62. Come and see that it is written: "I Hashem, the first; and with the last, I am he" (Yeshayah 41:4). He is everything, MEANING ARICH ANPIN. He is concealed from all sides. The nose, WHAT IS IT? We have learned that the countenance is known through the nose, SINCE YOU CAN'T GIVE EVIDENCE ON THE FACIAL SHAPE UNLESS THROUGH THE NOSE.
63. Come and see what is the difference between Atik and Zeir Anpin. Atik has a nose. From one opening IS BESTOWED life and from one opening IS BESTOWED the life of life, MEANING THE LIGHT OF LIFE OF THE RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD. This nose is a window through which blows the spirit of life to Zeir Anpin, and it is called forgiveness, SINCE THE SPIRIT OF LIFE IS THE ILLUMINATION OF CHOCHMAH, AND FROM CHOCHMAH COMES THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS. That is satisfaction to the spirit, the soothing of the spirit.
64. Since the spirit flows from these openings OF THE NOSE, one spirit goes out to Zeir Anpin to awaken him in the Garden of Eden. One spirit of life FLOWS FROM IT, with which the offspring of David will be summoned to learn wisdom in the future, BECAUSE THESE TWO SPIRITS OF THE NOSTRILS ARE CONSIDERED YESOD AND MALCHUT. THEREFORE, FROM THE SPIRIT OF YESOD, THE RIGHT NOSTRIL, THERE WILL BE A FLOW TO ZEIR ANPIN. FROM THE SPIRIT OF MALCHUT, WHICH IS IN THE LEFT NOSTRIL, THERE WILL BE A FLOW TO THE SON OF DAVID, THE SECRET OF MALCHUT. From this LEFT opening a spirit rises and flows out from the concealed brain, WHICH IS CHOCHMAH OF ARICH ANPIN, which will dwell on King Messiah, as it is written: "And the spirit of Hashem shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of Hashem" (Yeshayah 11:2). HE INQUIRES: There are here IN THE VERSE four spirits. Since we speak of one spirit, WHICH FLOWS FROM THE LEFT OF THE OPENING OF ARICH ANPIN, what do we mean with the three? Rise, Rabbi Yosi, from your place AND ANSWER THIS.
65. Rabbi Yosi stood up and said: During the times of King Messiah, one will not say 'teach me wisdom' to the other, as it is written: "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor...for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest of them" (Yirmeyah 31:33). During that period, Atik Yomin will awaken a spirit emanating from the brain that is concealed to all, WHICH IS CHOCHMAH OF ARICH ANPIN. When he imparts all this, all the spirits below will awaken with him. Who are they, THE SPIRITS BELOW? They are the holy Sfirot of Zeir Anpin, which are another six spirits like it. It is written ABOUT THEM: "The spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of Hashem," WHICH ARE THE ASPECTS OF CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD IN ZEIR ANPIN.
66. As we have learned, it is written: "Then Solomon sat on the throne of Hashem" (I Divrei Hayamim 29:23) and also: "The throne had six steps" (I Melachim 10:19), CORRESPONDING TO CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD. King Messiah will sit in the future on A THRONE OF seven LEVELS. Six are CORRESPONDING TO CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD, and together with the spirit of Atik Yomin upon them, THAT FLOWS FROM THE LEFT OPENING OF HIS NOSE AS MENTIONED, there are seven, as we were taught. Rabbi Shimon said: May your spirit rest in the World to Come.
67. Come and see that it is written: "Thus says Adonai Elohim; Come from the four winds, O breath (also: 'wind')..." (Yechezkel 37:9). HE ASKS: What are the four winds of the world doing here? HE RESPONDS: Four spirits (winds) will awaken. They are actually three, MEANING THE THREE TIMES IT SAYS "SPIRIT" IN THE VERSE: "THE SPIRIT OF WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING..." With the spirit of Atik who is concealed, FROM THE NOSE, there are altogether four. So they are. When the one SPIRIT OF THE NOSE emanates, three other SPIRITS that are comprised of three others go along with it. IT SAYS "SPIRIT" THREE TIMES AND EACH SPIRIT HAS TWO ASPECTS, MEANING "THE SPIRIT OF WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING, THE SPIRIT OF COUNSEL AND MIGHT, AND THE SPIRIT OF KNOWLEDGE AND OF THE FEAR OF HASHEM."
68. The Holy One, blessed be He, will produce one spirit that is comprised of all THE SEVEN SPIRITS MENTIONED ABOVE, since it is written: "Come from the four winds, O wind." 'Come the four winds' is not written here, but "Come from the four winds," WHICH MEANS COME O WIND, WHICH IS MADE FROM THE FOUR WINDS THAT ARE SIX, AS MENTIONED. In the days of King Messiah, there will be no need to teach one another, since their spirit will be comprised of all spirits, and will know everything, wisdom, understanding, counsel, might, knowledge, and fear of Hashem, because THEIR spirit encompasses all spirits. This is why it is written: "From the four spirits," since they are four that are included in the seven higher levels, as we have said. We have learned that all are comprised within this spirit of the most Ancient of all, THAT IS ARICH ANPIN, that emanates from the concealed brain, WHICH IS HIS CHOCHMAH to the nostril of his nose, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF HIS MALCHUT.
69. Come and see the difference between one nose and another nose, MEANING BETWEEN THE NOSE OF ARICH ANPIN AND THE NOSE OF ZEIR ANPIN. It is that the nose of the Ancient of Days, ARICH ANPIN, is life with all its aspects, BOTH LIFE IN THIS WORLD AND LIFE OF THE WORLD TO COME, AS MENTIONED. It is written of the nose of Zeir Anpin: "There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth..." (II Shmuel 22:9). "There went up a smoke out of his nostrils" and from that smoke, a fire is lit. When the smoke later rises, "coals were kindled by it" (Ibid.). What is meant by "by it?" It is by that smoke, SINCE FROM THE SMOKE A FIRE IS LIT, AS MENTIONED.
70. We have learned that when Rav Hamnuna Saba (the elder) wished to say his prayer, he said, To the nose master I pray, the nose master I beseech. MEANING TO ARICH ANPIN WHO HAS A NOSE (HEB. CHOTEM). That is the meaning of what is written: "and for my praise will I refrain (Heb. echetam) for you" (Yeshayah 48:9). This verse was said to Atik Yomin, WHO IS ARICH ANPIN, WHOSE NOSE IS LIFE IN EVERY ASPECT.
71. We have learned, the length of the nose is such that 375 worlds are filled from that nose, and all are attached to Zeir Anpin. That is the praise of the form of the nose. All the constructions of the Ancient of Days are seen yet are not seen, they are seen to those who sit on the seat of judgment but not seen to everyone.