318. On his sides, he separates into arms and legs. In the arms of the male, one is right and one is left. Three joints were connected to the one arm, THE RIGHT ONE, and were included in the two arms. HE ASKS: Could you imagine that they were included? IT SHOULD HAVE SAID THAT THEY ARE IN BOTH ARMS. HE REPLIES: It is only that there are three joints in the right ARM and three joints in the left, and the three joints of the right were included in the three joints of the left. This is why it is only written 'one arm.' THIS IS THE LEFT. By the right, it is not written arm but it is merely called "Your right (hand), Hashem" (Shemot 15:6) - "The right (hand) of Hashem" (Tehilim 118:16) WHEN IT CONTAINS the three joints of the patriarchs, that were given them as their portion.
319. You might ask, Aren't they located in the three cavities of the brain in the skull rather than in the body, SINCE CHOCHMAH, BINAH AND DA'AT ARE ONLY IN THE HEAD? HE REPLIES: We have learned that all three BRAINS - CHOCHMAH, BINAH AND DA'AT - permeate and are connected to the whole body. The entire body is connected to these three, and they connect to the right arm. That is why David wished it and said, "Sit you at my right hand" (Tehilim 110:1), because he was connected with the patriarchs, CHESED, GVURAH AND TIFERET, THAT WERE TRANSFORMED TO CHOCHMAH, BINAH AND DA'AT, AND WERE CONNECTED TO THE RIGHT. DAVID will return there to a perfected throne; THAT IS TO SAY, DAVID IS THE SECRET OF MALCHUT, WHICH IS A LEG OF THE THRONE, SINCE CHESED, GVURAH AND TIFERET IS THE SECRET OF THE THREE LEGS OF THE THRONE. HE IS THE FOURTH, AND COMPLETES THE THRONE. Therefore, it is written: "The stone which the builders rejected has become the head stone of the corner" (Tehilim 118:22), WHICH WAS SAID ABOUT MALCHUT CALLED DAVID, because he sat at the right. This is what is written: "For you shall rest, and stand up for your allotted portion at the end of the days (also: 'right')" (Daniel 12:13). HE REMINDED HIM OF THE RIGHT END; that is to say HE INFORMED HIM THAT HE was like one who gained the King's favor, IN WHICH CASE THE KING RECEIVES HIM TO THE RIGHT. Praised is the lot of the one to whom the King extends His right hand to receive him under His right. When this right sits, its three joints permeate AND ILLUMINATE TO THE LOWER BEINGS.
320. The arm does not extend its hand with the three joints that we mentioned, MEANING WITH THE MOCHIN OF CHOCHMAH, BINAH AND DA'AT WHERE THE DOMINATION OF THE RIGHT EXISTS. THEREFORE, IT IS REFERRED TO AS "THE RIGHT OF HASHEM." When the wicked are wakened and increase in the world, the other three JOINTS are reawakened, which are of harsh Judgment, and extend the arm. When he extends the arm, it is the right hand, yet it is called, "O arm of Hashem" (Yeshayah 51:9) and "Your stretched out arm" (Devarim 9:29). During the period that these three joints of the right are included in the three other joints, WHICH ARE HARSH JUDGMENT, all are referred to as the right, and he executes Judgment with Mercy. This is what is written: "Your right hand, Hashem, is glorious in power: Your right hand, Hashem, dashed the enemy in pieces" (Shemot 15:6), since Mercy is awakened IN THE JUDGMENTS.
321. We have learned that, to this right are attached 3,700,000,000 of those who are called right, WHICH ARE THE NUMBER OF THE ENTIRETY OF MOCHIN, and 1,850,000,000 from the arm that is called "the arm of Hashem." The arm is suspended from the one and the other, FOR THE ARM TOO IS COMPRISED OF THE RIGHT AND THE LEFT. The one and the other are called Tiferet, SINCE TIFERET IS ALSO COMPOSED OF RIGHT AND LEFT, as it is written: "At the right hand of Moses" (Yeshayah 63:12), which is here the right. Arm is the left, as it is written: "His glorious arm" (Ibid.). SO WE SEE THAT THEY ARE INCLUDED the one with the other.
322. We have learned that in the left hand are attached 4,500,000 shielded beings that are suspended from each and every finger. On each and every finger there are ten thousand shielded beings. Go figure out how many there are in the entire hand. The right is called 'holy help' that emerges from the three joints in the right arm, as it is written: "And, behold, my hand shall be with you" (II Shmuel 3:12). Attached from this are 41,000 and 580,000 helpers in the whole world. They are called the uppermost hand of Hashem and the lower hand of Hashem. Although the hand of Hashem is always the left one, IF they are worthy, it is the right of Hashem, as the hand is included in the arm and becomes a help and is referred to as right. If not, then it is the lower hand of Hashem, WHICH IS LEFT. We have learned that when harsh Judgments are awakened to descend upon the world, it is written here: "The counsel (lit. 'secret') of Hashem is with them that fear him" (Tehilim 25:14).