83. Rabbi Yitzchak said: "Those that did eat the fat of their sacrifices, and drank the wine of their offering" (Devarim 32:38). Happy are Yisrael who are holy, as the Holy One, blessed be He, desires to sanctify them. Come and behold: All the life of the world that the holy children of Yisrael inherit is derived from the World to Come, WHICH IS BINAH, for it is the source of all the living beings above and below and the place where the preserved wine rests - NAMELY, THE LEFT COLUMN OF BINAH FROM WHICH Life and Holiness issues out to all. The wine of Yisrael BELOW IS HOLY on account of the wine of another Yisrael ABOVE, WHICH IS ZEIR ANPIN AND WHICH RECEIVES THE PRESERVED WINE FROM BINAH, AS MENTIONED ABOVE. One depends on the other, FOR THE WINE BELOW DEPENDS ON THE WINE ABOVE, for the Supernal Yisrael, WHICH IS ZEIR ANPIN, derives life from THE WINE - NAMELY THE ILLUMINATION OF CHOCHMAH, CALLED 'LIVING CREATURE.' Therefore, it is called 'the Tree of Life,' NAMELY a tree taken from a place called 'Life,' from which life comes forth. Therefore, they bless the Holy One, blessed be He, with wine, FOR the wine of Yisrael below is as THE WINE ABOVE.
84. An idolater is defiled, and whoever approaches him will be defiled. Therefore, if he approaches AND TOUCHES the wine of Yisrael, THE WINE is defiled and is forbidden FOR DRINKING. All the more forbidden is the wine which is made by an idolater, FOR IT IS DEFILED, AS THEIR WINE IS FROM THE ASPECT OF THE OTHER SIDE. THEY DRAW THE INTOXICATING WINE, THE SECRET OF THE ILLUMINATION OF THE CHOCHMAH, FROM THE LEFT, FROM ABOVE DOWNWARD, WHICH IS A GREAT IMPURITY THAT FEEDS THE KLIPOT, CONSIDERED THE DETRITUS OF GOLD. THIS IS UNLIKE THE PRESERVED WINE, WHICH IS THE WINE OF THE SUPERNAL YISRAEL, ZEIR ANPIN, WHICH IS DRAWN FROM BELOW UPWARD. Do not say then that this alone - MEANING THE WINE OF YISRAEL BELOW - IS THE SAME MODEL AS ABOVE, for everything that Yisrael do below is the same as the supernal model. The wine that is in a supernal place is all the more like the preserved wine.
85. Therefore, Yisrael drink the wine of Yisrael that has been made in Holiness as Yisrael above, ZEIR ANPIN - who drinks the wine and spreads roots and is blessed by that holy supernal wine, WHICH IS DERIVED FROM THE BINAH, FROM BELOW UPWARD. They do not drink wine which has been made with impurity from the Side of Impurity, for the Spirit of Impurity rests upon it and whoever drinks it defiles his spirit. He is defiled and he is not of the side of Yisrael and has no share in the World to Come, for in the World to Come, WHICH IS BINAH, lies the preserved wine, WHICH IS DERIVED FROM BELOW UPWARD, AS WAS MENTIONED.
86. Therefore, the holy Yisrael must guard this more than anything else, since it is attached to the place of the World to Come, AS MENTIONED ABOVE. Therefore, the Holy One, blessed be He, is blessed with wine more than with anything else, for it gladdens the left side OF ZEIR ANPIN, WHICH OBTAINS FROM THE FORCE OF THE PRESERVED WINE OF BINAH. In that rejoicing, it merges itself in the right side OF ZEIR ANPIN, AND THE CHASSADIM OF THE RIGHT ARE MERGED WITH THE ILLUMINATION OF THE CHOCHMAH IN THE LEFT. Thus, when the whole becomes right - IN ZEIR ANPIN, IN WHICH THE RIGHT PREVAILS - the Holy Name, WHO IS MALCHUT, is in bliss, and blessings are all over the worlds. By that act OF DRINKING THE WINE below, a reaction is elicited above, FOR THE ILLUMINATION OF CHOCHMAH, THE SECRET OF THE PRESERVED WINE, IS DRAWN DOWN FROM BINAH TO THE LEFT COLUMN OF ZEIR ANPIN. THIS IS THE SECRET OF THE VERSE: "DRINK DEEP, O LOVING FRIENDS" (SHIR HASHIRIM 4:2). Therefore, one pronounces the blessing upon wine BELOW to correspond with the wine ABOVE.
87. Therefore, because THE WINE is preserved above, IN BINAH, it should be kept FROM THE TOUCH OF A STRANGER below, and by keeping it so, Yisrael become Holy. He from the Side of Impurity who defiles it below will be defiled in this world, and he will have no share in the World to Come, WHICH IS BINAH, THE PLACE WHERE the preserved wine rests. SINCE he does not care for THE WINE BELOW, he is not cared for in the World to Come. He defiles THE WINE; therefore, he will be defiled in that world and will have no share in the wine of the World to Come. Happy are Yisrael who sanctify themselves with the supernal Holiness, keep whatever should be kept, and sanctify the King with this supernal keeping. Happy are they in this world and in the World to Come.