181. We have learned that when it was the wish of the white head, THE SKULL OF ARICH ANPIN, to glorify its glory, it formed and prepared and produced from the hard candle a spark which went up and spread into 370 directions. That spark is constant and pure air begins to be discharged and roll forth. It blew at it, so it was restored. A strong skull was released and spread to four directions.
182. Within fine pure air, THAT IS IN THE SKULL, the spark was sucked, and became part of it. HE ASKS: Could you imagine that it became part of it? HE REPLIES: It only means that it was hidden in it. Therefore, this skull OF ZEIR ANPIN was spread to its sides and this air WITHIN IT, is the most hidden from Atik Yomin (Eng. 'Ancient in Days'), with the spirit that it stored.
183. In the skull OF ZEIR ANPIN fire unfurled from one direction and air from the other. Pure air is prevalent above it from one side and pure fire is prevalent upon it from the other side. HE ASKS: What is the fire here? HE REPLIES: It is not really composed of fire, but this spark, that is comprised in the refined air, illuminates to the 270 worlds, and Judgment emerges from its side. Therefore, this skull is referred to as the hard skull.
184. In this skull, nine thousand ten thousands worlds reside which ride on it and depend on it. Into this skull drips dew from the white head, MEANING FROM THE SKULL OF ARICH ANPIN, that is always filled from it. From this dew, which He shakes off from His head, the dead will be restored to life.
185. That dew is included in two aspects from the direction of the white head, THAT IS ARICH ANPIN. FIRSTLY, it is in essence white. SECONDLY, it comprises all whites. However, when THIS DEW resides on this head in Zeir Anpin, some redness is apparent, it is like the crystal, which is in essence white but where the red color appears in the white color.
186. Therefore, it is written: "And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt" (Daniel 12:2). "To everlasting life:" These are the ones that merit this white DEW, which comes from the direction of Atik Yomin, Arich Anpin. "Some to shame and everlasting contempt" are those that deserve that red color IN THE DEW of Zeir Anpin. All is included in that dew, as it is written: "For your dew is as the dew on herbs (also: 'of lights')" (Yeshayah 26:19). Lights MEANING two, since that dew drips every day to the field of apple trees, WHICH IS MALCHUT, AND CONTAINS WITHIN IT TWO LIGHTS similar to white and red.
187. This skull, OF ZEIR ANPIN, illuminates on both sides to this direction and to that direction, THAT IS REFINED AIR AND REFINED FIRE. From this refined air, spread from HIS skull to his face 150 ten thousands realms. Therefore, it is called Zeir Anpin, WHICH MEANS A SMALL FACE. When the need arises, MEANING WHEN THE LOWER GRADES ARE WORTHY, His face expands and becomes long during that period, SIMILAR TO ARICH ANPIN (LIT. 'LONG FACE') THAT IS 370 TEN THOUSAND ILLUMINATIONS. This is because He sees the face of the most ancient of the ancient and has compassion on the world.
188. From this skull IN ZEIR ANPIN, a path goes out, to all those below. They give dues to Atik Yomin, when they are numbered under the wand. Corresponding to this is the "beka for every man" (Shemot 38:26) THAT IS GIVEN below when census is taken. This "beka" is the due compensation which is given to Atik Yomin.