24. We have learned that in the skull of the head - THAT IS, IN KETER OF ARICH ANPIN - there are thousands of thousands of tens of thousands, seven thousand and five hundred groups of hairs. They are clean and white like wool that is clean and free of knots, untangled, so as not to appear tangled, but everything is in its place and not even minutely intrusive, without one hair over another hair.
25. Every individual lock OF HAIR has 410 bundles of hair, as the numerical value of Kadosh (Eng. 'holy'). Each hair strand glows in 410 worlds, AS THE NUMERICAL VALUE OF KADOSH. Each world is concealed and hidden, and is entirely unknown except to itself. It glows to 410 directions, ALSO THE NUMERICAL VALUE OF KADOSH. THIS IS THE SECRET MEANING OF THE THREE RECITED HOLINESSES: 'HOLY, HOLY, HOLY.'
26. Each individual strand of hair has a wellspring that emanates from a concealed brain, THAT IS THE THIRD HEAD OF ARICH ANPIN. It glows and flows from these strands to the strands of Zeir Anpin, and the brain OF ZEIR ANPIN is constructed from these, MEANING IT RECEIVES THE FIRST THREE SFIROT. Then the brain OF ZEIR ANPIN flows to the 32 paths OF CHOCHMAH.
27. All individual tips, WITHIN EACH GROUP OF HAIR, glow and hang; they are nicely arranged and cover the skull. Groups of hair strands are well established on each side over the skull - THAT IS ON THE RIGHT, THE LEFT AND THE MIDDLE. We have learned that each individual bunch OF HAIR is a continuous flow of the sealed wellsprings that emanate from the concealed brain, WHICH IS THE THIRD HEAD OF ARICH ANPIN.
28. We have learned that a person's character is revealed from his hair, whether he is harsh or compassionate, that is, after the age of forty. Even in his youth, IT IS ALSO APPARENT in his hair and his shape and eyelashes.
29. The locks of hair hang to his shoulders, neat as refined wool. Do you think it should cover his shoulders? It is just to the top of his shoulders covering the back part of his neck, since it is written: "They turned their back to me, and not their face" (Yirmeyah 2:27). The hairs are tucked behind the ears, in order not to cover THE EARS, as it is written: "Let your ears be attentive" (Tehilim 130:2) .
30. The hairs showing behind the ears are equally long with none intruding on each other. That is a perfect form, a proper form, a beautiful form, lovely to behold. The yearning and joy of the righteous that are in Zeir Anpin is to observe and cling to the form of the ancient one, which is completely concealed, WHICH IS ARICH ANPIN.
31. There are thirteen locks, MEANING BUNDLES, of hairs on each side of the skull, WHICH IS KETER OF ARICH ANPIN, against his face. With them, the hairs begin to part. THE ASPECT OF left does not exist in this concealed Atik, ARICH ANPIN. It is totally of the right, seen yet not seen, concealed though unconcealed. All this is a reflection of its form, and more on its own self.
32. The children of Yisrael were longing to test this AND TO EXAMINE in their hearts, as it is written: "Is Hashem among us, or not?" (Shemot 17:7), MEANING between Zeir Anpin called Hashem and Arich Anpin called naught. HE THEN ASKS: IF SO, why were they punished? HE RESPONDS: Because they did not do so out of love, but simply testing, as it is written: "And because they tempted Hashem, saying, 'Is Hashem among us, or not?'"
33. In the parting of the hair TO RIGHT AND LEFT OF THE SKULL, a path passes BETWEEN THEM that radiates light to 270 worlds. From this illuminates the path AT THE PLACE WHERE THE HAIR PARTS, of Zeir Anpin with which the righteous illuminate in the World to Come. This is what is written: "But the path of just men is like the gleam of sunlight, that shines ever more brightly until the height of noonday" (Mishlei 4:18). From that path OF ZEIR ANPIN, there is a parting into 613 ways of the Torah, which part in Zeir Anpin, MEANING THE 613 PRECEPTS of which it is written: "All the paths of Hashem are mercy and truth... " (Tehilim 25:10).