125. The sixth chamber is called the chamber of Ratzon (desire). Here dwells the spirit called Chut Hashani (thread of scarlet), about which it is written: "your lips are like a thread of scarlet" (Shir Hashirim 4:3). All the lower spirits chase the spirit Ratzon in an effort to catch it and cleave to it with a loving kiss.
126. This spirit consists of six, and is sustained by six. It comprises the six chambers below it and is sustained by six above it. This spirit, therefore, produces twelve lights. EACH LIGHT includes all the upper and the lower six. These twelve lights are happy to elevate higher, as well as to receive all that are below.
127. This is the chamber of Ratzon, being the overall desire. And he who forms connections, THAT IS, UNIFIES and elevates THE LOWER CHAMBERS up to this chamber, draws good will (desire) from Hashem, with love. Into this chamber, Moses was gathered TO HIS PEOPLE with love. He was kissed with the kiss of love, AS IS WRITTEN: "AND MOSES, THE SERVANT OF HASHEM, DIED HERE IN THE LAND OF MOAB, ACCORDING TO THE WORD (LIT. 'MOUTH') OF HASHEM" (DEVARIM 34:5). THIS IS THE SECRET MEANING OF THE KISS OF LOVE. This is called the chamber of Moses. This spirit is the spirit of love, the spirit of unison. It draws love to every part, AND THE TWELVE LIGHTS WITHIN THE SPIRIT RISE AND GLOW.
128. And the twelve lights OF THE SPIRIT rise and glow. From their shining, four holy living creatures are produced. These living creatures, which are the true manifestations of love, are called the "great living creatures (Heb. chayot)." They embrace the smaller living creatures and contain them, as is said: "both small and great beasts (Heb. chayot)" (Tehilim 104:25).
129. THe GREAT LIVING CREATURES contain one another in all four directions, just as the four segments of a walnut are included IN THE FRUIT ITSELF. THIS MEANS THAT EACH OF THE FOUR HAS FOUR PARTS IN IT. Hence, this chamber is called the garden of walnuts, as it is written: "I went down into the garden of walnuts" (Shir Hashirim 6:11). What is meant by the garden of walnuts? IT MEANS, I went down to the chamber of Ahavah, to unite the male and the female.
130. Those four GREAT LIVING CREATURES are divided into twelve, three for each side OF THE FOUR SIDES, and all of the lower CHAMBERS are contained within them. THE TWELVE LIGHTS INCLUDE SIX FROM THE CHAMBER ITSELF AND SIX FROM THE LOWER CHAMBERS, WHICH HAVE ELEVATED. THE SAME EFFECT IS PRODUCED IN THE LIVING CREATURES: THE SIX LIGHTS OF THE CHAMBER PRODUCE FOUR GREAT LIVING CREATURES, NAMELY CHOCHMAH, BINAH, TIFERET AND MALCHUT. EACH ONE OF THE FOUR GREAT LIVING CREATURES HAS FOUR SIDES. HENCE, THERE ARE SIXTEEN LIGHTS. AND THE SIX LIGHTS EMANATING FROM THE LOWER CHAMBERS PRODUCE THE TWELVE SMALL LIVING CREATURES. EACH OF THESE LIVING CREATURES CONTAINS ONLY THREE ASPECTS. And within THESE SMALL LIVING CREATURES, spirits are contained in spirits and lights within lights. All are contained within the other, until they become one. And then, AFTER ALL THE LOWER BEINGS UNITE, the spirit includes them all. IT THUS ENCOMPASSES THE TWELVE LIGHTS, WHICH IN TURN ARE INCLUDED WITHIN THE FOUR GREAT AND TWELVE SMALL LIVING CREATURES, AND THE TWELVE SMALL LIVING CREATURES INCLUDE ALL THE LOWER BEINGS, AS PREVIOUSLY EXPLAINED. THE SPIRIT rises WITH THEM to be adorned by the higher spirit called Shamayim (heaven), WHICH IS THE SECRET OF ZEIR ANPIN OF ATZILUT, AS ZEIR ANPIN IS THE SECRET OF THE RUACH OF ATZILUT AND IS CALLED 'HEAVEN.' It invites it to be united with it. And when all those from below are attached to it, it says, "Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth" (Shir Hashirim 1:1). Then there is the joy of uniting a spirit with a spirit. THAT IS, THE SPIRIT OF DESIRE, WHICH INCLUDES ALL THE LOWER BEINGS, JOINS WITH THE SPIRIT OF ATZILUT, WHICH IS THE SECRET OF ZEIR ANPIN CALLED 'HEAVEN,' to complement each other. This union results in perfection. BY UNITING ALL OF THE LOWER CHAMBERS, THE SPIRIT BECOMES WHOLE, BOTH WITH CHASSADIM AND CHOCHMAH.
