHED TOWARDS THE LEFT. Then it performs miracles and mighty deeds, because the Aleph and Zayin have joined. And this is a song, a song that illuminates to all sides, BOTH CHOCHMAH AND CHASSADIM. And hence "Then (Heb. az, Aleph-Zayin) sang."
216. HE ASKS, "Then will sing MOSES." Should it have been written, "Sang MOSES?" HE ANSWERS, This matter is suspended UNTIL THE TIME TO COME, for he perfected it for that time and perfected it for the future to come. For Yisrael will praise this song IN THE TIME TO COME. "Moses and the children of the children of Yisrael." From here we learned that even though the early righteous men ascended to the highest levels that are above and have been bound in the bond of life, they will all stand up to be resurrected in a body and recite this song. This is what is written, "Then will sing Moses and the children of Yisrael."