456. All those that are marked with the signs of the Holy One, blessed be He, and His Shechinah: with the sign of Tefilin and the sign of circumcision during the week days, and are marked with 'remember' and 'keep' on the Shabbat, and they are marked by the written Torah given from the right and the Oral Torah given from the left. With the Holy One, blessed be He, 'remember' is from the right and 'keep' from the left. Also with the Shechinah 'remembering' is from the right and 'keeping' from the left. So also the Head Tefilin OF MAN STEMS FROM THE RIGHT. And the Tefilin of the hand, FROM THE LEFT. So the Shechinah is called "The Torah of Hashem is perfect" (Tehilim 19:8), FROM ITS RIGHT SIDE, and precept FROM ITS LEFT. This is all from the direction of the Central Column, NAMELY ZEIR ANPIN, that comprises Judgment and Mercy, BEING 'remember' and 'keep.' AND FROM ITS POSITION, MALCHUT is also called 'remembering' and 'keeping,' for from the standpoint of the precepts she is on an equal level with him.
457. But from the aspect of Chesed, the Holy One, blessed be He, is considered 'remember' and the Shechinah 'keep.' The Mishnah masters have established 'remember' is applicable to the male and 'keep' to the bride. Within the right and left, FROM THE CHEST AND UP OF ZEIR ANPIN, the branches separate like the wing-like lung where they separate above. Correspondingly, the living creatures OF WHICH IT IS WRITTEN, "Thus were their faces, and their wings were divided upwards" (Yechezkel 1:11), correspond to the open Torah scroll. Now below, MEANING, FROM THE CHEST DOWN, IS FOUND THE NUKVA CALLED 'PRECEPT,' both ZEIR ANPIN AND MALCHUT are together in one unity like the closed chapters in the Torah scroll, where there is no separation. SO THEY ARE BOTH EVEN, JUST AS ZEIR ANPIN IS CALLED 'REMEMBER,' SO ALSO SHE IS CALLED 'REMEMBERING' AND 'KEEPING,' AS MENTIONED. IT IS NOT SO ABOVE THE CHEST, RIGHT AND LEFT, WHERE MALCHUT IS CALLED ONLY 'KEEP' BUT NOT 'REMEMBER.' As a result, at the place of unity, the body, MALCHUT, is similar to the spine-like stalk of the Lulav: if it breaks or splits it is rejected.
458. In several markings did the Holy One, blessed be He, mark The children of Yisrael, so they will be recognizable to the angels. Those OF YISRAEL THAT DRAW from the right, are dependent upon the Holy One, blessed be He; those that draw from the left are dependent on the Shechinah; those dependent on the Holy One, blessed be He, and His Shechinah are in one unity. HE EXPLAINS, Those who have Torah in them are marked ON THE RIGHT with Chesed; those that did precepts are marked ON THE LEFT with Gvurah. Those who keep Tefilin, Shabbat and the Covenant are marked with the Righteous, NAMELY YESOD.
459. Those OF YISRAEL that are beasts and ignorant are marked by the symbol of the removal of the foreskin and the splitting of the corona, BEING TWO SIGNS OF PURITY, AND SO ARE fowl also with two signs, the crop and the peeled stomach - the removal of the crop and peel of the stomach being the signs permitting the fowl to be eaten. The two signs in animals are chewing the cud and split hoofs. All are marked with two signs, such as the foreskin and the uncovering of the corona that are removed from the holy people.
460. But the students of the Torah are listed ABOVE, some in the throne, DENOTING MALCHUT, some with the angels, the four living creatures carrying the throne, some with stars and planets. Some are marked with the measures, NAMELY THE SFIROT, through which the Holy One, blessed be He, is made known. Those involved in the Torah and the precepts for the sake of the Holy One, blessed be He, and His Shechinah, not seeking any recompense but rather like a son duty bound in honor of his parents, are indeed bound. And so this is marked in the central pillar, NAMELY THE HOLY ONE, BLESSED BE HE, and His Shechinah becoming as One. One who has Torah without precepts, or precepts without Torah, so to speak, is as if there is a split within him. However, when there is both, TORAH AND THE PRECEPTS, he is comparable to a tree whose branches spread to the right and left, but the tree itself is the unifying factor in the center.
461. The evildoers are without any markings of purity, they have neither head nor arm Tefilin, and are not marked by the Torah and the precepts, or by 'remember' and 'keep,' or by the blue and white of the Tzitzit ('the fringes'). Those lacking these markings are an abomination to you, not pertaining to Yisrael, but to the ignorant. Just like those LACKING CLEAN MARKINGS are abominable and detested insects, so also these people are detestable. As the Mishnah masters have established, the ignorant masses are abominable, their wives detestable and of their daughters it is written, "Cursed be he that lies with any manner of beast" (Devarim 27:21).
462. Their demise is a public one, demise meaning poverty. Their punishment of poverty is not to be kept secret, like the case of fowl, which hints at those who perform the precepts - FOR THEIR BLOOD IS COVERED, but here it is public for the eyes of all. He EXPLAINS, A pauper is considered like a dead man. Some poverty is hidden from the eyes of man, and some is public knowledge such as the sprinkling of cattle blood where the blood is shed before all. So there are paupers whose blood is shed publicly, and they become green as corpses.
463. If they repent, do not complain before heaven, and accept death without a murmur like cattle experiencing death without a sound, and they confess saying, 'I am speechless to speak back, nor can I lift my head in arrogance.' If they will confess and declare the unity of the Holy One, blessed be He, AND ACCEPT UPON THEMSELVES to die, pronouncing 'one (Heb. echad)' with the twelve checks with the SLAUGHTERING knife of animals, PLUS the knife ITSELF NOW THIRTEEN EQUALING, THE FIGURE echad (= 13).
464. And if he blesses and sanctifies the Holy One, blessed be He, daily with the barchu ('Bless Hashem') and kedushah ('sanctification'). And when eating or drinking, such as when the priest blesses, WHO IS CHESED 'Blessed are you' represents blessing, 'that sanctified us' represents sanctification. When the spirit blesses the Holy One, blessed be He, daily with 'blessed' and sanctifies Him with the sanctification, and unifies Him with unification, which is His Shechinah, the Holy One, blessed be He, descends to that spirit with many hosts.