131. The spirit OF RATZON connects with THE SPIRIT OF ATZILUT, CALLED SHAMAYIN, and each complements the other WITH THE EMANATIONS OF CHOCHMAH. They are lit by each other THROUGH THE LIGHT OF CHASSADIM, and perfection ensues. All of this happens when the desire of a righteous man reciting his prayers elevates all OF THE CHAMBERS OF BRIYAH to this place IN THE WORLD OF ATZILUT, for the sake of lovingly joining them together. ALL THIS IS DONE THROUGH THE DESIRE OF A RIGHTEOUS MEN, WHO PRAYED AND RAISED ALL THE CHAMBER OF BRIYAH TO THAT PLACE FOR UNION BY A KISS, TO JOIN THEM WITH MUTUAL LOVE. Then each of the spirits, all of the chambers that are contained within THE SPIRIT CALLED RATZON (DESIRE), and each and every spirit or chamber contained in ZEIR ANPIN OF ATZILUT, CALLED Shamayim, pick the chamber and spirit most suitable for it to connect with and to be complemented by. Through this unification, the sixth spirit, called Ratzon, elevates all OF THE LIGHTS AND SPIRITS IN THE CHAMBERS OF BRIYAH TO THE LIGHTS AND SPIRITS IN ZEIR ANPIN OF ATZILUT.
132. In this way, EVERY ASPECT OF ZEIR ANPIN connects WITH EVERY CORRESPONDING ASPECT OF THE CHAMBERS. Shamayim, NAMELY ZEIR ANPIN, or the supernal Holy Spirit therein, receives the UPPER chamber and the upper spirit called Ratzon, so that they can kiss, connect with, and complement each other. This is the concealed meaning of "and Jacob kissed Rachel" (Beresheet 29:11). JACOB IS THE SECRET OF ZEIR ANPIN, AND RACHEL IS THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE CONTAINING ALL OF THE CHAMBERS THAT ELEVATED TO ATZILUT.
133. Hence, Abraham, who is the Right COLUMN OF ZEIR ANPIN; THAT IS, CHESED, takes this spirit, called Ahavah (love), and causes them to connect and embrace each other. This is evident in the words, "I know that you are a beautiful woman" (Beresheet 12:11). And the beauty of a woman lies in her breasts, NAMELY IN THE FIFTH CHAMBER SIGNIFYING BREASTS.
134. Isaac, who is the Left COLUMN OF ZEIR ANPIN; THAT IS, GVURAH, takes the chamber of the courthouse, WHICH IS THE FOURTH CHAMBER, from where come all the judgments, and joins it with Zechut. They connect with and complete each other, and they are one, as should be. The other prophets BESIDE MOSES, NAMELY NETZACH AND HOD OF ZEIR ANPIN, receive the two chambers containing the two spirits of Nogah (brightness) and Zohar (splendor), as it is written: "the joints of your thighs are like jewels" (Shir Hashirim 7:1), BECAUSE THE TWO CHAMBERS ARE CONTAINED IN NETZACH AND HOD OF THE FEMALE PRINCIPLE AND ARE LIKE THIGHS, WHICH connect with each other to be one.