780. Rav Hamnuna Saba said: On that day Yisrael takes only five sons, which are the five books of the Torah, NAMELY, CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH AND HOD OF ZEIR ANPIN, WHICH ARE THE FIVE PARTS OF ZEIR ANPIN, WHO IS CALLED 'TORAH'. And should you object, saying that the Sfirot are six in number, FOR THERE IS ALSO YESOD, HE ANSWERS, the truth really is that there are seven, together with a certain bird, WHICH IS MALCHUT, and they are thus between the wings of mother, WHICH IS BINAH. AND THE REASON WHY HE THOUGHT INITIALLY THAT THERE WERE ONLY FIVE GRADES, CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH AND HOD, IS THAT THERE ARE IN ESSENCE ONLY FIVE GRADES WITH YESOD AND MALCHUT THAT ARE INCLUSIVE OF THOSE FIVE GRADES, AND CONTAINING NOTHING NEW. And Yisrael know how to hunt for good and valuable game. What do they do? They draw out that bird, WHICH IS MALCHUT, from under the wings of mother with soft little sounds from the mouth that they whisper to her, one after the other, NAMELY, WITH MANY PRAYERS.
781. And that bird, sensing those whispers and the sounds that they voice to her under their breath, even though she is under the wings of mother, she raises her head and looks out at the whispering voices and flies out to them, emerging from under the wings of mother. So Yisrael takes her and holds her, whispering to her and tying her with a knot so that she will not fly off and leave. Yisrael immediately catch her in this knot, and the bird wants to fly off and leave them but is unable to do so.
782. And while she is still bound in the hands OF YISRAEL, they whisper their sounds, and she chirps with them, and flies up and down. And all those sons who are under the wings of their mother, NAMELY, CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD OF ZEIR ANPIN, when they hear that chirping of their sister, MALCHUT, and the whisper of that sound FROM YISRAEL, they immediately emerge from under the wings of their mother and fly towards that bird, WHICH IS MALCHUT, and Yisrael take them and unite with them. And had it not been for that bird, with which they were attached initially, they, CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD, would never have flown to them, and they would not have been able to unite with them.
783. How does one catch this holy bird? This is done by preparing before her valuable food with rejoicing, and all sorts of delights, and attending the synagogue and the school-house, and chirping at her in a whispering voice, as is fitting. And she, THE BIRD, who is hiding under the wings of Mother, raises her head and looks at the prepared tables, with the chirping which is for her sake, NAMELY, THE PRAYERS, as is fitting, and she emerges FROM UNDER THE WINGS OF MOTHER, and flies to them, as we have learned, and all those sons, NAMELY CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD OF ZEIR ANPIN, hold on to her.
784. And they send the one who is sitting over them, NAMELY, MOTHER, WHICH IS BINAH, WHICH IS SITTING OVER CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD, YESOD AND MALCHUT, and she goes off. Because from the seventh heaven, WHICH IS CHESED, and above, NAMELY, THE UPPER THREE SFIROT, do not expound what is hidden from you. THEREFORE, send her away, THAT IS, THE MOTHER, WHICH IS BINAH, WHICH IS ONE OF THE UPPER THREE SFIROT, for you will not be able to catch her. About this, Scripture says: "You shall surely let the mother go, and take the young to you" (Devarim 22:7), THE MEANING OF WHICH IS THAT YOU SHOULD NOT TRY TO PURSUE BINAH, FOR SHE IS NOT CONCEIVABLE. BUT THE YOUNG, NAMELY CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD, YESOD AND MALCHUT, WHICH ARE CONCEIVABLE, YOU MAY TAKE TO YOU.
785. "you shall have a holy gathering (lit. 'calling')" (Bemidbar 28:26). This is the calling and chirping, NAMELY, THE PRAYERS, that we utter for that holy bird, WHICH IS MALCHUT, at the beginning. SUBSEQUENTLY, since the remaining days CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD, hold on to her, they are called 'holy callings' IN THE PLURAL. FOR this bird is called 'holy', as it is written: "for it (she) is holy to you" (Shemot 31:14), WHICH IS SAID ABOUT MALCHUT. And because she is holy, she calls to all of them, CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD, and they come to her, which is why they are called 'holy callings'.
786. AND SHE CALLS TO CHESED, GVURAH, TIFERET, NETZACH, HOD AND YESOD, and Yisrael chirp along with her, and they, too, call, and they therefore come to them and unite with them. This is why IT IS WRITTEN: "These are the feasts of Hashem, holy gatherings (callings), which you shall proclaim (call)" (Vayikra 23:4). AND THEY ARE CALLED 'holy callings' AFTER their chirping, AND AFTER that holy bird, WHICH IS holy, that calls them.