76. Every uncleanness - such as that of a woman in her menstrual flow, a leper, or a man or a woman who has a discharge and a woman who gives birth - the fire of Gvurah consumes THEM - the soul is the vessel of the Holy One, blessed be He, AND THE HOLY ONE, BLESSED BE HE, does not dwell in it until it is purged in the fire of Gvurah, as it is written: "'is not My word like a fire?' says Hashem" (Yirmeyah 23:29). In this fire, if THE EVIL INCLINATION is like iron, it explodes; if it is like stone, it melts.
77. And of the right, the place of the Written Torah, that is REFERRED TO AS 'water,' IT SAYS: "and she shall be cleansed from the flow of her blood" (Vayikra 12:7). Through her are cleansed a leper, one who is unclean through contact with a dead body, one who has a discharge and one who is defiled through contact with any kind of insect. This is what is meant by: "then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and you shall be clean" (Yechezkel 36:25).
78. In the Central Column, the vessel is united with her husband, THE VESSEL being a woman, MALCHUT. After becoming sanctified in the Left COLUMN and becoming cleansed in the ritual waters in the Right COLUMN, SHE IS UNITED IN THE CENTRAL COLUMN. It is said about Pesach utensils: such utensils that were used to serve cold things, one dips them ritually in cold water and they are cleansed. Since they are the souls that came from the side of Mercy and they are merciful, graceful and kind, they do not require cleansing in lukewarm water like those of average people. Most certainly they are not cleansed in the very hot waters, through which the completely wicked purify themselves, those who heat themselves in the fire of the Evil Inclination. About them, it is written: "everything that comes into the fire...you shall pass through the fire" (Bemidbar 31:23), since the filth on them is great. However, the completely righteous are cleansed with cold water, since it was said about them: whoever puts space between the ones that cleave together - MEANING THAT HE DOES NOT STICK TOGETHER WHILE PRONOUNCING THE LETTERS IN THE RECITAL OF SH'MA - ONE TO THE OTHER, the Gehenom is cooled down for him.
79. If the souls are materialistic, in that they are like clay utensils, their breakage is their purification. As it is said, if they are broken, they are cleansed. The secret of this is: "the sacrifices of Elohim are a broken spirit" (Tehilim 51:19). However, as for those involved in studying the Written Torah and the Oral Torah, which are fire and water, and those who are striving after the secrets of the Torah, which is light, of which it is written: "and Torah is light" (Mishlei 6:23), they are purified through the Torah AND DO NOT NEED GEHENOM.
80. Furthermore, we find in the chapter about seeing, 'One who sees dates (Heb. temarim) in his dream, it means his iniquities have ended (Heb. tamu).' This is what is written: "the punishment of your iniquity is accomplished, O daughter of Zion" (Eichah 4:22), because temarim consists of THE LETTERS of tam (Eng. 'whole'), which is Jacob's level, about whom it is written: "and Jacob was a plain (Heb. tam) man" (Beresheet 25:27). The sins are bitter (Heb. marim) and, therefore, dates contain THE LETTERS tam and mar. THEREFORE, THIS INDICATES THAT HIS SINS ARE OVER.