360. After THE DEMONS were born to Adam, he had daughters from these spirits that were similar in beauty to those on high and those below. Therefore, it is written, "The sons of Elohim saw that the daughters of men were fair" (Beresheet 6:2). All were going astray after them. There was one male, who was born to the spirit from the aspect of Cain, and he was named Tuval Cain. A female was born with him. People were going astray after her, and she was called Na'amah. From her came other spirits and demons. They were hovering in the air, revealing matters to the others who were below, IN THE WORLD.
361. This Tuval Cain introduced weaponry to the world, AS HE SHARPENED ALL EARTHENWARE, COPPER AND IRON. While attached to her aspect, this Na'amah used to be in a state of great commotion. She still lives, dwelling among the roars of the great sea. She comes out, sports with people, warms herself by them in a man's dream by his lust, and attaches herself to him. She takes FROM HIM that passion, but not more. From that lust, she becomes pregnant and produces many species OF DEMON in the world.
362. These children, NAMELY DEMONS AND SPIRITS, that she bore to humans are SEEN IN DREAMS to human females who conceive from them and bear spirits. They go to the primordial Lilit and she rears them. She goes out into the world, seeks children, sees humale children and attaches herself to them in order to kill them. Then she joins with the spirits of the children and goes with that spirit. Three holy spirits come. They fly before her, take from her that spirit, place it before the Holy one, blessed be He. There they study before Him.
363. For this reason, the Torah warns people, "You shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and you shall be holy" (Vayikra 11:44). Surely, if a man is holy, he need not fear LILIT. Then the Holy One, blessed be He, designates these three holy angels which we spoke about, and they guard that child, so she cannot harm him. This is the meaning of the verse, "No evil shall befall you, nor shall any come near your dwelling" (Tehilim 91:10). For what reason is it that "no evil shall befall you?" "For He shall give His angels charge over you" (Ibid. 11) and, "Because he has set his delight upon Me, therefore will I deliver him" (Ibid. 14).
364. If a person is not holy, but draws a spirit from the side of defilement, then LILIT comes and plays with the child. If she kills him, she clings to the spirit OF THE CHILD and never lets go. If you ask, What about the others THAT DID NOT DRAW SPIRIT FROM DEFILEMENT? She kills them and there appear before her these three holy SPIRITS who take away his spirit. Behold, these people were never in the side of defilement, so why does she have the ability to kill them? HE ANSWERS: This is so when they are not sanctified; THEREFORE, SHE CAN KILL THEM. They never had any intention to become unclean and they did not become unclean. Therefore, she only has control over his body, TO KILL HIM but not the spirit, AS THE SPIRIT IS BROUGHT BEFORE THE HOLY ONE, BLESSED BE HE.
365. Sometimes it happens that Na'amah goes out into the world to heat herself against people, and a man would find himself bound to her with desire. He awakens from his sleep, joins and lies with his wife, but his thoughts are STILL with the desire he had in his dream. Then the child born stems from Na'amah, because all this happened while he had a desire for her. When Lilit comes out and sees the child, she understands the situation THAT HE STEMS FROM NA'AMAH. She clings to him and raises him like the other children of Na'amah. Also, she stays with him a long time, but does not kill him, AS HE PERTAINS TO HER SIDE.
366. Such a man, with every NEW moon, becomes defective and she never gives up with him. With the renewal of the moon, NAMELY THE START OF THE NEW MONTH, Lilit goes out, visits all THE CHILDREN in her care and jests with them. That person is then defective at that time. Fortunate are the just, who sanctify themselves with the sanctity of the King. About them, it is written, "And it shall come to pass, that every new moon, and every Shabbat..." (Yeshayah 66:23).
368. Woe to those people who are all obtuse and blind and neither know, listen nor pay attention to the reason they are in the world. Advice and cure are before them, but they do not see, for people cannot be saved, except with the guidance of Torah, as it is written, "If there be among you any man, that is not clean by reason of uncleanness that chances by night" (Devarim 23:11). "That is not clean" is exact, MEANING THAT HIS BIRTH WAS COME THROUGH THE SPIRIT OF DEFILEMENT, AS MENTIONED. "Uncleanness that chances by night" exactly, MEANING AT SLEEP WHEN DREAMING. We have already established these matters with the counsel of the holy Torah, as it is written in the Torah, "You shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and you shall be holy, for I am Hashem your Elohim" (Vayikra 20:7); THEN NO EVIL WILL BEFALL YOU.